Gone in 36 seconds

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Gone in 36 seconds
« Previous Page
TimW001
7/20/08 2:36:18AM
Wow, the two big wins tonight nearly brought a tear to my eye. What a ******* amazing night for MMA!
Manfred
7/20/08 2:47:37AM

Posted by hails

I don't think anyone out there will be able to stop him, maybe only Big Nog, because we know he can take the punishment.

um, you might be new to the sport so I'll be gentle.

Fedor fought and dominated Big Nog...twice. (2 1/2 actually but the second fight was stopped due to a cut from an accidental head butt)
RMFG_187
7/20/08 2:47:41AM
Randy by UD. still sayin it, always gonna live by it.

But at least we can agree now, Fedor is #1 P4P. Silva is #2
TimW001
7/20/08 2:55:59AM
WOW! I got #83 on this event!

Guess it wasn't that tough of an event lol.
Buddharox
7/20/08 3:08:33AM

Posted by Khaos

I've always doubted him, I still doubt him, I think he proved he's top 10, top 5 P4P best.

I just couldn't take Jay Glazer's "Cocksucking" of Fedor, the Great one this, The great one that, I mean I ordered the PPV for everyone but Fedor, the hype him up so much, it makes me hate him.

IMO Arlovksi, Barnett, or Couture could beat him.

You hate a fighter because he's hyped up (and rightfully deserves it).

Nice logic there, buddy.
jiujitsufreak74
7/20/08 3:11:18AM

Posted by TimW001

WOW! I got #83 on this event!

Guess it wasn't that tough of an event lol.

Jackelope
7/20/08 3:26:33AM
I can't wait to see what all the Fedor haters come up with to discredit this victory. I'll just hang my head in shame for having to bear the weight of their ignorance. I've already been doing it for 3 years while I've sat there and watched people bash on THE MOST humble and dominant champion in MMA history.

Call it nut hugging... call it whatever.

Also, I'll be interested in seeing the doubters jumping on the bandwagon they've been so eager to burn down.
cmill21
7/20/08 3:39:37AM

Posted by Jackelope

I can't wait to see what all the Fedor haters come up with to discredit this victory. I'll just hang my head in shame for having to bear the weight of their ignorance. I've already been doing it for 3 years while I've sat there and watched people bash on THE MOST humble and dominant champion in MMA history.

Also, I'll be interested in seeing the doubters jumping on the bandwagon they've been so eager to burn down.

Agreed, he's talented, works hard, never talks shit, is always respectful, anf he only fights for his family not for anything else under the sun. He's a great representative for the sport and his quickness, power, ground game, balance, and submissions I think he's the most dangerous fighter on the planet. I think Anderson is getting his nuts hugged more then Fedor IMO so if your going to hate someone for that then you should look at AS.
jocksmall
7/20/08 6:57:22AM

Posted by Bowen50

i have always had a ton of respect for Fedor especially now after he just proved he is still the #1 heavyweight and #2 pound for pound fighter in the world. i am just such a huge Randy fan that idc what anyone says until this fight happens i'm going with Randy all the way. Mega props to Fedor tonight for the performance he put on against Sylvia. talk about an ass whooping. jesus

fedor is the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world. he weighs only 24 pounds more than anderson and would absolutely destroy anderson. not to mention that he has beat all of the top hw in the world. the list of names is just more impressive. cant believe the ufc propaganda machine.
MMAcca
7/20/08 8:00:16AM
New video link anyone ?

Juanez that one's dead.....
imanidiot777
7/20/08 9:57:06AM

Posted by RMFG_187

How do you figure that when Silva is the one who changed weight classes and won while Fedor stayed at heavyweight, seems a little illogical. Silva is sill the best p4p fighter.

Also there is a video right here FIGHT VIDEO
Ordep
7/20/08 10:16:58AM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by RMFG_187

How do you figure that when Silva is the one who changed weight classes and won while Fedor stayed at heavyweight, seems a little illogical. Silva is sill the best p4p fighter.

haha! once again making a good use of your nickname...
The term pound for pound has nothing to do with weight classes to move up or down. It's based on skills, performance and the quality of opponents you get. the P4P comes because all the fighter are compared together, not by divisions.
Rush
7/20/08 11:04:11AM
This fight cemented why I never removed Fedor from my #1 HW spot.
Aether
7/20/08 11:30:49AM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by RMFG_187

No, what you're saying is illogical. Fedor had a much bigger size disadvantage in his fight than Anderson did by moving up to 205. James Irvin is not much bigger than anderson and he's nowhere near being top10 not even top20, whereas tim is top5 and significantly bigger than Fedor. No other division sees weight and height differences like the Heavyweight division. Fedor is easily small enough to fight as a LHW yet he dominates a division full of guys way bigger than him and makes it look easy.

Fedor #1 p4p hands down.
mrsmiley
7/20/08 11:53:21AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Jackelope

Agreed, he's talented, works hard, never talks shit, is always respectful, anf he only fights for his family not for anything else under the sun. He's a great representative for the sport and his quickness, power, ground game, balance, and submissions I think he's the most dangerous fighter on the planet. I think Anderson is getting his nuts hugged more then Fedor IMO so if your going to hate someone for that then you should look at AS.

I agree with you guys.No one can talk shit about Fedor after last night.I lost my voice from screaming so loud with joy.LOL.

I mean the guy,imo,proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is #1 in the world,and has been the past few years.I had Nog as number one in the HW division due to Fedors inactivity,but after last night Fedor gets his place back in my rankings.That was just crazy.
SpiderSilva
7/20/08 12:28:10PM
yesif Fedor retired right now he would stay #1 for some time
jomatty
7/20/08 12:55:02PM

Posted by Aether

I don't understand how people rank Anderson as the best p4p. being the best p4p generally comes with dominance over multiple divisions or winning convincingly with big physical disadvantages. Anderson is by far the best middleweight, but middleweight is also the weakest division, and while anderson has never really had to fight anyone significantly larger than him fedor has proven on multiple occasions that he can easily destroy people with HUGE physical advantages over him.

I'll give Anderson all the respect in the world, but I have a pretty hard time seeing him fight anyone who is 100 pounds heavier than him or a foot taller than him and continuing to be dominant the way fedor has against similar handicaps.

Fedor is the #1 p4p fighter, I've been arguing it for years. Only heavyweights have to deal with such huge gaps in weight and reach, and fedor is more dominant than any champion has ever been, including anderson. Tim is top 5 and fedor finished him in 30 seconds. Even Anderson can't do that to his tougher competition.

that is not what the common meaning of pound for pound best is. what p4p best is generally understood as meaning is all else being equal who is the best. it has nothing to do with defeating multiple weightclasses or fighting people with huge physical advantages (although that would show how strong a fighter is). a fighter could never leave his weighclass and still be the p4p best, in fact that is the entire point of p4p discussions.

on another note fedor should have just silenced all of the doubters. he demolished a man that randy fought hard for five rounds, that beat on big nog and was winning that fight by a wide margin until he got caught, and has proven himself as one of the top hw in the world over and over again. not only did he beat him but he made it look easy. anyone who can still say that he is not the number 1 hw in the world is just not paying attention or is blinded by some sort of bias. Im a huge randy fan but he really has very little chance of winning this fight. his only chance of winning would be to grind out a decision and i just dont think anyone can do that against fedor, he is just too good in transition. randy cant ko him, cant submit him, cant pound him out, and Fedor can do all of those things to randy. it would be a fun fight to watch but i dont think it would be that competitive. i mean randy is great but it is a mistake to blow him out of proportion. everyone should keep in mind that he has lost 2 of his last 4 fights and that he lost to a lhw twice recently. that being the case how in the world is he gonna beat fedor...
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/20/08 1:27:40PM

Posted by DiabloFreak56

i just find it hilarious that fedor didnt even break a sweat vs tim when randy had to go for 5 rounds ya know... just hopefully that fight happens.. and im gonna have to go with my man randy in that fight

WAR RANDY!

hit me up if that happens.....we should do another av bet
imanidiot777
7/20/08 1:43:33PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by RMFG_187

No, what you're saying is illogical. Fedor had a much bigger size disadvantage in his fight than Anderson did by moving up to 205. James Irvin is not much bigger than anderson and he's nowhere near being top10 not even top20, whereas tim is top5 and significantly bigger than Fedor. No other division sees weight and height differences like the Heavyweight division. Fedor is easily small enough to fight as a LHW yet he dominates a division full of guys way bigger than him and makes it look easy.

Fedor #1 p4p hands down.

Alright that point about the heavyweight division is pretty good I like it, I have them equal in my books now for best p4p lol.
ncordless
7/20/08 1:44:24PM

Posted by telnights

He did a really good job tonight. I still don't think he is the P4P best. I think this fight moved him up from 4th to 2 or 3 but I still think Silva is by far #1 right now. I also think Barnett has the best chance of beating him and I think Randy would give him a really good fight. Silva almost looked scared and tapped rather fast to half applied RNC. But After the shots he took I think he just wanted out of there. But I would like to remind some of you before you go on that Fedor is god kick Tim was beat by Andrei Arlovski in 47 seconds and Frank Mir in 50 seconds and almost lost to Randy right off the bat. If Randy hit harder I think he would have. So Tim is prone to fighters that attack him fast before he gets time to get set and find his range.

I disagree with you about the choke. While not a traditional BJJ choke, the hand in hand rear naked is a strong choke in it's own right and can actually be more devastating due to the pressure it puts on the wind-pipe. If you have the grip for it, it can be just as hard to get out of as a normal rnc. Also, it makes for an easier transition to armbar.

Fedor has used the choke before, notably on Fujita. It wasn't half appied. That was pretty textbook.
Aether
7/20/08 1:49:55PM
yeah but that's exactly why his ability to dominate when at a severe disadvantage should be factored into deciding a great p4p fighter. If a fighter can be dominant against people who have natural physical advantages it's a strong indication that they would be even more dominant when all things are equal.

overcoming large physical disadvantages I think is a very big indicator of a fighter's p4p ability. I doubt that Anderson could overcome those same disadvantages in the same situations.
beerman77
7/20/08 1:50:58PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by emfleek

Owned.

Posted by juanez13

Owned.

Posted by DonnieDarko

Owned.

OWNED
Svartorm
7/20/08 1:56:05PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by telnights

He did a really good job tonight. I still don't think he is the P4P best. I think this fight moved him up from 4th to 2 or 3 but I still think Silva is by far #1 right now. I also think Barnett has the best chance of beating him and I think Randy would give him a really good fight. Silva almost looked scared and tapped rather fast to half applied RNC. But After the shots he took I think he just wanted out of there. But I would like to remind some of you before you go on that Fedor is god kick Tim was beat by Andrei Arlovski in 47 seconds and Frank Mir in 50 seconds and almost lost to Randy right off the bat. If Randy hit harder I think he would have. So Tim is prone to fighters that attack him fast before he gets time to get set and find his range.

I disagree with you about the choke. While not a traditional BJJ choke, the hand in hand rear naked is a strong choke in it's own right and can actually be more devastating due to the pressure it puts on the wind-pipe. If you have the grip for it, it can be just as hard to get out of as a normal rnc. Also, it makes for an easier transition to armbar.

Fedor has used the choke before, notably on Fujita. It wasn't half appied. That was pretty textbook.

Right on. He uses it because if you look at his back control position, Tims neck was at his pectorals, which means the Gableson Grip RNC will apply more pressure and wont force him to reposition himself.
Aether
7/20/08 4:07:09PM
I thought he was doing it that way so that he would be able to transition to an armbar if he was unable to finish with the choke. I figured tim would reach up to pull his hand down and get the armbar but he just tapped.
Jackelope
7/20/08 7:55:32PM
Yep, gable grip rnc = all wind choke.

Standard RNC= mostly blood choke
Cdellorso
7/20/08 8:41:34PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by emfleek

Owned.

Posted by juanez13

Owned.

Posted by DonnieDarko