Secondary League Grand Prix (Brackets) *Affliction*

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Secondary League Grand Prix (Brackets) *Affliction*
« Previous Page | Next Page »
EvenFlow
2/12/09 11:22:21AM
I lost in the 2nd round can I have ohiostates place then.
Wolfenstein
2/12/09 3:26:23PM

Posted by EvenFlow

I lost in the 2nd round can I have ohiostates place then.

I've gone back to the original thread, and unfortunately (fortunately for him) there looks like we have an alternate...seanmcal2. I don't want to make any calls because I'm just updating the bracketts in this one and RampageownedYou, Rabi, and beardotheweirdo pretty much constructed this game so it's there call, but seanmcal2 did ask to be an alternate so...
FlashyG
2/12/09 3:27:49PM
It would probably be fairest to let the alternate take his spot or the last person eliminated by Ohio should get it.

That would be Urbman I think.
Rabi
2/12/09 3:33:11PM
What im gonna do is look at all the losers in the last round, and the one who got the highest score in the last round is back in. I will announce the name shortly.
Rabi
2/12/09 3:37:49PM
The highest score on elimianation in the last round was:

Grappler0000 with 58.

Congrats you are back in.

I think this is the fairest way to do it.

Thanks
Twenty20Dollars
2/12/09 3:52:08PM
crap........haha
seanmcal2
2/15/09 11:54:26PM
It's all good to me, it would probably be more fair to have somebody who was a former participant be re-entered than me getting a head start on everyone.

Good luck.
wrona666
2/28/09 8:58:08PM
Finally here we go WEC
Jackelope
2/28/09 9:02:20PM
No doubt, it's definitely been a while. Gotta love WEC, man.. they always put on a great show
breakdown5
3/1/09 7:35:08AM
Good luck to Bowen50 and the rest of the GP entrants.
xtra_chewy
3/1/09 2:47:11PM
Ole' Slippery Pete JJFreak isnt here to take my thunder on this one!!

Curse you JJFreak and your fantastic picking!!!
Wolfenstein
3/1/09 3:28:50PM
Bowen50 continues to tear through the Grand Prix tournaments, and could easilly be holding two grand prix titles when all is said and done. Luckilly for Breakdown5 it is unlikely that Bowen's dynamic moves on the dance floor will play a factor. He had better not overlook one of CPT's best, or he will be on the losing side of this bracket.

Wolfenstein takes on secondary league Hall of Famer Jackelope, in a matchup that should illicit fireworks. Both are members of the same camp, so they should be well versed in each others weaknesses. There is much respect between the two...but there can be onle one winner. Can Wolfenstein avoid being starstruck by the HOF? Can Jackelope prove that his rampage through the secondary league last season wasn't a fluke? So many questions to be answered.

Another CPT superstar D0wnUnd6e6r squares off with LastKing. D0wnUnd6e6r recently dispatched fellow camp member Tuvok in a close battle. When all was said and done, it was just business. LastKing has been doing just enough to stay alive in the tournament, by just barely eeking out a win over RampageOwnedYou by 2 points, and defeating highly touted gspfan in our first tie breaker of the tournament by a mere $6. It's gut-check time.

Grappler0000 steps in as a last minute replacement for exiles Ohiostate, whcih has the remaining Playgrounders shaking in their boots. He is back for veangance, but must first work his way past Twenty20dollars. He hails from the Playground hotbed Sabotage Inc and is one of the few HW Champ forum members. Both are dead set on a collision course, but whoever hesitates first will surely be left in the dust.

Breakout star Jimbo takes on the well respected Npayant. It's a battle between the red hot upstart, and the old wiley 7X HOF'r. This may be the most watched matchup in the sweet 16.

Xtra-chewy meets up with LaosPowerhouse in what could easilly turn into a blowout. Many overlooked xtra-chewy, but he is perhaps one of the most consistent players, and has proven so by putting up dominating performances in both Grand Prix's. Much is unknown about LaosPowerhouse, but this mysterious PG'r has shown that he has more than a couple aces up his sleeve. Can he pull off another miracle against such seemingly insurmountable odds?

Babalu720 takes on the Exmilkman. One can't help but wonder why the ExMilkman would leave such a lucrative business but so far it has proven to be a boon as he sports a healthy 68% record in the secondary league. Babalu720 comes in even more establishes with a 70% record. On paper it appears that babalu has a slight edge, but his training at the EastCoast Ptbulls may be enough to put him over the top.

Another East Coast Pitbull (wrona666) superstar takes the big stage when he meets up with 360 Mafia's finest in WWBJD. WWBJD must believe that he has this one in the bag, as my sources tell me he hasn't trained at all for this matchup (ie he hasn't logged in for a month). Wrona666 should be out to make him pay.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Nitrus
3/1/09 6:10:13PM
Gotta Love those Texts

Props Wolfenstein

Good Luck ! WAR CPT!
Bowen50
3/1/09 6:54:35PM

Posted by breakdown5

Good luck to Bowen50 and the rest of the GP entrants.

good luck to you too
xtra_chewy
3/1/09 9:49:00PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Bowen50 continues to tear through the Grand Prix tournaments, and could easilly be holding two grand prix titles when all is said and done. Luckilly for Breakdown5 it is unlikely that Bowen's dynamic moves on the dance floor will play a factor. He had better not overlook one of CPT's best, or he will be on the losing side of this bracket.

Wolfenstein takes on secondary league Hall of Famer Jackelope, in a matchup that should illicit fireworks. Both are members of the same camp, so they should be well versed in each others weaknesses. There is much respect between the two...but there can be onle one winner. Can Wolfenstein avoid being starstruck by the HOF? Can Jackelope prove that his rampage through the secondary league last season wasn't a fluke? So many questions to be answered.

Another CPT superstar D0wnUnd6e6r squares off with LastKing. D0wnUnd6e6r recently dispatched fellow camp member Tuvok in a close battle. When all was said and done, it was just business. LastKing has been doing just enough to stay alive in the tournament, by just barely eeking out a win over RampageOwnedYou by 2 points, and defeating highly touted gspfan in our first tie breaker of the tournament by a mere $6. It's gut-check time.

Grappler0000 steps in as a last minute replacement for exiles Ohiostate, whcih has the remaining Playgrounders shaking in their boots. He is back for veangance, but must first work his way past Twenty20dollars. He hails from the Playground hotbed Sabotage Inc and is one of the few HW Champ forum members. Both are dead set on a collision course, but whoever hesitates first will surely be left in the dust.

Breakout star Jimbo takes on the well respected Npayant. It's a battle between the red hot upstart, and the old wiley 7X HOF'r. This may be the most watched matchup in the sweet 16.

Xtra-chewy meets up with LaosPowerhouse in what could easilly turn into a blowout. Many overlooked xtra-chewy, but he is perhaps one of the most consistent players, and has proven so by putting up dominating performances in both Grand Prix's. Much is unknown about LaosPowerhouse, but this mysterious PG'r has shown that he has more than a couple aces up his sleeve. Can he pull off another miracle against such seemingly insurmountable odds?

Babalu720 takes on the Exmilkman. One can't help but wonder why the ExMilkman would leave such a lucrative business but so far it has proven to be a boon as he sports a healthy 68% record in the secondary league. Babalu720 comes in even more establishes with a 70% record. On paper it appears that babalu has a slight edge, but his training at the EastCoast Ptbulls may be enough to put him over the top.

Another East Coast Pitbull (wrona666) superstar takes the big stage when he meets up with 360 Mafia's finest in WWBJD. WWBJD must believe that he has this one in the bag, as my sources tell me he hasn't trained at all for this matchup (ie he hasn't logged in for a month). Wrona666 should be out to make him pay.

Gotta spread the man love Wolfie....War it will be.
grappler0000
3/1/09 11:34:14PM
One of my worst ever performances

Congrats $20
Wolfenstein
3/2/09 12:19:46AM
Bowen50
3/2/09 12:34:51AM
hell of a match breakdown. went down to a tie breaker
breakdown5
3/2/09 1:45:53AM

Posted by Bowen50

hell of a match breakdown. went down to a tie breaker

Congrats brother. I went with an insane parlay that had a nice payday but was a real stretch. I never thought that it would come down to a tie breaker, and it wound up being a factor anyway.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/2/09 6:27:43AM
what a cheap way to lose... tiebreaker and even then only a few fake dollars ohhhhhhh well congrats TheLastKing
Jackelope
3/2/09 7:50:29AM
Damn, man.. I took some chances and it bit me in the ass. Congrats Wolfenstein!
Twenty20Dollars
3/4/09 9:52:24AM
I had a great event with 70pts.
Wolfenstein
3/8/09 11:07:18PM
Brackets Updated

Well there's something you won't win this year Bowen!
Bowen50
3/8/09 11:38:21PM
good job man congrats

gotta spread the love
Wolfenstein
3/20/09 8:33:48AM
Brackets have been updated.

Wolfenstein dominates in a 76-45 route, and Npayant squeaks through in a 49-49 tie breaker.

Bracketts Update
xtra_chewy
3/21/09 2:15:09PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Brackets have been updated.

Wolfenstein dominates in a 76-45 route, and Npayant squeaks through in a 49-49 tie breaker.

Bracketts Update

Good luck in the finals guys! Make the FIELD proud npayant!
ncordless
3/21/09 2:30:03PM
wolfie is the man, but I gotta go for my man npayant.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Wolfenstein
4/6/09 12:24:33AM
Wolfenstein- 50 Npayant -44.

Winner Wolfenstein.
Wolfenstein
4/6/09 1:38:22AM
Since it is impossible to do a single elimination bracket unless the teams are a power of 2, if we took 96 players we would have to do three brackets of 32, followed by a final three round robin. It would be my preference to do one single bracket of 128, so I'll ask around and try and get a few more players.
npayant
4/6/09 10:09:07AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Wolfenstein- 50 Npayant -44.

Winner Wolfenstein.

Congrats Wolfenstein! And thanks again for putting these together!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6