Secondary League

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Secondary League
Rabi
10/11/11 5:39:01PM
Any idea when the weekends secondary League event will be updated, the Bellator/MFC combo card.
VILLIN
10/11/11 6:09:09PM
Probably going to be dropped. The Lima/Martin fight got changed late and that left only 7 fights for the event. Hippy has said in the past that 8 fights is the minimum for a legit event.
shaneTpain
10/11/11 6:10:49PM
i was wondering the same thing.

ALSO, secondary league has been super weak lately.. just sayin
grappler0000
10/11/11 6:17:00PM

Posted by VILLIN

Probably going to be dropped. The Lima/Martin fight got changed late and that left only 7 fights for the event. Hippy has said in the past that 8 fights is the minimum for a legit event.

I forgot to make my picks, so one can hope
Poor_Franklin
10/11/11 6:21:50PM

Posted by shaneTpain

secondary league has been super weak lately.. just sayin

i agree, but w/ 34 events coming next year, i think we'll be fine
Budgellism
10/11/11 6:47:45PM

Posted by shaneTpain

i was wondering the same thing.

ALSO, secondary league has been super weak lately.. just sayin

Yes, it has. To be honest, it's starting to get to the point where the owners of the site should either axe the Secondary League or put a ton of effort into it. I wouldn't complain either way but I do pay attention to it and I do actively participate.

EDIT: That's just my two cents though.
shaneTpain
10/11/11 7:07:51PM

Posted by Budgellism

Yes, it has. To be honest, it's starting to get to the point where the owners of the site should either axe the Secondary League or put a ton of effort into it. I wouldn't complain either way but I do pay attention to it and I do actively participate.

Shawn91111
10/11/11 7:31:14PM
If more effort was put into the Secondary league then more people would commit to it. As it is it takes days and days for the updates and there is little promotion for it.
kopower
10/11/11 7:35:27PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by VILLIN

I forgot to make my picks, so one can hope

Same here. I think I picked one fight.
Kpro
10/11/11 10:15:07PM
I started picking the fights and noticed 3 of the 8 matchups had guys that had pulled out already so only 5 were correct. I PM'd the info to the mods and it was down a little while later. And since then another fighter has pulled out making half the card that was up inaccurate, so I understand why it was yanked.

Too bad it didn't (or hasn't) make it back up as I'd still make the picks. Wagers are out of the question though this late. I'd make picks on regional circuit cards if I could; they don't need to be a "name" for me. I don't think casual fans play the Secondary League anyways.
Twenty20Dollars
10/11/11 11:05:27PM
S2 is pretty dead.

No good events, especially with SF fading and not putting out enough events and Bellator not always the most stacked cards.
pmoney
10/12/11 3:10:07AM
I was going to start this very thread. I checked the secondary league again though and the results have been updated.

This is the only time I am sad for an update! I had four picks, and I got one right... A nice 1-3 for 5 points. And with no cards even in sight for the league, I'll be sitting on that for a while.

As far as secondary league goes, I say keep it coming! Keep it the same, take it to the next level, either way as long as we have picks... Even if it is just the 4 fights from the Bellator main card every week, I'd be good with that.
kopower
10/12/11 8:10:54PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

S2 is pretty dead.
Bellator not always the most stacked cards.

That's what makes it the secondary league! The beauty of the unknown and finding that diamond in the rough.
KNIGHT
10/12/11 9:52:53PM