Which season of Tuf has produced the best talent

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which season of Tuf has produced the best talent
Wolfenstein
9/15/08 2:04:16PM
Interesting article grading the TUF seasons on a 1-10 scale.

link
nickcuc547
9/15/08 2:18:26PM
Tier 1: Great Talent
1. Season 1- Griffn, Florian, Diego, Bonnar, Koscheck, Swick, Leben, Quarry are all UFC staples, pretty stacked
2. Season 2- Evans, Stevenson, Burkman, Jardine, Guillard, Cummo have all had success in the ufc.
3. Season 5 -could be even higher in a year or so , has a lot of young talent. Diaz is a budding star, Manny, Emerson, Wiman, Maynard, Lauzon are all very good fighters. Cory Hill and Cole Miller are also solid
Tier 2 Mediocre Talent
4. Season 3- Bisping is good and could be great but that's it. Grove and Herman are solid yet unspectacular.
Tier Three: Weak Talent
5. Season 7- Amir could be great as could CB, that's about it, Matt Brown is decent
6. Season 6- Danzig is the only thing to show from this season, the rest is pretty lackluster.

I don't count season four because they were already established.
wiggum
9/15/08 2:32:48PM
1. season 1...for obvious reasons, but at the same time, these fighters have had 3 years to build upon theyre career, so many seasons could end up having some top competition for years to come

2. ties season 2/ season 5......a lot of season 2 guys are top guys, but i think in a couple years the same will be said for season 5...alot of talent in that group

3.tie season 3 and season 6....these seasons are basically the same...two rival coaches, with a small talent pool, 2 or 3 legit fighters

4. season 7....i think eventually the top fighters from this show will prove themselves somewhat like season 5, but not enough time to show yet
DCRage
9/15/08 2:39:31PM
Right now, 1 largely because of Forrest, Bonnar, and Leben. 2 is right behind thanks largely to Rashad, with 5 a very close 3rd on how it's helped elevate the Lightweight division.
Mchubb316
9/15/08 3:01:22PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Tier 1: Great Talent
1. Season 1- Griffn, Florian, Diego, Bonnar, Koscheck, Swick, Leben, Quarry are all UFC staples, pretty stacked
2. Season 2- Evans, Stevenson, Burkman, Jardine, Guillard, Cummo have all had success in the ufc.
3. Season 5 -could be even higher in a year or so , has a lot of young talent. Diaz is a budding star, Manny, Emerson, Wiman, Maynard, Lauzon are all very good fighters. Cory Hill and Cole Miller are also solid
Tier 2 Mediocre Talent
4. Season 3- Bisping is good and could be great but that's it. Grove and Herman are solid yet unspectacular.
Tier Three: Weak Talent
5. Season 7- Amir could be great as could CB, that's about it, Matt Brown is decent
6. Season 6- Danzig is the only thing to show from this season, the rest is pretty lackluster.

I don't count season four because they were already established.

fullerene
9/15/08 5:43:53PM
Does season 4 count? If so, I say that one is the obvious winner. Otherwise it's season 1.

The shows are aired so close together that there is a natural decline in available talent season to season, not to mention that during the time the show aired the IFL, EliteXC and Bodog started (and in some cases ended) picking up similar level talent.
Twenty20Dollars
9/15/08 5:50:37PM
i would have season 5 as high as season 2 if not higher, because S5 is younger and hasnt had as much time in the ufc as S2.
Khaos
9/15/08 9:36:26PM
I'm gonna say 1, but TUF 5 has a lot of potential to be the best.
haggiswashere
9/16/08 1:41:02AM
they dissed my two favorites! 4 and 7. they have the best personalities of the rest of the seasons. i loved 4 but that was my opinion. I think 7 will turn out better than he said. 1 i think has the best talent. we have had a champ (forrest) and three other title fights (florian,stevensen and quarry) season 4 had a champ and season 2 winner is gonna fight for the title. but thats it. oh and ps im not counting lutter as a title fight because that was part of winning the competition. and florian and stevensen may have only been fighting for a vacant title but still. they lost to some good guys. and right now i think if diego beats thiago he will have a title fight soon.
bls1919
9/16/08 9:31:03PM
In particular order 1,2,5