this season's tuf fighters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » this season's tuf fighters
prozacnation1978
5/12/11 8:09:34AM
This season may be one of the worst in talent.
My question to you is in one years time from june to june of 2012

How many tuf fighters from this season will still be in the ufc??

I think only 1. Two at most
jjeans
5/12/11 9:57:23AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

This season may be one of the worst in talent.
My question to you is in one years time from june to june of 2012

How many tuf fighters from this season will still be in the ufc??

I think only 1. Two at most

I can guess your two, JDS. And the other one you think might still be there is Brock?
cowcatcher
5/12/11 11:25:39AM
Well the guy that wins it is in, so 1 for sure, and they usually keep a guy or two that win at the finale around, so I'm guessing a couple, but for how long is the question as the talent pool does seem shallow. On a tangent, JDS was really high on the guy from Mexico(I can't remember his name), but he seems to be a guy that trains like Tarzan and fights like Jane. It's in the second round now though so maybe a couple guys step up and prove to be UFC worthy.
Twenty20Dollars
5/12/11 12:03:29PM
I just hope a few of them get fights on the TUF Finale b/c I like some of the guys and some of these guys are still young on the in their mid 20's.

But as long as Chris Cope loses this season, i'll be fine. I can't stand that guy.
emfleek
5/12/11 12:10:43PM
Who would've thought a UFC talent scout would frequent the MMAPlayground forums?

FastKnockout
5/12/11 1:35:44PM
The best fighter this season never made it past the first episode.

Myles Jury

He was my pick to win the show. Hopefully Dana will give him a chance once he recovers. As for the current roster, I think Shamar will end up winning. He reminds me a lot of Koscheck on season one. Koscheck had nothing but wrestling but he started improving after the show.
Budgellism
5/12/11 4:44:09PM

Posted by FastKnockout

The best fighter this season never made it past the first episode.

Myles Jury

He was my pick to win the show. Hopefully Dana will give him a chance once he recovers. As for the current roster, I think Shamar will end up winning. He reminds me a lot of Koscheck on season one. Koscheck had nothing but wrestling but he started improving after the show.

Ahhh, knockout beat me to it. Jury would have won the show in my opinion. I think if they decide to give him a shot at the ufc he'll still be here, Shamar will probably be there still and I don't know about anyone else. The talent this season is lacking big time and it's not hard to see.
prozacnation1978
5/12/11 4:54:45PM
I have shamar winning it all
Twenty20Dollars
5/12/11 5:05:40PM
I think the guy who beat Lenny will win it? I think he beat Lenny, can't remember his name. Has the buzzed head on JDS's team.

Edit: Guy I'm thinking is Ryan McGillivray
Rabi
5/13/11 8:21:37PM
I always enjoy TUF, but for me this has been the worst season to date, most of the fights have been quite boring, the next to TUF seasonsm should be FW and BW (in any order), there is a lot of smaller guys who have not made it into the UFC and it would be good for them to get a chance and to raise the profile of those divisions.
hashyandy4
5/13/11 8:58:53PM

Posted by Rabi

I always enjoy TUF, but for me this has been the worst season to date, most of the fights have been quite boring, the next to TUF seasonsm should be FW and BW (in any order), there is a lot of smaller guys who have not made it into the UFC and it would be good for them to get a chance and to raise the profile of those divisions.

i agree with all this, easily the most boring tuf 2 date
free_style_52
5/18/11 9:01:37PM
Yeah the talent does not look very good at all. I wonder how many will drop to 155 after. A lot of them dont look like very big welter weights.
prozacnation1978
5/19/11 8:33:40AM
If cope makes it to the finals I am gonnna **** my pants!!
Coreytron
5/24/11 10:54:37AM
The only guy i can see doing well is Nijem.. Young guy, solid wrestling, looks like he'll only get better. He'll win this season.

Other than that, MAYBE Chuck..or Ryan. No outstanding talent here besides Nijem though
emfleek
5/24/11 10:57:59AM

Posted by Rabi

This pretty much sums it up for me. I actually missed an episode 2 weeks ago and wasn't even upset that I missed it.

If I hear Brock mention chicken salad or chicken sh*t one more time I'm going to go crazy.
Bloodhound
5/24/11 3:44:36PM
This is the first season I stopped watching, the fights were generally boring and outside of maybe Shamar and Ramsey nobody else is UFC quality. No talent and no in house excitement this season.