Season 11 THANK YOU PLAYGROUND

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Season 11 THANK YOU PLAYGROUND
shaneTpain
12/13/11 8:08:40PM
Hello fellas. I logged on this morn & noticed everyone's wages were back at 1000$. As I looked at my collective points & earnings for season 11 I couldn't help but get a little misty eyed. Season 11 was my first full season & it was a memorable one. I found MMAplayground half way through season 10 & although I participated I hardly put any thought into it. But by Season 11 I was HOOKED. Season 11 is when I really began to get a feel for MMA fantasy & learned how it adds so much to an event. Fights that would otherwise be used to duck out for a smoke or go take a piss have become hair pulling, heart pounding excitement filled bouts because one of the fighters is in my parlay. I never use to watch a full card. Always catching the last 5 bouts or just the main event. But Season 11 I began watching EVERY fight. The FB prelims, the Spike prelims, the WHOLE shebang because the first fight was the hot bout or I had an AVbet riding on a Spike fight. Season 11 I stopped choosing fighters to win because I liked there nickname & started spending hours doing research on rookies & watching old youtube fights to determine my bets. When Season 11 began I was an MMA fan & now that it has ended I am a full blown MMA addict!(My girlfriends words, not mine. "Your ALWAYS on MMAplayground! Your such a UFC nerd.") Thanks MMA playground for finding a way to make the most exciting sport on the planet even more fun! & for making MMA events my favorite part of the weekend & thanks fellow forum dwellers for joining me in such a coming of age season!

Now that my speech is over I thought we could share some of our Season 11 highs & lows &/or Season 11 memories haha. Ill begin:

MY Season 11 highest score was: 86 (UFC 139)
lowest score was: 27 (Fight Night 25) 1st fight of the season, i was still a little rookie.
highest earnings was: 9957$ (TUF14 finale) Yes its weak, Im still getting the hang of smart wagers. haha
lowest earnings was: $-12084 (UFC 140) Nothing to do with my bets, this card was cursed!
parlays hit: 3
avbets won: 1
correct hot bouts hit: 7(counting Peralta over Semerzier, although it was recently overturned)
correct main events: 6
top 3 favorite events: (3)136 (2)TUF14finale (1)139

CANT WAIT FOR SEASON12
Shawn91111
12/13/11 8:53:00PM
$6,000 on Makdessi and Tito and thats nothing to do with your bets?
Twenty20Dollars
12/13/11 8:53:49PM
season 11 was crap for me, pretty much the whole season.

did well in av bets though.
shaneTpain
12/13/11 8:58:57PM

Posted by Shawn91111

$6,000 on Makdessi and Tito and thats nothing to do with your bets?

cursed bro cursed
FastKnockout
12/13/11 9:49:22PM
This was a great season fights wise. Decent season as far as my picks and wagers, but man oh man did a few events really kick my ass. This last event should go down in The Playground history books. Had tons of members shaking their heads in disappointment picks wise.
Budgellism
12/13/11 10:01:37PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

season 11 was crap for me, pretty much the whole season.

did well in av bets though.

This.

6-2, Come at me Playground
pmoney
12/13/11 10:09:59PM
Great write up Tpain

Reminds me of my start! I followed MMA religiously even before the playground, but I played the game differently when I started. It took me at least 5-10 events before I started picking who I thought would win, as opposed to who I wanted to win.

Hey, and a good indicator of your girlfriend's dedication is her tolerance of all MMA endeavors. My girl passed with flying colors. She even made an account and played for (I think) one UFC and two secondary league events! Soon after we were married

I must say, the fights were awesome this season! Not one dissapointing card, that i recall. I wish I did a little better, but being in the top 97-98% in points is good with me. I wanted a top score or top earner badge, but I will keep working on getting better.

But beyond great fights, and my camp having an outstanding season again (Congrats Ringers!!!), there has been another great aspect of these past ten events. That is having quality, new blood such as yourself playing and enjoying the games and forums! It would be harder to enjoy the newly redesigned and revamped glory that is MMAPlayground without you, and everyone on these forums and everyone playing the game!

Now that I am done with my speech...

Season High (pts): 75 - UFC 135 - Rank # 47
Season High (wagers): $8,494 - TUF 14 Finale - Rank #91
Season Low (pts): 44 - UFC 138 - Rank # 992
Season Low (wagers): -$981 - UFC on Versus 6 - Rank # 2771
Parlays Hit: 5 (damn)
Correct Main Events: 7
Correct Hot Bouts: 4 (double damn)
Season Avatar Bets: 2-1
Average Points Per Pick: 7.77
kopower
12/13/11 11:02:26PM

Posted by FastKnockout

This was a great season fights wise. Decent season as far as my picks and wagers, but man oh man did a few events really kick my ass. This last event should go down in The Playground history books. Had tons of members shaking their heads in disappointment picks wise.

This. It's crazy, but all it takes is 1-2 bad events in a season, and your point total and wagers can be wrecked. I think when the season was only a few cards in, I was close to the top in every category. At the end, I fell way off. Looking forward to a fresh start
Bubbles
12/14/11 12:57:56AM

Posted by FastKnockout

UFC on Fox 1 i think had virtually everyone doing this
Bubbles
12/14/11 1:15:21AM
it sucks i waited so damn long to ditch my old garb camp before joining DH...i coulda had another accolade or two :( i also would have a better overall record too. i never really gave much thought into these camps until half way through the season when i decided to venture outside the MMA news realm of the site...boy was i disappointed when i realized how much more the PG had to offer in the other forums. the side games are a great staple to this site (thank you to everyone who takes time to run them), the Padded and Locker rooms have many great threads ive spent many hours sifting through. then i came across some camp "war of words" and then i realized i needed out of my old camp to join in this awesomeness. needless to say DH = #1

- my highest score was 89 (UFC 139...i lost 7 points from picking Le 1st round TKO that morning - i had Wandy 1st round TKO the whole week prior )
- i finished with a 71% pick percentage
- 6-2 in hot bouts (1 loss should be scrapped due to the NC)
- TUF 14 i went perfect on my wagers + parlay
- 4-1 in AV bets (damn you fleek....i will get my revenge!!!!)
- i am hooked on MMAtycoon ever since they partnered with the PG

cant wait for season 12
emfleek
12/14/11 9:07:08AM

Posted by Bubbles

- 4-1 in AV bets (damn you fleek....i will get my revenge!!!!)

That's what they all say.

scoozna
12/14/11 11:28:48AM

Posted by shaneTpain
When Season 11 began I was an MMA fan & now that it has ended I am a full blown MMA addict!(My girlfriends words, not mine. "Your ALWAYS on MMAplayground! Your such a UFC nerd.") Thanks MMA playground for finding a way to make the most exciting sport on the planet even more fun! & for making MMA events my favorite part of the weekend & thanks fellow forum dwellers for joining me in such a coming of age season!

Nice thread TS...a little sappy, but I think we all understand. You triggered me to remember a thread I wanted to start - I think you may need to contribute:

You may have an MMA problem if...
emfleek
12/14/11 11:38:33AM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by shaneTpain
When Season 11 began I was an MMA fan & now that it has ended I am a full blown MMA addict!(My girlfriends words, not mine. "Your ALWAYS on MMAplayground! Your such a UFC nerd.") Thanks MMA playground for finding a way to make the most exciting sport on the planet even more fun! & for making MMA events my favorite part of the weekend & thanks fellow forum dwellers for joining me in such a coming of age season!

Nice thread TS...a little sappy, but I think we all understand. You triggered me to remember a thread I wanted to start - I think you may need to contribute:

You may have an MMA problem if...