Sean Sherk: BJ Penn ‘needs to talk to a psychiatrist’

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sean Sherk: BJ Penn ‘needs to talk to a psychiatrist’
SmileR
4/29/08 3:21:46PM
“I think he needs to talk to a psychiatrist. That sounds pretty sick to me, but good luck. I’m sure there will be blood, both mine and his, so we’ll see what happens. I don’t know, that’s kind of a weird thing to say and I did hear that he said that. I was like, ‘What the hell is he talking about?’ What can you say. He’s got some issues, but I’m not going to let anything he says bother me.”

Former lightweight champion Sean Sherk responds to comments reigning 155-pound kingpin, BJ Penn, made about licking the blood off his gloves when he’s done pounding “The Muscle Shark’s” face in during their championship bout at UFC 84: “Ill Will” on May 24.

Link

Full interview here
jiujitsufreak74
4/29/08 3:58:29PM
I don't know about you guys but i like the taste of blood. maybe BJ just shares my interest in the taste of blood...i like it because it tastes like jacket zippers (i always chewed on mine as a kid) because of the iron. i actually prefer to get hit hard enough to bleed in sparring so that i can taste my own blood.

now that everyone thinks i'm crazy i would have to say that the intensity shown by BJ Penn and the bad blood boiling up (no pun intended) is really making this fight that much more interesting. i love that BJ made those comments and it is going to be Sherk who will be going to the psychiatrist after BJ causes frontal lobe damage and permanently alters his personality...

and yes, i am a little messed up in the head
loller90278
4/29/08 4:44:15PM
a condition from the lack of iron called PICA that leads to wanting the consumption of non food items.

Darnok
4/29/08 4:58:55PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I don't know about you guys but i like the taste of blood. maybe BJ just shares my interest in the taste of blood...i like it because it tastes like jacket zippers (i always chewed on mine as a kid) because of the iron. i actually prefer to get hit hard enough to bleed in sparring so that i can taste my own blood.

now that everyone thinks i'm crazy i would have to say that the intensity shown by BJ Penn and the bad blood boiling up (no pun intended) is really making this fight that much more interesting. i love that BJ made those comments and it is going to be Sherk who will be going to the psychiatrist after BJ causes frontal lobe damage and permanently alters his personality...

and yes, i am a little messed up in the head

A little messed up??

Sorry. I do agree with this being a good fight.
silverbullet
4/29/08 5:02:29PM

don't mess with the guy who chews on jacket zippers
roman
4/29/08 5:10:33PM
This fight will be great. I remember reading a sherdog post about how unstoppable Sean is and i actually believe it. Nobody can beat him except BJ and maybe Shinya. It will take someone with amazing BJJ to topple this guy. Sean is just too strong. Can't wait for this match up and hopefully this card will be a TON better then the last one.
wrona666
4/29/08 5:40:43PM
Sounds pretty bad ass if you ask me, and to everyone who thinks Sherks strength is going to be a factor in this fight just go back and watch BJ vs Hughes first match. BJ can always find a way to submitt a stronger opponent.
SmileR
4/29/08 5:53:35PM
I don't get all the hate for Sherk to tell you the truth. His fighting style may be a bit dull but he gets the job done, has a ton of heart an up to the fight with BJ is always respectful to his opponents. Like he said if you don't like watching him go get a beer or something in his fights.

As for strength not playing a factor I couldn't disagree more, Sherk is tiny for what he weighs! I would go s far as to say he's the strongest LW in the world fighting right now. With all the strength in such a small frame it will be dam hard to submit him! But with that out the way if their was one guy I would pick to find a way it would be BJ.

I don't get why the picks are so one sided in this fight! Sherk stands a really good chance of winning.

i actually prefer to get hit hard enough to bleed in sparring so that i can taste my own blood.

Haha me to man! Do you ever stick your tongue in your gum shield after to get the full iron hit!? Or is that just me?
Red-Dragon
4/29/08 6:11:24PM

Posted by SmileR

I don't get all the hate for Sherk to tell you the truth.

He is a boring drug cheat thats why!
Ben_Hutch
4/29/08 6:34:34PM
This happens every fight

All the fighters are doing is making hype for the fight which = more money.
EON
4/29/08 6:37:46PM

I don't know about you guys but i like the taste of blood.

I hope you mean your own blood............... because if I ever drew my own blood in a fight I would lick it (it has its appeal because of the iron contents in your plasma that give it a salty zest taste) but never taste someone elses that shit is gross, easy way to get herpes, aids, et cetera
iwannabesedated
4/29/08 6:46:33PM

Posted by silverbullet

don't mess with the guy who chews on jacket zippers

Speaking of Zippers what would Happen if the YKK Factory went under..Id bet that if you look at your zipper it was made by YKK...I should get stock in YKK..

Anyways...I hope BJ Licks Sherks' blood off his gloves after this fight..Im sure all the fighter takes AIDS test and such so they are all clean.
mictlantechutli
4/29/08 7:24:50PM

Posted by SmileR

I don't get why the picks are so one sided in this fight! Sherk stands a really good chance of winning.

I admit, I'm a huge BJ Penn fan, but I truly don't think Sherk stands much of a chance and here's why. Penn has arguably the best take down defense in all of MMA. Freakin' GSP could barely get him down. How much trouble did Hughes have putting BJ on his back? Sherk is not the same caliber mma wrestler as either of them. BJ keeps this fight on the feet for R1, and Sherk will look like GSP did after BJ handled him for the first 5 minutes of their fight. I think BJ will put Sherk on his back in R2, and wins by gnp, or rnc after Sherk gets tired of eating right hands.

BJ via stoppage R2
Lay_N_Pray
4/29/08 8:13:09PM
BJ did it once so why not again.

Though Penn creeps me out with his vampire tendencies, I think he will win this fight. Sherk is a phenom of an athlete, but a pretty bad fighter in the technical sense of the term. He will out power you and keep you pinned to the mat with a sporadic elbow.

That stuff wont work on BJ. I think Penn taps him in the second.
jgtribbett
4/29/08 9:04:40PM
bj is a strange little hawaiian..
atlas777
4/29/08 10:01:59PM
the whole licking his opponents blood off his gloves thing is a tad strange i can understand your own but someone elses is kinda gross, he did that after the first fight with hughes didnt he? anyways i want sherk to win but i dont want to start anything i just think the guy is beast
JimiMak
4/29/08 10:02:29PM
War BJ! He's a warrior and will celebrate as such. Sherk has a good underdog chance, but not a good realistic one.
jiujitsufreak74
4/29/08 10:22:54PM

Posted by SmileR

i actually prefer to get hit hard enough to bleed in sparring so that i can taste my own blood.

Haha me to man! Do you ever stick your tongue in your gum shield after to get the full iron hit!? Or is that just me?

yes, all the time...plus for some weird reason i like the way it feels.

Posted by EON

I don't know about you guys but i like the taste of blood.

I hope you mean your own blood............... because if I ever drew my own blood in a fight I would lick it (it has its appeal because of the iron contents in your plasma that give it a salty zest taste) but never taste someone elses that shit is gross, easy way to get herpes, aids, et cetera

yes i mean my own blood, but more power to BJ looking for other sources

Sherk is definitely in this fight, he as a real shot at winning. it is just that i feel BJ has had experience with his style before with Matt Hughes and that with his new revamped attitude and style i don't see him losing

BJ by 2nd round TKO
thesteven5918
4/29/08 11:40:55PM
Sherk sorry ppl bj is graet but no win 4th round win gnp
Near07
4/30/08 3:10:27AM
I don't care much for the taste of blood but i know some do lol I wonder if now that Sherk is off the roids, he will be that none stop animal he was. It will be a bit stuff to keep that pace if your not juiced up. I think round 2 or 3 Sub for BJ. He is awesome at lightweight!!
ufcboss
4/30/08 5:13:47AM
About the blood, My girlfriend and me have been talking about this, She thinks he is disgusting, I think its ok.

Cmon, Winning the world championship, Licking your glove after that must feel great. I dont think I would do it, But hey, If I just won a world title I might have a little lick!

WAR BJ, I HATE SHERK THE JUICER.

maybe BJ shouldnt lick his gloves in this fight, He might fail his drug test!
loonytnt
4/30/08 1:57:30PM
well he didnt lick the blood, the glove got cleaned b4 he did it but still lol, i got sean winning this if it got to the 4th 5th tho