Sean Sherk Given New Date For CSAC Appeal Hearing

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sean Sherk Given New Date For CSAC Appeal Hearing
wolfgarnaud
11/8/07 12:38:05AM
The official date for Sean Sherk's appeal to the California State Athletic Commission regarding his failed steroid test in his title defense over Hermes Franca back at UFC 73 in July has been determined.

After many postponements, the official date of the hearing will be December 4th.

In the mean time, as reported and confirmed by the UFC, while Sherk will remain recognized as the official Lightweight champion of the company, B.J. Penn and Joe Stevenson will fight for an interim Lightweight championship at UFC 80 "Rapid Fire" on January 19th.

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Sean-Sherk-Given-New-Date-For-CSAC-Appeal-Hearing.html

adamsb
11/8/07 12:50:17AM
wow this suck csac needs to stop messing around with this he is going to go a year without getting paided if it keeps getting pushed back anyways lets get this over with so the man can fight and make some money to live on
wolfgarnaud
11/8/07 1:11:50AM
yeah... it looks like they are playing games here... this really sucks for Sherk. but the UFC should put some kind of pressure.
FantasyFighter
11/8/07 10:41:42AM
Yeah, the problem with this case is how long it is taking. I dont know if there is any action he can take against the commission for impeding his ability to make money if he is cleared, but there should be. I feel bad for him.
MMAnomale
11/8/07 11:05:58AM
Yeah, I would say he's deserves a suspension, and he's almost served it, IMO. I think after the new year, they should have him back in the octogon, asap. He may have taken some 'roids, but did anybody watch the show on SpikeTV with him. His workouts were unbelievable (although probably helped by the steroids). Also though, he eating habits were disgusting but impressive. That kind of dedication is amazing. He eats, not for taste, but for fuel, and has made himself a wrecking machine of 155 pounds. He's HUGE. Hermes failed the test as well. I haven't heard what decision was made there, or if one has been made yet.
Anyways, the fans need to see Sherk back out there fighting in the LW division. Him vs. Joe Stevenson, or B.J. Penn would be great to watch. The California State Athletic Commission needs to stop scratching their as*es and make a decision already.
mictlantechutli
11/8/07 12:07:49PM
I was under the impression that his attorney was responsible for this latest delay after submitting some paperwork regarding the lab tests on Sherk's supplements only a week before the scheduled hearing.
babytater03
11/8/07 12:23:41PM

Posted by mictlantechutli

I was under the impression that his attorney was responsible for this latest delay after submitting some paperwork regarding the lab tests on Sherk's supplements only a week before the scheduled hearing.

i'd find new counsel if this were the case. what a freaking joke this lawyer is if he's why it got pushed back again.
EvilScott
11/8/07 2:34:18PM

Posted by mictlantechutli

Actually, that was the CSAC's fault for not distributing the papers the attorney gave. That was supposed to be a 2 week push back, and has again been pushed back until Dec 4th. The CSAC is a ******* joke.
rcg916
11/8/07 2:40:23PM

Posted by MMAnomale

Yeah, I would say he's deserves a suspension, and he's almost served it, IMO.

Why would you say he deserves it? What will you say if the supplements are proven to be the cause... supplements he was under contract to take through Xience, and indirectly the UFC, due to their unpopular relationship with the big X?