Sean Sherk looking in the mirror against Tyson Griffin at UFC 90

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sean Sherk looking in the mirror against Tyson Griffin at UFC 90
MMAcca
10/22/08 12:59:18PM
“Stylistically, I think we’re a lot the same. Obviously, physically, we look a lot the same. I see a lot of same attributes in myself that he has as well. To be honest with you, I just don’t think he’s seasoned enough yet. We’re talking about a guy with 13 fights who hasn’t fought an A-level fighter yet, versus a guy who’s got 40 fights who’s been fighting A-level fighters for six years. So there’s a lot of experience coming into this that I have.”

LINK
Mayo
10/22/08 1:03:40PM
So Urijah Faber and Clay Guida are not A level fighters?!
postman
10/22/08 1:04:46PM
This might be the most boring fight ever. On the other hand this is going to be a awesome wrestrling match.
Pyrenus
10/22/08 1:06:24PM
^^ I don't know about that. Good wrestlers tend to stand and bang with each other.
wrona666
10/22/08 1:08:26PM

Posted by Mayo

You beat me to it.....Good post!

And plus all the A level fighters Sherk has faced he lost the fight, unless you count the Florian snooze fest....
MMAcca
10/22/08 1:10:17PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by Mayo

You beat me to it.....Good post!

And plus all the A level fighters Sherk has faced he lost the fight, unless you count the Florian snooze fest....

Of course they are, Sherk's just talking a bit of smack to hype the fight
saemskin
10/22/08 2:43:01PM
Sherk's striking is no where near as smooth and fluid as Tysons. Sherk is a reactionary striker while Tyson is the kind of striker that pushes you back on your heels.
Nothing similar between the two of them besides their base pedigree.
HumanTarget
10/22/08 3:02:34PM
Sherk UD
4u2nv
10/22/08 4:03:09PM
Sherk can't keep closing so i think he'll pull this LnP out his butt for a UD!
postman
10/22/08 6:45:38PM

Posted by Pyrenus

^^ I don't know about that. Good wrestlers tend to stand and bang with each other.

Sure it has happened before but I see these 2 on the mat all night.