When is Sean Sherk fighting again?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » When is Sean Sherk fighting again?
shawneth
2/3/07 8:36:33PM
It has been since October that we last seen him fight and win the LW title. Ive been paying attention to MMA weekly, who are pretty accurate, and they have an extensive amount of information for the next 3 UFC. Sean Sherk doesn't appear to be on any of them. You would think they've heard something about the UFC LW Champion but theyve got nothing. The LW division seems to be hold latly from what looked to be like a competitive division.
OB_Juan
2/3/07 8:55:56PM
Word is that Dana is giving Franca the title shot he asked for. I guess he knew exactly how to get to Dana's soft spot... drop the F-bomb on live TV.
OB_Juan
2/3/07 8:57:08PM
Also, I think Sherk had an injury he's been nursing the last few months which explains his inactivity.
shawneth
2/3/07 9:15:36PM
Any idea when its gonna be? I would suspect UFC 69 as there are only a few fight rummored for that date. MMA weekly has a huge list of fight for UFC 70 though (the one in england)
OB_Juan
2/3/07 9:16:45PM
I really have no idea when it might be. April at earliest I'd guess.
Pendy
2/4/07 12:44:37AM
If i'm not mistaken Sherk had to have shoulder surgery after the fight with Florian and it looks like the earliest he could step back in the octagon would be July.
Reignofterror
2/4/07 1:26:24AM
Oh man that really sucks I wish Sean a full recovery.
AkiraTheDon
2/4/07 2:02:05AM
november 6, 1986
Svartorm
2/4/07 2:48:16AM
With the way the division is shaping up, he'd better come back at 110% or hes going to get rolled for that title real quick.

If he really can't come back until July, I wouldn't be surprised if they had an interm. belt holder for a bit, as theres too many hungry guys in that bracket.
hippysmacker
2/4/07 3:18:39AM

Posted by Pendy

If i'm not mistaken Sherk had to have shoulder surgery after the fight with Florian and it looks like the earliest he could step back in the octagon would be July.

I'll second that . I read the same thing a while back June-July
madmarck
2/4/07 11:53:56AM
I think Sherk will fight Franca next. If he hadnt had a inury he would fight somebody else then Hermes would get a shot. But as is Sean Sherk had a injury and his next fight will be around when Hermes gets his shot........so put 2 and 2 toghters guys.