Sean Sherk: I'd never heard of Nandrolone

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sean Sherk: I'd never heard of Nandrolone
SmileR
4/28/08 8:41:27AM
Its a cool interview and Sherk has some good points on BJ also talks about his steroids issue and how he's going to pressure BJ untill he quits!

I don't know how to just post the video bit but the link will take you to UFC.com and its on the video bit right in the middle of the page.

Link

EDIT: If anyone can post a direct link to the video props will flow!
SmileR
4/28/08 8:46:02AM
I think i might be the only guy on here that thinks Sherk could pull out a win you know!
I'm not knocking BJ at all but i don't think he's ready for the strength of Sherk and theirs no way he can match him in the cardio department. I really think Sherk is going to to what he does and beat BJ... I can't believe i'm sayin it though!

Does anyone else think he was telling truth about not taking the steroids?
Haha I sound like a Sherk nuthugger!

I actually I don't know who'll win now. My heart says don't bet against BJ but my head's saying DON"T bet against BJ. But somethings telling me Sherk could do it!
Red-Dragon
4/28/08 8:52:08AM

Posted by SmileR

I think i might be the only guy on here that thinks Sherk could pull out a win you know!
I'm not knocking BJ at all but i don't think he's ready for the strength of Sherk and theirs no way he can match him in the cardio department. I really think Sherk is going to to what he does and beat BJ... I can't believe i'm sayin it though!

Er.... No

and Er.... No

The cheat will lose
pinoymixplaya
4/28/08 9:08:56AM
I think Sherk can win, and his chances of winning increase as the fight goes into the later rounds..... I think the best thing he can do against BJ is test his cardio....

and for the record, i really dont think he did steroids or meant to do anything related to them because nobody would spend that much time and money trying to prove something that couldn't be proved with evidence....

but thats just me!
gartface
4/28/08 9:27:58AM
Watch almost any interview from an athlete that got caught using steroids...they deny it or claim ignorance! Gary Sheffield had never even heard of the cream, Barry Bonds never heard of the clear...
I call bull shit on this.

And no, Sean Sherk has the ability to win this fight, but his only chance in my opinion is to LnP his way to another boring ass victory.
grappler0000
4/28/08 9:29:59AM

Posted by SmileR

EDIT: If anyone can post a direct link to the video props will flow!

Video
Aaronno9
4/28/08 9:32:25AM
b.j will be more than ready for sherks strength. Hes beaten a basically stronger version of sherk in matt hughes, and almost beat gsp, who i also beleive is stronger than sherk. B.js natural flexibility and balance are more than enough to negate pretty much anybody in the 155 170 divisions strength.
GlancyMMA
4/28/08 10:11:05AM
The Hughes fight is a great comparison of how the Sherk vs. BJ fight will go... The very aware, composed flexible BJJ fighter against the strong solid collegiate wrestler.

I'll take the dedicated, focused, in shape BJ we have seen as of late to take out anybody in the lightweight division.
casey64
4/28/08 10:34:58AM

Posted by SmileR

I actually I don't know who'll win now. My heart says don't bet against BJ but my head's saying DON"T bet against BJ. But somethings telling me Sherk could do it!

I'm with you on this, I understand exactly what your sayin.
IriShame
4/28/08 10:50:26AM
Look, nobody in their right mind is going to say that Sherk is a more talented fighter than Penn. The only shot Sherk has is to push the pace and try to gas BJ. Earlier in his career I might actually be worried about this strategy as Penn has a history of gassing and Sherk has a history of laying and praying his way to victory. However, I believe Penn has gotten much more serious about his conditioning and if Sherk thinks he can put BJ on his back for 5 rounds and not get caught in a submission than he needs to rethink his gameplan. "The Hilo Kid" by submission in round 3.
CornishMMA
4/28/08 11:01:35AM

Posted by casey64

Posted by SmileR

Me too guys im loving Sherks odds and cannot believe the pick % is 20%!!!!!!!!! Hope more fools pick BJ by sub so we get a <20% bonus 2 points!

Having said all that i think its a 50/50 fight and just depends on whether BJ can win early somehow or whether Sherk will outlast him and either stop him late or win the last 3 rounds. Might end up picking BJ, the biggest ? is cardio
casey64
4/28/08 11:25:08AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by casey64

Posted by SmileR

Me too guys im loving Sherks odds and cannot believe the pick % is 20%!!!!!!!!! Hope more fools pick BJ by sub so we get a <20% bonus 2 points!

Having said all that i think its a 50/50 fight and just depends on whether BJ can win early somehow or whether Sherk will outlast him and either stop him late or win the last 3 rounds. Might end up picking BJ, the biggest ? is cardio

Agreed 100% the cardio is what is gonna matter in the late rounds.
silverbullet
4/28/08 12:17:25PM
The only hope Sherk has is to lay on Penn for five rounds and pray not to get subbed. Sherk's stand-up is inferior, and his submission game is inferior. I'd rather pull out my finger nails with a rusty pair of pliers than watch another Sherk-Franca bore-fest.
dust
4/28/08 12:33:32PM
Sherk's so full of shit that it's not funny anymore.
Martin-666
4/28/08 1:19:47PM

Posted by SmileR

telnights
4/28/08 1:51:47PM
Well I think Sherk is a very good fight and in the top 3 of 155ers but I don't think he can beat BJ. The reason is BJ is just all around better than him. BJ's stand up is light years ahead of Sean's. The same goes for BJJ and take down defense. The only thing you can say he has over BJ is Wrestling and Cardio. Which as much as people think BJ has cardio issues I don't think it will be a factor in this fight. The last 2 fights BJ has fought he wasn't even breathing hard when they ended and I don't see this one being much different. If BJ would have came in the shape he is now when he fought Matt Hughes he would have won. Matt Hughes is a all around better version of Sherk. Still have to think about the fact a very out of shape and injured BJ almost beat Matt Hughes so I don't think a in shape BJ will have a problem with a lesser version of Matt Hughes.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/28/08 2:13:24PM

Posted by dust

Sherk's so full of shit that it's not funny anymore.

thatfedorsohotrightnow
4/28/08 2:34:44PM
Dear Shrek please pick an excuse and stick with it. Either your supps were tainted or the lab botched your test. You can't have it both ways. So which is it?
thesteven5918
4/28/08 4:54:11PM
k guy i love bj and man is he soooooooo talented but man sherk is a work oholic and and u know what i atraight up dont think he did do roids on purpose........ hes tested clean all the other times b4 and he tests positive onece all his wins go unnoticed or something........ hes only lost to two ppl ans that wold be GSP and hughes which is the same for penn.. penn ius gonna lose we all saw sherk mucle out of submissions same is gonna happen and he has cardio on his side........... gonna have to give it to sherk with all my respect to bj......... sherk and silva are gonna hold titles in there division forever just watch
Rush
4/28/08 5:01:19PM

Sean Sherk said:

I'd never heard of Nandrolone

All I can say is, I'm sure a lot of people that smoke pot have never heard of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, but that doesn't mean they didn't toke up.
MaxOne
4/28/08 8:10:11PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Dear Shrek please pick an excuse and stick with it. Either your supps were tainted or the lab botched your test. You can't have it both ways. So which is it?

assume he didn't intentionally use....then he wouldn't know which excuse was accurate.

I expect BJ to win but i actually like watching sherk fight and wasn't even slightly bored when he fought franca. I thought that was a great fight
jakeiceman
4/28/08 8:52:11PM

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

assume he didn't intentionally use....then he wouldn't know which excuse was accurate.

I expect BJ to win but i actually like watching sherk fight and wasn't even slightly bored when he fought franca. I thought that was a great fight

I agree I actually think Sherk is an exciting fighter to watch, so what if he didnt finish him. He took a nasty ass knee to the the face and fought through it, I thought that was a great fight as well.
Kdub
4/29/08 10:34:19AM
It could be me but a lot of BJ Penn supporters use that flippin MMA math like its going out of style. You say BJ has beaten Matt Hughes and for that reason he will beat Sean Sherk. Come on man. Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk are 2 completely different fighters. They both may have a wrestling background but that doesn't make them the same fighter. Matt Hughes is Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk is Sean Sherk. They have different strengths and Sherk could make for a great match up.
telnights
4/29/08 2:10:47PM

Posted by Kdub

It could be me but a lot of BJ Penn supporters use that flippin MMA math like its going out of style. You say BJ has beaten Matt Hughes and for that reason he will beat Sean Sherk. Come on man. Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk are 2 completely different fighters. They both may have a wrestling background but that doesn't make them the same fighter. Matt Hughes is Matt Hughes and Sean Sherk is Sean Sherk. They have different strengths and Sherk could make for a great match up.

Are you kidding me their fighting styles are just short of identical with Matt Hughes having the edge in everything but transitions.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/29/08 3:00:25PM
I heard Sherk claimed he tested positive due to the fact that he was eating bison meat. A type of meat he had just started eating before that fight, and a meat he had never eaten before. Apparently they inject the Bison with large amounts of steroids or something...

...yea he's full of shit.
pharside
4/30/08 12:21:13AM
who has Sherk stopped? ever? anyone? BJ should be able to school him standing and be able to work from guard all night if he has to cuss sherk isn't trying to stop the fight at any point.