Who has the UFC screwed the most?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who has the UFC screwed the most?
« Previous Page
KissMyBallz
8/23/07 7:53:43PM
RIcco got into a mass depression I heard after he lost the belt, and then gained all the weight.

He tried to make a come back I think in WEC fighting Ron Waterman, butt he lost once there then beat him somewhere else and gained something like 80 pounds later. .

Then he started making ridiculous money demands trying to pimp that he was a one time UFC HW champ.

There were no takers.

So he's nowhere right now. As far as I know
jocksmall
8/24/07 3:16:04PM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

What's with all the Tito replies?I wish I could talk all kinds of smack about my ex-employer, then get my old job back on the stipulation that I get to fight my boss, then renig on the fight,then talk more trash about my boss and my co-workers and STILL HAVE A JOB!!!Seriously, is this freakin Bizzaro World or something???

agree tito is a baby and his skills are not what they used to be. the ufc has made him rich. not very often do i agree with danas harsh words but tito is a moron
Lancerz
8/24/07 5:19:24PM

Posted by loller90278

the fans -- for buying pride!!

millions of japanese fans
nubby
8/24/07 6:24:24PM

Posted by jocksmall

Posted by We_Todd_Did

What's with all the Tito replies?I wish I could talk all kinds of smack about my ex-employer, then get my old job back on the stipulation that I get to fight my boss, then renig on the fight,then talk more trash about my boss and my co-workers and STILL HAVE A JOB!!!Seriously, is this freakin Bizzaro World or something???

agree tito is a baby and his skills are not what they used to be. the ufc has made him rich. not very often do i agree with danas harsh words but tito is a moron

Dana is a liar and a manipulator. I wouldn't believe a word he says unless it can be verified not on his payroll. You can side with him all you want, but remember he's also the guy that publically deplored Hermes Franca but has stood by Sean Sherk and even went so far as to lie for him on national television. Now that's class!
Signal2112
8/25/07 6:41:03AM

Posted by loller90278

Yep, I've got to agree with you there!

I dunno, Josh Barnett got a pretty crappy deal from the UFC.
Stickan
8/25/07 6:51:55AM

Posted by DMcCabe11

no question matt lindland end of thread

.. no point in continuing.
Lord_Lenny
8/25/07 2:53:41PM
no one else thinks the shamrocks? especially ken? they basically used his name and tarnished his career in many eyes
NatedawgThaM
8/25/07 3:31:23PM
Karo Parysian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His only 2 losses in the UFC were to Diego Sanchez when I thought Sanchez was the best 170 lbs before he thought he had "awesome KO power against Kos" lol because he KO'd riggs

his other UFC lost was to former champ GSP....His striking has improved and he had a shot but dropped out because of injry...

He's waited to long adn needs a title shot!!!! I feel bad for him...By now I would have been to Pride and bakc or K-1 if I was him because the UFC takes him for granted!!!!!!
johny_rotten
8/27/07 5:05:01PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Karo Parysian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His only 2 losses in the UFC were to Diego Sanchez when I thought Sanchez was the best 170 lbs before he thought he had "awesome KO power against Kos" lol because he KO'd riggs

his other UFC lost was to former champ GSP....His striking has improved and he had a shot but dropped out because of injry...

He's waited to long adn needs a title shot!!!! I feel bad for him...By now I would have been to Pride and bakc or K-1 if I was him because the UFC takes him for granted!!!!!!

I wouldn't say the UFC screwed Karro, but more so that he was a victim of circumstances beyond his control. First the injury that made him pull out of a title shot. Then BJ came back, and at the time in many peoples eyes, was the true champion at 170lbs. Then TUF just screwed up the whole division. First by Serra getting to leap frog guys like Karro and Hughes for a shot at GSP, and now wating till Dec for Serra's first defense.

All in all I think the UFC has done right by Karro. They put him as a head liner on an UFN. Then despite his loss to Sanchez kept him in the mix and put him in the fight right before the main event on what could be the biggest card to date in UFC history at UFC 71. Also remember Karro is a very young guy, and is still improveing.
jocksmall
8/27/07 6:20:34PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by DMcCabe11

Not so fast. Lindland did something to warrant his banishment. He wore a t-shirt that Dana told him he was not permitted to wear. It was also a sports book t-shirt, so Dana was justified in telling Matt not to wear the shirt. I do agree the punishment has been a bit extreme.

a t-shirt dana didnt want him to wear? this is worthy of suspension dana is a power hungry guy i guess . most of these guys are free spirits you cant be picking them apart
jocksmall
8/27/07 6:22:47PM

Posted by loller90278

enough said this is the truth. its seems like ufc just shut them down to get contracts with the fighters and its working
johny_rotten
9/19/07 3:59:30PM

Posted by jocksmall

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by DMcCabe11

Not so fast. Lindland did something to warrant his banishment. He wore a t-shirt that Dana told him he was not permitted to wear. It was also a sports book t-shirt, so Dana was justified in telling Matt not to wear the shirt. I do agree the punishment has been a bit extreme.

a t-shirt dana didnt want him to wear? this is worthy of suspension dana is a power hungry guy i guess . most of these guys are free spirits you cant be picking them apart

I hate Dana McMahon...whupps I mean Dana White, just as much as anyone, but he wasn't wrong in this case. Matt wasn't fired because he wore a t-shirt. Matt was fired because he wore a t-shirt that represented him taking money from a sports book after Dana told him he could not do so. Look at the scandal Pete Rose started in baseball for his association with gambling. Dana was right in protecting the integrity of the sport. By firing Matt he made it very clear to all fighters that there is a zero tolerance rule for associating your self with companies that could tarnish the sport.
MMAFever
9/19/07 4:16:51PM
David "The Crow" Loiseau

Went the distance with Swick and softened Franklin up after a 5 round battle then was unceremoniously booted from his UFC contract.
Pitbull09
9/19/07 6:08:02PM
I was going too say who screwed the ufc the most and I still will.

Its Fedor and his manager trying to dodge the biigest fight in MMA history.
AOTO
9/21/07 3:15:05PM
It probably goes to Nick Diaz. he beat some good fighters then lost to some good fighters. he needs to come back , no matter what Dana thinks of the Riggs situation. Riggs is out now. Bring back Nick Diaz
Pages: 1 2 [3]