Who has the UFC screwed the most?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who has the UFC screwed the most?
Next Page »
johny_rotten
8/21/07 1:07:30AM
In your eyes who has the UFC treated the most unfair? There are long lines of current or ex UFC fighters who feel that Dana has given them an unfair shake. Obviously the most vocal was Tito during his year away/

In my eyes there is no question that it is Vitor Belfort. There have been 22 PPVs since Vitor last stepped in the Octagon. He has only lost to champions inside the UFC. His last fight was a razor close split descion loss in his first bout back after losing the LHW belt. Then throw in the fact that he was performing while dealing with his sister's ransom/kidnapping situation. If he defeats James Zilkick at the next Cage Rage the UFC needs to bring Vitor back, and build him up again as they did for guys like Forrest and Bisping.
peachfuzzz1305
8/21/07 1:19:52AM
Tito Ortiz
Twenty20Dollars
8/21/07 1:32:10AM
Do you really think Vitor can come back into the UFC and build him up with a stacked LHW division and its going to keep growing? I mean dont get me wrong i wouldnt mind see vitor fight in UFC again. but im not sure if its a possibility.
peachfuzzz1305
8/21/07 1:33:06AM
adamal
8/21/07 1:43:28AM
I agree I think that the LHW division is just too tough for him to come back into. However that's not really the issue. I don't claim to know all the details but yea it seems like he has not been allowed to fight and one would wonder why since he had certianly earned his spot in the octogon much more than others (cough, patrick cote, cough)

But, as far as Ttito goes I am not so quick to jump on his side. Obviously he is a great fighter, did a lot for this sport, and could be a hall of famer. But, in my eyes he complains and talks way too much. He has problems hammering out contracts but that's not all Dana's fault i'm sure. Dana can be sort of an ass but that's just his way. We've seen him on TUF he says things to get people fired up and like it or not he is a huge reason that the UFC and MMA are as popular as they are.

Tito probably gets treated more unfairly than other fighters but he doesn't do much to make it better. He does not need to go give a scathing interview time after time.
johny_rotten
8/21/07 2:02:08AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Do you really think Vitor can come back into the UFC and build him up with a stacked LHW division and its going to keep growing? I mean dont get me wrong i wouldnt mind see vitor fight in UFC again. but im not sure if its a possibility.

Vitor has proven he can hang with the best in the division. Chuck, Henderon, nor Tito could finish him. I think he could smoke the bottom half, and mid level fighters. Throw him a Jardine and Bonnar or similar match ups then let him get another shot at Tito or Wandy.
peachfuzzz1305
8/21/07 2:03:17AM
DMcCabe11
8/21/07 2:13:42AM
no question matt lindland end of thread
johny_rotten
8/21/07 2:34:33AM

Posted by DMcCabe11

Not so fast. Lindland did something to warrant his banishment. He wore a t-shirt that Dana told him he was not permitted to wear. It was also a sports book t-shirt, so Dana was justified in telling Matt not to wear the shirt. I do agree the punishment has been a bit extreme.
Lord_Lenny
8/21/07 2:51:49AM
Either Tito or Frank Shamrock, and now Ken Shamrock. Actually especially Ken Shamrock.
We_Todd_Did
8/21/07 2:56:20AM
What's with all the Tito replies?I wish I could talk all kinds of smack about my ex-employer, then get my old job back on the stipulation that I get to fight my boss, then renig on the fight,then talk more trash about my boss and my co-workers and STILL HAVE A JOB!!!Seriously, is this freakin Bizzaro World or something???
loller90278
8/21/07 2:58:30AM
the fans -- for buying pride!!
backalley101
8/21/07 3:17:26AM
bizzaro world
Lord_Lenny
8/21/07 3:19:49AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

What's with all the Tito replies?I wish I could talk all kinds of smack about my ex-employer, then get my old job back on the stipulation that I get to fight my boss, then renig on the fight,then talk more trash about my boss and my co-workers and STILL HAVE A JOB!!!Seriously, is this freakin Bizzaro World or something???

For all the small things. Portraying it like he was ducking chuck when he was champ. Basically bashing him in the last 20 min of the "bad blood" thing. Erasing him from their record books while he was holding out. Only showing one winning fight on Unleashed. All the small stuff that damages his image
We_Todd_Did
8/21/07 4:01:14AM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

For all the small things. Portraying it like he was ducking chuck when he was champ. Basically bashing him in the last 20 min of the "bad blood" thing. Erasing him from their record books while he was holding out. Only showing one winning fight on Unleashed. All the small stuff that damages his image

Point taken...but noone damages Tito Ortiz's image like Tito Ortiz.
kimoron
8/21/07 5:02:44AM

Posted by DMcCabe11

lindland was the first fighter to pop in my head when i saw this thread. i think dana white was trying to get rid of what he thought was a boring fighter.
adamal
8/21/07 10:04:09AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Pretty much exactly what I was trying to say. Well put!
Naturaldisaster
8/21/07 10:36:48AM
Marcio Pe DePano Cruz. I mean the guy fought the best of the best.
BigTomZ
8/21/07 12:07:31PM

Posted by kimoron

Posted by DMcCabe11

lindland was the first fighter to pop in my head when i saw this thread. i think dana white was trying to get rid of what he thought was a boring fighter.

Matt Lindland is an awesome fighter. Some people say he is boring but he has finished the fight in 14 of his 20 wins, and finished in 7 of his last 8 wins. The man has gotten even better. Unfortunately it seems Dana White is robbing the fans of the opportunity to see one of the very best fighters in the sport.

Did anyone see Lindland vs. Jackson? Lindland stepped up a weight class for the fight. It was a split decision for Rampage but it could have gone either way.
tepid55
8/21/07 1:55:46PM
I think it's a toss-up between Matt Lindland, Trevor Prangley, and Travis Lutter.
cowcatcher
8/21/07 2:00:55PM

Posted by tepid55

I think it's a toss-up between Matt Lindland, Trevor Prangley, and Travis Lutter.

lutter screwed himself and is lucky to even have the chance to fight in the ufc again. lindland is kind of the same but to a lesser degree, at least he didnt come into a championship fight overweight, he just wore a shirt after being told he shouldnt
kaduey
8/21/07 2:25:22PM
Tim Sylvia, Matt Lindland, Trevor Prangley
Lord_Lenny
8/21/07 2:59:12PM

Posted by adamal

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Pretty much exactly what I was trying to say. Well put!

I see what your saying, but thats just Tito, in the eyes of some he's damaging his own image, in the eyes of others he's entertaining
spider1179
8/21/07 3:00:29PM

Posted by kaduey

Tim Sylvia, Matt Lindland, Trevor Prangley

How has Sylvia been screwed?
thepunisher
8/21/07 3:04:34PM
The correct answer is Forrest Griffin

The are making him the stepping stone for Shogun, If and when he loses to Shogun who is he going to fight next?
Jardine will more then likely lose to Chuck who already beat Forrest, that put Forrest even further down the ranks he has already fought Tito.I think the are setting Forrest up to be the new Elvis Sinosic a fairly well know fighter that can't win against the big names but still creates some what of a draw. We will see Bonnar Griffin 3 mark my words
adamal
8/21/07 3:15:16PM
I'll buy Forrest. He could be such a big draw but they are using him as a stepping stone some what. Shogun needs someone to fight but it may not be fair to Griffin. I could see him as being "screwed" by being used as a stepping stone rather than a contender especially considering how popular he is.

But Tim Silvia? He got a quick title shot then yea he had to fight Couture but I don't think anyone can be screwed because of an opponent against whom he is defending the belt. Especially if that opponent is over forty and coming back from retirement.
loonytnt
8/21/07 3:21:32PM
imo CC for sure i know you all are reading this askin yourself ''now why CC''

because he had to fight gabriel lol some1 had to no he was going leg kick him !

No but really i think the ppl that dana bought the UFC from (not sure there names) bc dana and the other 2 owner probly didnt buy it for that much and now look at it. i dont think i said that right but GO VERA KICK TIM @$$
Trapt1nw0nder
8/21/07 3:23:35PM
Ali Sonoma

ncordless
8/21/07 3:26:55PM

Posted by thepunisher

The correct answer is Forrest Griffin

The are making him the stepping stone for Shogun, If and when he loses to Shogun who is he going to fight next?
Jardine will more then likely lose to Chuck who already beat Forrest, that put Forrest even further down the ranks he has already fought Tito.I think the are setting Forrest up to be the new Elvis Sinosic a fairly well know fighter that can't win against the big names but still creates some what of a draw. We will see Bonnar Griffin 3 mark my words

They haven't screwed Forrest "Gump" Griffin at all. The guy has had his career and his paydays skyrocket via TUF. Sure, he hasn't been coddled as much as some tufers like Sanchez and Bisping. But they have made Forrest into a name that sells. They won't bring in Lil Nog or Arona because the LHW is full, yet they keep Forrest around and give him shots against the best after losing to Keith "Chicken Wing" Jardine. Seems like Forrest is getting a sweet deal to me.

Branwest
8/21/07 3:30:34PM
Look, personally I liked Pride better than the UFC (I loved both), but it was going under, and somebody had to buy it. At least we'll get to see fights we would'nt have otherwise seen.
I think Lindland's definately been screwed. Ppl hold too many grudges.
Also, I think Nick Diaz has been screwed too. Look what he did to Gomi (forget about the weed, it's not a performance enhancing drug), and Gomi was supposed to be the best at his weight, and one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world. (PS: I love Gomi, think he is one of the best at his weight, and he did go into that fight under-conditioned and wasn't ready for a war) Dana needs to let him come back (and get Lawler back as well).
Pages: [1] 2 3