AJ gets screwed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » AJ gets screwed
fonduktoe
9/14/08 11:16:33PM
just found out that anthony johnson's appeal was denied
wtf!!!!!!
there is not one decent reason why his appeal shouldn't have resulted in a no contest
what kind of parameters do they base their decisions on?
it looks bad for the sport when you get a win by doing something illegal in the sport
this is ridiculous
from reading his press releases it seems that aj is handling this better than i am
props to aj
Mchubb316
9/14/08 11:18:45PM
Yeah it seems like he got the raw end on this one. The only logical thing at this point would to have them fight again. This is my opinion. It would give him motivation to go out and dominate him, and prove the result of the fight was not a matter of the better fighter won.
DiabloFreak56
9/14/08 11:18:52PM

Posted by fonduktoe

just found out that aj's appeal was denied
wtf!!!!!!
there is not one decent reason why his appeal shouldn't have resulted in a no contest
what kind of parameters do they base their decisions on?
it looks bad for the sport when you get a win by doing something illegal in the sport
this is ridiculous

wow i find this ridiculous the guy lost via TKO by an eye poke and the appeal is denied? this is such a bad break for Johnson. i really like him he always puts on a good fight and that eye poke was disapointing to see,
king_katool
9/14/08 11:59:04PM
just one more reason we cant have these boxing nuthuggers deciding the fate of our MMA fighters, we need a strictly MMA Board
bullettdodger
9/15/08 1:19:24AM
Like i said on another thread about this, I think its a raw deal for Johnson, but rarely does the result of a fight get overturned, legitimate reasoning or not. It would be really cool if MMA had its own regulatory body but unfortunately that is not the case. It would also be cool if MMA didn't just recycle boxing judges... but unfortunately that is also not the case.
MFOTHER
9/15/08 12:04:54PM
i wouldnt fight him again if i was aj. i mean the guy said he cant throw a closed fist, so there is a chance it coud happen again. i wouldnt risk it. he completely detached his retina. that could be career ending.
Rabi
9/15/08 1:01:02PM
Its awful that this decision wasnt over ruled. I have to agree with the above person who said AJ skouldnt fight Burns again. i personally think that if Burns is unable to throw a punch correctly then he should not be fighting MMA as it is 2 dangerous for his opponents
InSearchofSunrise
9/16/08 9:48:45AM
This was a slap in the face to those who appreciate fair play. Anthony Johnson won that fight. What a load of bs.
Rush
9/16/08 9:57:43AM

Posted by fonduktoe

Posted by king_katool

just one more reason we cant have these boxing nuthuggers deciding the fate of our MMA fighters, we need a strictly MMA Board

Well, it's not just the NSAC (boxing nuthuggers), even the UFC put the illegal piledriver in Nate Marquardt's pre-event highlight reel.

I agree that the AC needs to create a separate entity for MMA, but can't see how being a boxing commission has anything to do with it.