Scott Smith ready to let his hands fly in Strikeforce debut

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Scott Smith ready to let his hands fly in Strikeforce debut
MMAcca
11/20/08 2:15:51PM
Scott Smith (13-5) knows the challenges that await him Friday night.

The UFC, EliteXC and WEC veteran will make his debut for Strikeforce against fellow slugger Terry Martin (18-5). And despite taking the fight on just a week's notice, Smith recently told TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), that he'll be ready.

"Its real risky to take a fight on short notice, especially a guy like Terry Martin," Smith said. "But about three weeks ago I was supposed to fight on that EliteXC card for the Showtime / EliteXC card. I think it was Nov. 8. I was getting prepared for that. So I just kept on training through, hoping something would come up. And this came up. So I'm ready to go."

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
11/20/08 3:25:29PM
I hope Smith gets the tko victory him just outworks martin and waits for martin to get tired in the 3rd and then finish him with the hands of steel.
MMAcca
11/20/08 3:29:36PM
''Hands of steel'' connecting with ''Jaw made of glass'' = poetry in motion
gsquat
11/20/08 6:08:40PM
Indeed. I see this as pretty simple to call. Hands o' steel R1 KO/TKO
Kracker_Jap
11/20/08 6:11:25PM

Posted by MMAcca

''Hands of steel'' connecting with ''Jaw made of glass'' = poetry in motion

I agree
jakeiceman
11/21/08 9:04:21AM
Hands of steel all the way baby!!!! I think Martin has always been overrated. (well atleast in the beginning)

Scott Smith is a badass and always puts on a good show
casey64
2/10/09 11:28:03AM
Scott Smith is a beast