Scott Smith vs Hector Lombard Elite XC fight booked for Nov. 8

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Scott Smith vs Hector Lombard Elite XC fight booked for Nov. 8
MMAcca
10/8/08 4:50:57PM
Former middleweight number one contender Scott “Hands of Steel” Smith (13-5) and Cuban Judo Olympian Hector “Shango” Lombard (17-2-1) will soon duke it out the Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada, adding another exciting bout to the main card of Elite XC’s November 8 Showtime event.

Smith has been busy over the past few months feuding with division champion Robbie Lawler. The two competed against one another in the “Fight of the Night” during the debut for Elite XC on CBS back in May before having the bout ruled a no contest in the third round after and inadvertent eye poke.

The rematch went down two months later during the second CBS event. This time, however, Lawler proved to be too much for the challenger, handing him a second round technical knockout with some vicious body kicks and strikes.

Smith’s road back to a title shot will not begin with an easy fight — Lombard is a highly touted prospect with a solid mixed martial arts resume.

LINK
gartface
10/8/08 5:00:50PM

Sorry Scott Smith...I like you and all but Lombard is going to make quick work of you.
I've been so excited for his EliteXC debut, and it's finally here!
nickcuc547
10/8/08 5:01:06PM
good fight, smith may be a mediocre fighter but he is tough and always brings it. this showtime card looks excellent so far.
rabbit915
10/8/08 5:52:48PM
I thought he was having problems getting into the U.S. because he was originally from Cuba. What happend with that?
jgtribbett
10/8/08 6:56:12PM
i'm upset.. nov 8th is my bday and all i get is elite xc.. ufc let me down
crazedfan
10/8/08 7:55:29PM

Posted by rabbit915

I thought he was having problems getting into the U.S. because he was originally from Cuba. What happend with that?

Wasn't it UFC actually who wanted him initially but was having issues with his visas? Well hopefully it'll all be worked out... this fight is just one more reason for me to go to the show.
Mungooch
10/8/08 9:35:03PM

YAY