Scoring Issue?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Scoring Issue?
TWITA
12/9/07 12:59:18AM
Why is the official scoring on my fantasy picks in the Danzig V. Speer fight a Round 1 TKO? Rear Naked Choke + tap by Speer = Submission
wolfman
12/9/07 1:03:21AM
It is just an error, they will have it fixed shortly.
Franklinfan47
12/9/07 1:13:26AM
Ya, its cuz they f'd it up over on sherdog
hippysmacker
12/9/07 1:22:14AM
Fixed
tuvok500
12/9/07 1:24:20AM
Well, it is fixed but the score have not been updated.

anyways , i will wait tomorrow.

One of my guys won the top scorers of the entire site !!
i am so happy for him !!

kerryblue
12/9/07 2:20:00AM
The result has been changed to 'Submission', but the scoring is still reflective of a 'KO' result.
Art_Vandelay
12/9/07 11:27:27AM
I believe the general rule of a TKO/Tapout conflict is whether or not there was a tap.

Speer tapped out. 1st round submission victory for Danzig. That is how the score should go down.

In contrast, all that I've heard about the unaired prelim between Georgioff (sp?) and Goulet is that Goulet choked him out in the first. That should be scored as a 1st round (T)KO win for Goulet.
D_O
12/10/07 12:21:08AM

Posted by Art_Vandelay

I believe the general rule of a TKO/Tapout conflict is whether or not there was a tap.

Speer tapped out. 1st round submission victory for Danzig. That is how the score should go down.

In contrast, all that I've heard about the unaired prelim between Georgioff (sp?) and Goulet is that Goulet choked him out in the first. That should be scored as a 1st round (T)KO win for Goulet.

This is incorrect. If a fighter does not tap, and falls unconscious, then it is scored a submission.

If a fighter is in a move like an armbar, and the ref stops the fight (maybe to a broken bone) then it is scored a technical submission. These situations still fall into the submission category.
madmarck
12/10/07 10:11:13AM

Posted by Art_Vandelay

Georgioff was put ina submission. He got choked out and thus it should be a Technical submission.
Kinda the oppostie of what a TKO is in reference to KO.
Art_Vandelay
12/10/07 1:10:25PM
Interesting, I was not clear on the issue.
D_O
12/10/07 6:02:07PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Art_Vandelay

Georgioff was put ina submission. He got choked out and thus it should be a Technical submission.
Kinda the oppostie of what a TKO is in reference to KO.

If you are choked unconscious, it isn't a technical submission. It is just a submission. If you're unconscious, you body submitted for you. Therefore it is just a straight submission.

A technical submission is for when the ref stops the fight during a submission hold, like Royler Gracie vs. Sakuraba, or if a guy breaks his arm in a sub like Ranzo vs. Saku