UFC scores television deal in China, boasts of 240 million potential viewers

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC scores television deal in China, boasts of 240 million potential viewers
babytater03
6/29/09 2:45:10PM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship's worldwide television audience could expand significantly following today's announcement that the UFC has struck a TV deal with Inner Mongolia Television.

It's the UFC's first-ever TV deal in China.

Inner Mongolia Television, known as NMTV, is available in 80 million households with the potential to reach 240 million viewers throughout all provinces of China, according to today's announcement.

click

loller90278
6/29/09 3:33:06PM
this is probably dana's big announcement.. and its pretty big!
McBee
6/29/09 4:08:09PM
But will the Chinese government let them watch it? If so it will be welcome considering when I was there people were still watching Titanic and I could not get away from the Celine Dion song from it blaring in the streets, freaking DiCaprio.
TimW001
6/29/09 7:56:21PM
Wow that is amazing! Good job Dana. He deserves props for this one.
telnights
6/29/09 11:18:37PM
This is huge for the UFC as it opens up a huge market.
cmill21
6/30/09 2:18:38AM
I'm assuming this means China has said they would allow it. Good pick up, now we'll see more Chinese fighters in the UFC.
StriderXero
6/30/09 6:48:43AM
i just hope they dont try to hype up Andy Wang.....even though he's from Taiwan
babytater03
6/30/09 7:13:23AM

Posted by cmill21
... Good pick up, now we'll see more Chinese fighters in the UFC.

i hope!

though, if they go the way of WWE and make two different brands and start having "cross-show" rivalries and belts....yada yada yada...i think i may have to duck and cover for the very soon after end of the world.