Scientists Report First Cure of HIV In A Child, Say It's A Game-Changer

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Scientists Report First Cure of HIV In A Child, Say It's A Game-Changer
prophecy033
3/3/13 11:34:17PM
Scientists believe a little girl born with HIV has been cured of the infection.

She's the first child and only the second person in the world known to have been cured since the virus touched off a global pandemic nearly 32 years ago.

Doctors aren't releasing the child's name, but we know she was born in Mississippi and is now 2 ½ years old – and healthy. Scientists presented details of the case on Sunday at ascientific conference in Atlanta.

Link
KungFuMaster
3/4/13 12:00:01AM
What's up, Prophecy?

Although this may seem like a miracle, I am not surprised. The human body is ever-evolving and this is a good sign that we are slowly developing immunity to HIV.

There is hope for the human race.
george112
3/4/13 12:33:45AM
Saw this on Facebook via Michaels page
Budgellism
3/4/13 1:57:58AM
Great news
Poor_Franklin
3/4/13 3:15:49AM
in Mississippi of all places!
thevoodooninja
3/4/13 9:46:41AM
I can finally stop buying condoms
cowcatcher
3/4/13 10:52:22AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

What's up, Prophecy?

Although this may seem like a miracle, I am not surprised. The human body is ever-evolving and this is a good sign that we are slowly developing immunity to HIV.

As it says specifically in the article that "the child does not have known mutations in her immunity genes that confer protection against HIV," I'd say this is about the evolution of modern medicine.

This is very good news, the thought of babies being born with HIV due to their parent's mistakes is sickening. Even in this case the mother stopped giving the baby her treatments, luckily, they worked though. Good for the doctor for being diligent and finding the kid when the mother pulled a disappearing act.
prozacnation1978
3/4/13 4:46:04PM
That's good
Boo_Radley21
3/4/13 5:23:31PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

I can finally stop buying condoms

As long as you've got a pretty strong vacuum