The Science of MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Science of MMA
SmileR
1/13/08 1:49:38PM
I just saw this, it says its on the national geographic channel so keep an eye out for it.
Should be interesting to watch an they have some well known faces on the show.

Sorry heres the Link
silverbullet
1/13/08 2:18:37PM
Their choice of MMA "legends" is rather interesting.
juanez13
1/13/08 2:22:44PM
already posted LINK
Salty
1/13/08 2:23:45PM
it says its sunday the 27th its going to be on
Boo_Radley21
1/13/08 2:26:22PM

Posted by silverbullet

Their choice of MMA "legends" is rather interesting.

Why is Lister classified as a legend on the show lol.
SmileR
1/13/08 2:33:47PM

Posted by juanez13

already posted LINK

Sorry Can a mod delete this please!
jae_1833
1/13/08 3:37:59PM
Tito, Randy and Bas all qualify as legends I think (or will as soon as they retire).
The only one I think is wrong would be Dean...he hasn't had any really big fights, and has only been around sparingly. Also, no matter what they measure in that lab they will never be able to include the flow of emotions and adrenaline. To put those kind of athletes to the test would require putting sensors on them as they fought....now that would be interesting!
Lord_Lenny
1/13/08 4:05:27PM
Dean is probably on there because of his sick jiujitsu alone, but not an "MMA" legend
mmaboi23
1/13/08 4:28:19PM
I hate how they say the UFC is one of the fastest growing sports.
Manfred
1/13/08 4:34:35PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Dean is probably on there because of his sick jiujitsu alone, but not an "MMA" legend

Plus he was on the original "Fight Science" with Rickson Gracie. I'm sure his close friendships with Randy and Tito didn't hurt either.

What's the announcer supposed to say? "Three MMA legends and a a good jits guy?"
Lord_Lenny
1/13/08 4:52:11PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Plus he was on the original "Fight Science" with Rickson Gracie. I'm sure his close friendships with Randy and Tito didn't hurt either.

What's the announcer supposed to say? "Three MMA legends and a a good jits guy?"

at least it would be honest, but yeah cant be too picky if they are going to put on a good MMA show, Dean will probably be doing the subs, and you cant get much better than Dean if thats what they meant by legend.
Leland
1/14/08 1:38:18PM

Posted by mmaboi23

I hate how they say the UFC is one of the fastest growing sports.

Wow thats dumb. haha