BJ Says Florian Told His Camp About GSP's Greasing (KenFlo Now Denies)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Says Florian Told His Camp About GSP's Greasing (KenFlo Now Denies)
evan9eleven
2/11/09 11:06:59PM
LINK

KenFlo dropping dimes....

Denial

props to crushedbacon for this link BETTER SITE
evan9eleven
2/11/09 11:10:30PM
I think this is contrived by BJ. He's really taking the low road on this one.
crushedbacon
2/11/09 11:12:10PM
BJ's delusional....GSP crushed him so hard, reality is bent right out shape for BJ apparently.
Wolfenstein
2/11/09 11:14:48PM
I'm going to say bogus. Kenny was on MMA Live a few minutes afterwards interviewing George. I don't think he was playing dumb about the incident.
wapttn
2/11/09 11:24:27PM
I dislike this "interview". I dont understand where the facts end and the opinions begin. If this was a legitimate interview then there should be dialogue, or the speakers should be identified as the conversation progresses. Right now all we have is a jumble of quotes which could've easily been taken out of context.

And does it make sense that florian would be rooting for penn to win that fight? if penn won that fight there were rumors that he would retire, and if he didnt then there would be a possibility that florian would have to wait until after penn defended the welterweight belt. This thing about florian wanting to face a champ with 2 belts... i dont buy it. Not just that, but I dont buy that it was florian's camp who warned penn. Nobody at team sityodtong has fought gsp so does anyone actually think florian would warn penn's camp that gsp greases based on rumour? Would florian really go to train at tristar with gsp after making a comment like that? These things really dont add up and that really brings the credibility of this article and/or penn into question

Aether
2/11/09 11:33:21PM
I don't think people's blogs are a reliable source of news. This seems highly dubious to me. It's as though someone read an article an then summarized it in their own words, except the actual article doesn't seem to exist.
crushedbacon
2/11/09 11:35:06PM
It was on BJPenn.com this afternoon....A live stream for like an hour. The website is supposed to post the video sometime soon they were saying.....All those quotes are accurate I listened to it. It was just BJ sitting on his couch talking pretty candidly....

Kenny's Response to BJ's comments....

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/2/11/756856/bloody-elbow-exclusive-ken
evan9eleven
2/11/09 11:35:38PM
he did an interview today on bjpenn.com, I've heard it was him on a couch talking **** for an hour.
Manak
2/11/09 11:49:40PM

Posted by wapttn

I dislike this "interview". I dont understand where the facts end and the opinions begin. If this was a legitimate interview then there should be dialogue, or the speakers should be identified as the conversation progresses. Right now all we have is a jumble of quotes which could've easily been taken out of context.

And does it make sense that florian would be rooting for penn to win that fight? if penn won that fight there were rumors that he would retire, and if he didnt then there would be a possibility that florian would have to wait until after penn defended the welterweight belt. This thing about florian wanting to face a champ with 2 belts... i dont buy it. Not just that, but I dont buy that it was florian's camp who warned penn. Nobody at team sityodtong has fought gsp so does anyone actually think florian would warn penn's camp that gsp greases based on rumour? Would florian really go to train at tristar with gsp after making a comment like that? These things really dont add up and that really brings the credibility of this article and/or penn into question

agreed and wasnt chuck the one of tipped everyone bout it
Aether
2/11/09 11:54:26PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by wapttn

agreed and wasnt chuck the one of tipped everyone bout it

Chuck was allegedly the one who pointed it out DURING the fight to dana white, but there were also rumours that someone told his camp about it before the fight. People were saying it was Matt Serra up to this point. If there's a video to go with it I'll have to check it out.
evan9eleven
2/11/09 11:56:06PM
oh snap now KenFlo denies. I believe Kenny, BJ is a snake if he's lying. What a clusterhump. Winds of **** Bubs.
crushedbacon
2/12/09 12:03:57AM
Here's a transcript of the interview.....the video is supposed to be posted on BJpenn.com sometime soon they said during the broadcast....

http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/

BJ's radio show is up on BJpenn.com....first 10 minutes is on the main page then to see the rest I think you gotta sign up to the site, pretty quick sign up process tho........

http://www.bjpenn.com/
BDON911
2/12/09 12:07:21AM
ugh...this crap needs to go away
fizzle
2/12/09 12:17:18AM

Posted by BDON911

ugh...this crap needs to go away

seriously!
jascri
2/12/09 1:06:24AM
yea, but the question is: Was there illegal greasing? Not is BJ trying to find excuses for the poor showing.
MMAcca
2/12/09 1:13:34AM
BJ is just playing games. I think he's trying to wind Florian up
loller90278
2/12/09 2:15:54AM
a message to kenny florian and bj, from me:

all praise the stretchy pants!!
Pookie
2/12/09 2:30:14AM

Posted by MMAcca

at least it shows hes taking him seriously lol
GSPCanada
2/12/09 4:14:56AM
looks like head games, but this isnt a head game it's slander (if bj is lying) doesnt make much sense wouldnt bj inform someone of the commission if they thought something was going to happen? Ultimately this is Gsp's fault not cause of his corner but because I think he has caused some major brain damage to BJ im interested to see how this one plays out, this is big information
Darnok
2/12/09 12:06:26PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by MMAcca

at least it shows hes taking him seriously lol

As I have said before, I think that BJ says these kinds of things to get himself motivated. If he didn't have to try and back up his own mouth then he probably couldn't even motivate himself. If this is what works for him then great, but it seams to do more harm than good.