All i have to say is HOLY SHIT

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » All i have to say is HOLY SHIT
« Previous Page
GrandMaster313
12/11/08 3:11:16PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Hope the troops appreciated this event, half the fighters sustained career threatening injuries to put on a show . Seriously though, just alot of bad luck on this card for many fighters.

It kinda put the whole purpose of the event into perspective. If the fighters get injured doing this people should definitely donate to the troops...... and maybe some of these fighters too !........ I still cringe when i think about it
imanidiot777
12/11/08 3:35:34PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by gsquat

What a horrible night for horrible injuries.

I was thinking the same thing. In addition to the arm and leg breaks, I think Yoshida was still down after the arena had emptied. As they were segueing to the Bruno-Rees fight, it looked like medics were in the cage with a stretcher. I don't know how he is this morning, but I think he was in La-La Land for a good ten minutes.

And also Loughran had a broken rib, you could see it pointing out a little bit.
higdon10
12/11/08 3:57:28PM
warglory
12/11/08 4:49:08PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Hills break was gruesome. I mean, one of my buddies sent me a link to the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs video (if you dont know what it is, DO NOT look it up) the other day, and i was hardly phased, but watching that fight literally made me jump out of my seat and look away i cringed so much.

I wasnt to bothered by the Cantwell fight though, i mean it was totally Hassans fault, he had to know that was going to happen.

You weren't phased by Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs but you were phased by Corey's leg? Man, Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs is the worst video I have ever seen on the net, and I didn't even watch the whole thing.
DevonFoxy
12/11/08 4:49:24PM
For the guy who wanted to see the armbar...

Pitbull09
12/11/08 5:06:46PM
I knew Hill would lose. You don't keep a guy with no MMA experience or actually fitness. The guy was kept because of his height and it was a bad decision on both sides for him to fight at this level. I picked against him both times cause I knew no matter what guy they set him against (padded record or not), they are guys who have fought to earn those records and see this guy as just another win. Sad for Corey. Hope he heals and reevaluates his career cause that division isnt ment for him let alone the UFC
Pitbull09
12/11/08 5:12:35PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by gsquat

I was thinking the same thing. In addition to the arm and leg breaks, I think Yoshida was still down after the arena had emptied. As they were segueing to the Bruno-Rees fight, it looked like medics were in the cage with a stretcher. I don't know how he is this morning, but I think he was in La-La Land for a good ten minutes.

So that makes
Yoshida- Concussion
That one guy- Broken Arm
Corey- Broken Leg
Loughran- Broken rib

Idk if that was a bad choice in fights or jsut bad luck but it sure doesnt make the sport look good.
dannyfrank
12/11/08 5:17:02PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Aaronno9

Hills break was gruesome. I mean, one of my buddies sent me a link to the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs video (if you dont know what it is, DO NOT look it up) the other day, and i was hardly phased, but watching that fight literally made me jump out of my seat and look away i cringed so much.

I wasnt to bothered by the Cantwell fight though, i mean it was totally Hassans fault, he had to know that was going to happen.

You weren't phased by Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs but you were phased by Corey's leg? Man, Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs is the worst video I have ever seen on the net, and I didn't even watch the whole thing.

worse than the BME pain olympics!?!?!
warglory
12/11/08 5:35:14PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by warglory

Posted by Aaronno9

It's a video of three Ukrainian teenagers who torture and murder a homeless man with hammers and a screwdriver. Apparently they killed a bunch of animals and then moved on to humans, in which they killed 21, all of which were recorded on camera phones. The kids then went to the victim's funerals and took pictures of themselves giving the finger to the graves.

They were eventually caught and are being put on trial soon, but the video is one I would encourage anyone to NOT risk watching. Seriously. This isn't some shock video you should show your, friends, it's basically a snuff film and very, very graphic.
ncordless
12/11/08 6:09:42PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by gsquat

So that makes
Yoshida- Concussion
That one guy- Broken Arm
Corey- Broken Leg
Loughran- Broken rib

Idk if that was a bad choice in fights or jsut bad luck but it sure doesnt make the sport look good.

Don't forget Wolff grew a boob on his forehead.
TheIrishHammer
12/11/08 6:21:42PM
that is one the nastiest breaks i have seen in a while wonder if that will make the highlight reels
dannyfrank
12/11/08 6:37:42PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by warglory

Posted by Aaronno9

It's a video of three Ukrainian teenagers who torture and murder a homeless man with hammers and a screwdriver. Apparently they killed a bunch of animals and then moved on to humans, in which they killed 21, all of which were recorded on camera phones. The kids then went to the victim's funerals and took pictures of themselves giving the finger to the graves.

They were eventually caught and are being put on trial soon, but the video is one I would encourage anyone to NOT risk watching. Seriously. This isn't some shock video you should show your, friends, it's basically a snuff film and very, very graphic.

that is so f*cked up
Franklinfan47
12/11/08 8:15:21PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by warglory

Posted by Aaronno9

Some things just shouldn't be on the internet. Its F'd up enough it happens in the real world.
AchillesHeel
12/11/08 8:57:51PM

Posted by Pitbull09

So that makes
Yoshida- Concussion
That one guy- Broken Arm
Corey- Broken Leg
Loughran- Broken rib

From the promoter's point of view, I think it's just bad luck. You're right, though, this card was not a high point for the sport. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to any new fans. we can only hope that not too many people were turned off by it.
cmb19932
12/11/08 9:18:22PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by warglory

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by warglory

Posted by Aaronno9

Some things just shouldn't be on the internet. Its F'd up enough it happens in the real world.

this might be bridging into political stuff but i dont really care those kids are deserving of way more than death and if i had one wish i would want 10 mins with each one alone with no hammers or any shit like that i wouldnt kill them just beat there ass real good shit like that makes me lose my will to live
bls1919
12/11/08 10:07:47PM
Holy Fuc, i havent seen anything like that since Landis-jons broke his leg the same way. OUT OF CONTROL. After seeing Cantwell break dudes arm i thought wow that will be the highlight of the show and then i get online and BAM!! Corey Hill turne3d to GUMBY for a second. No disrespect at all and I hope he can fight again.
warglory
12/11/08 10:26:12PM

Posted by cmb19932

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by warglory

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by warglory

Posted by Aaronno9

this might be bridging into political stuff but i dont really care those kids are deserving of way more than death and if i had one wish i would want 10 mins with each one alone with no hammers or any shit like that i wouldnt kill them just beat there ass real good shit like that makes me lose my will to live

Dude, you would actually have to sit down and think of sadistic stuff you could do to these teens in order to equal the pain they dealt to this guy. I didn't watch far enough, but apparently they stick a screwdriver into both of his eyes and then cut him with it repeatedly, and when he still doesn't die, they bludgeon him more with a hammer to his face. Like, this video features stuff that is hard to even imagine. Like someone said, stuff like this should be forbidden from getting on the net.
tooly236
12/11/08 10:46:10PM
I am a little amazed that they are showing this fight on UFC.COM right now. I don't think this is what they want to portray trying to go mainstream. Network TV will not want this.
cmb19932
12/11/08 11:13:19PM
nope an ass whoopin is enough 4 me
Aaronno9
12/12/08 12:11:11AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Aaronno9

I dunno dude, i think ive saw so much shit like that in my time ive almost become totally desensitized towards it. Like i watched it all the way through and even when they put the screwdriver into the guys eye i wasn't to phased by it. The worst thing about the video is the sound, i watched it no volume and was fine, watched it with the volume on and it was hard hearing the guy breathing and panicking.

The guys got charged for all the murders though, and their going to one of the toughest prisons in the Ukraine. I can almost grantee they wish they where hammered out of their misery within the first 2 weeks of being in where their being sent.
Aaronno9
12/12/08 12:14:40AM

Posted by Pitbull09

I knew Hill would lose. You don't keep a guy with no MMA experience or actually fitness. The guy was kept because of his height and it was a bad decision on both sides for him to fight at this level. I picked against him both times cause I knew no matter what guy they set him against (padded record or not), they are guys who have fought to earn those records and see this guy as just another win. Sad for Corey. Hope he heals and reevaluates his career cause that division isnt ment for him let alone the UFC

Well, to be fair to corey, he pretty much dominated the round and i cant see any way he was going to loose that fight other than some freak accident. Just sucks for him that the freak accident did actually come around. Hes a very talented guy, and he trains full time, so to say he has no experience or fitness may be a little harsh.
bls1919
12/12/08 4:57:44PM

Posted by tooly236

I am a little amazed that they are showing this fight on UFC.COM right now. I don't think this is what they want to portray trying to go mainstream. Network TV will not want this.

No doubt. With that fight being a prelim most casual fans wouldn't have seen it. I would have put up Koscheks KO instead.
Pages: 1 [2]