how can you say forrest will be a bad champ???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » how can you say forrest will be a bad champ???
tomsmith17381
7/6/08 1:31:42PM
Im allready starting to read comments saying forrest will be a bad champ and he only won because the UFC are gonna make more money out of him being champ blah blah blah. Forrest won that fight no doubt about it and NO it wasn't a fix. And all this nonsense about how he is gonna be a bad champ in my eyes is purely because people cannot come to terms with a former ultimate fighter champion being good enough to go on to win the title as the show is seen as fighters purely trying to make the ufc nevermind dominate once getting there. No im not saying forrest has dominated the ufc but he has now beat some top opposition. One thing is for sure whoever takes the belt from forrest will have to bring a whole lot of heart and determination as he wont give it up without a battle.
DiabloFreak56
7/6/08 1:55:40PM

Posted by tomsmith17381

Im allready starting to read comments saying forrest will be a bad champ and he only won because the UFC are gonna make more money out of him being champ blah blah blah. Forrest won that fight no doubt about it and NO it wasn't a fix. And all this nonsense about how he is gonna be a bad champ in my eyes is purely because people cannot come to terms with a former ultimate fighter champion being good enough to go on to win the title as the show is seen as fighters purely trying to make the ufc nevermind dominate once getting there. No im not saying forrest has dominated the ufc but he has now beat some top opposition. One thing is for sure whoever takes the belt from forrest will have to bring a whole lot of heart and determination as he wont give it up without a battle.

your completely right im a BIG rampage fan and i can admit that rampage lost that fight easily. i mean its not that hard to see that he did. those leg kicks killed him forrest almost made him tap. and had him mounted for pretty much a whole round. one thing i can say that rampage did very good at was his combos. they obviously hurt forrest but not enough to get finished.

IMO forrest could be champ for a very long time he has one of the best work ethics ive seen out of a fighter. and his training with randy is just really bringing out his game. but this LHW division is so stacked anything can happen. and if Anderson Silva keeps fighting at 205 who the hell knows then. so lets see how this all falls in place
Franklinfan47
7/6/08 2:00:25PM
DON'T AGREE that Rampage lost that fight "easily". I had rampage up on the scorecards and could of seen it easily going either way. But thats why you never let it go to the judges.

AGREE that Forrest wont be a bad champ. Everyone should give Griffin his due man. I never though in a million years Griffin stood even the slightest chance in this fight and he brought it to Rampage. He's always shown alot of integrity and is always entertaining. So what if he's the ufc's golden boy? I think he'll make a good champion.
aaa9erh8er
7/6/08 2:29:47PM
i think hell make a great champ hes humble hes talented and hes a fan fav to those who dont realy no anybetter lol(jk hes one of my favs for shure) but anyways he beat rampage and shogun both in under a year imo that makes a good no a great champ.
SpiderSilva
7/6/08 3:22:57PM
Before last night I thought if Forrest won he would be matched vs Chuck after he beats Rashad and Chuck would kill him but after last night I think Forrest leg kicks would work Chuck like Jardines did as for manchita I am as of right not in amazement at Forrest he is after his last 2 wins hands down #1 he beat prb the top 2 guys out there and all I have to say is WOW
Purge
7/6/08 3:45:28PM
He is not a bad champ, but the 205 division being what it is, he will probably only defend the belt once.
EON
7/6/08 4:40:38PM
He'll lose to whoevers next except Liddell, its a bad matchup for Chuck.

Machida, Wand, Thiago and Anderson imo would all beat him
KYGUY07
7/6/08 4:50:45PM
i think hes going to be a great champion, hes just beaten 2 top 5 lhw's in a row, im glad he finally has the belt he works harder than just about anybody in mma, and he has come such a long way since starting out, I think he could be champion for a long time.
ncordless
7/6/08 4:54:39PM
I find it hard to understand anyone who thinks that either fighter won the fight easily.

It's pretty telling that the fans in the arena... who had been pro Forrest... booed when he was announced the winner.
Boo_Radley21
7/6/08 6:05:21PM
I do think he'll be a good champ for sure.
Hurricane_Brad
7/6/08 6:13:39PM
Forrest will make a good champ. He is a humble, classy, funny, and all-around likeable guy, not to mention very popular with the fans. He definitely impressed me last night too, I will admit that I didn't think he would go the distance with Rampage.

That being said, I don't think he will be champ for very long. The LHW division has no shortage of heavy hitters, and Forrest will have to face them sooner or later.
mrsmiley
7/6/08 6:26:06PM
I think their are a lot of good fighters that have made mediocore champs,but that doesn't make them bad.Other than Hughes and Liddell,I have really yet to a see a UFC Champion that really holds a one man dynasty over his division.

Forrest is a great fighter,and though Rampage is my 3rd favorite fighter in the world,I think he clearly lost that fight.
I'm not big on all these newbs jumping on the MMA bandwagon,and acting like TUF is the greatest thing ever,but Forrest deserves RESPECT.

He beat Shogun,who most,including me,considered one of if not the best in the LWH division.Then he comes out and hangs in 5 rounds with Rampage.
IMO,Forrest will make a great champion.
NinjaCyborg
7/7/08 1:09:06PM

Posted by ncordless

I find it hard to understand anyone who thinks that either fighter won the fight easily.

It's pretty telling that the fans in the arena... who had been pro Forrest... booed when he was announced the winner.

Yeah but you can't judge a match based on the fans reaction to fighters.
The majority of the fans are drunk and will boo anything that isn't fast paced, bloody and brutal.
MMAFREAK89
7/24/08 7:48:48AM
No way the only one i would say forrest would loose to would be Anderson Silva other then that he wins those fights.
MMAcca
7/24/08 9:48:03AM

Posted by MMAFREAK89

No way the only one i would say forrest would loose to would be Anderson Silva other then that he wins those fights.

Forrest is the biggest LHW on the planet, not gonna happen......
Jackelope
7/24/08 10:17:52AM
Forrest makes for a great champ just because of who the man is-

He's talented, but he's not gifted by God. He got where he got because he works harder than almost anyone else out there. The guy doesn't have the most iron chin or the heaviest hands, but he's carried himself through his career with a blue collar work ethic. Who can't respect that? Not to mention he's charismatic as hell.

All that being said I'd be surprised to see him make it past 1 or 2 title defenses. Once a gifted athlete with some real heart that takes Forrest seriously comes in to fight he might lose. I don't want it to happen, but that's the way I see it going down. There's just too much talent at LHW and Forrest's skill set doesn't stand out enough above the rest to make me believe anything else.
pv3Hpv3p
7/24/08 11:10:10AM
Bad champ? No... He's a good hard working guy...

Long time champ? No... The division's just too stacked for there to be any long time champ... If Rampage only had one successful title defense, then I don't think that anyone will hold the belt for too long a stretch
prozacnation1978
7/24/08 12:13:41PM
great guy but he is a paper cut out champ
he won't defend one time against lidell or machida or rampage rematch
i don't care what you guys say rampage was robbed it should have been a draw
but the ufc was playing favorites again that is why machida isn't getting his title shot, as well as it took okami forever to get his and he might get his shot taken away just like karo was against hughes when he got injured before a title fight
tomsmith17381
7/24/08 1:11:01PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

great guy but he is a paper cut out champ
he won't defend one time against lidell or machida or rampage rematch
i don't care what you guys say rampage was robbed it should have been a draw
but the ufc was playing favorites again that is why machida isn't getting his title shot, as well as it took okami forever to get his and he might get his shot taken away just like karo was against hughes when he got injured before a title fight

i disagree with everything you say he beat rampage whats to say he wont do it again, chuck has been beaten by jardine not the best fighter in the division yes i know forrest aso lost to him but my point is chuck can be beaten, and machida is all smoke and mirrors to me the most overated fighter in the ufc if someone had the guts to chase the guy and beat him down he will be beaten. i personally think forrest is the perfect guy to beat machida he will fight his aggressive style and lay a beat down on him.
MMAFREAK89
7/24/08 3:21:39PM

Posted by MMAFREAK89

I belive Forrest would struggle with anderson i love forrest but anderson would be the biggest threat.
jocka
7/24/08 5:11:19PM
Forrest is such a cool/down to earth guy and has always been an awsome ambassador to the sport so how can someone say that he will not be a good champ.

He probably will not hold the title for too long but while he has it he will be an awsome champ, i think he would be a way better champ than rampage thats for sure
BIGKAT
7/25/08 12:50:43AM

Posted by ncordless

and it was even MORE telling when Rampage said Forrest just whooped his ass!!! ;)
the_01
7/25/08 4:54:53PM
In my openion, Forrest doesnt deserve the title, Rampage was ripped off. The fight was all Rampage, except for the leg kicks. Look at the damage on both fighters, its obvious who deserves the decision. Its all a matter on who will bring the big bucks for Dana and the UFC crew. Its not that I dislike Forrest, but the point is, why does one fighter (Rampage) has to suffer inequity and injustice. If I was a fighter in the UFC, Id be pissed off and feel insecure, because I know shit like that could happen to me someday.
tomsmith17381
7/25/08 5:29:33PM

Posted by the_01

In my openion, Forrest doesnt deserve the title, Rampage was ripped off. The fight was all Rampage, except for the leg kicks. Look at the damage on both fighters, its obvious who deserves the decision. Its all a matter on who will bring the big bucks for Dana and the UFC crew. Its not that I dislike Forrest, but the point is, why does one fighter (Rampage) has to suffer inequity and injustice. If I was a fighter in the UFC, Id be pissed off and feel insecure, because I know shit like that could happen to me someday.

i think you watched a different fight to me dude are you sure u r not getting it confused with the chuck vs rampage fight?
tomsmith17381
7/25/08 5:32:19PM

Posted by the_01

did you lose your tv feed during the 2nd round in case you did rampage was on his back eating elbows i hope that gives you a better idea of how the fight went
Pookie
7/25/08 5:37:27PM

Posted by tomsmith17381

...machida is all smoke and mirrors to me the most overated fighter in the ufc if someone had the guts to chase the guy and beat him down he will be beaten...

Shenanigans on your post!

You do realize that not only are you down playing machida's skill here, but your also saying every fighter hes faced hasnt had the guts to come foward.

Bj penn
Tito Ortiz
Bonnar
Sokoudjou
Nakamura
Rich Franklin
Vernon White

They must all be cowards i guess, since they just didnt have the guts to fight him correctly...

tomsmith17381
7/25/08 5:40:59PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by tomsmith17381

...machida is all smoke and mirrors to me the most overated fighter in the ufc if someone had the guts to chase the guy and beat him down he will be beaten...

Shenanigans on your post!

You do realize that not only are you down playing machida's skill here, but your also saying every fighter hes faced hasnt had the guts to come foward.

Bj penn
Tito Ortiz
Bonnar
Sokoudjou
Nakamura
Rich Franklin
Vernon White

They must all be cowards i guess, since they just didnt have the guts to fight him correctly...

yep you got it