I say we drop the Strikeforce card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » I say we drop the Strikeforce card
POLL: Do you think the Strikeforce eent should be pulled?
Yes...too many changes, it is giving me a headache 31% (10)
No...I am able to keep up with the changes 44% (14)
Stupid question...no point in even answering 25% (8)
jiujitsufreak74
3/27/08 12:33:23AM
with only 3 days until it takes place...yet another change has occurred. Nick Diaz is now out. There have been too many changes to this card for me to keep up with. it is now getting to be a burden to lock my picks in. what was looking to be one of the better non-UFC cards has now been gutted and the great matchups we were looking forward to are changed. i don't think that the majority of the people on the site will be able to lock their picks in and with all of the chaos that has happened with this card i would prefer if it was removed...what do you guys think?
SmileR
3/27/08 12:37:49AM
I couldn't agree more man!
I'm not sure who's fighting who anymore with all the changes!
wolfman
3/27/08 1:31:12AM
I say you don't pick the card and let everyone else. Ultimately, so we can catch up to you. j/k I can't help but agree, this card has virtually fallen apart and who knows if any other bouts are going to change. So, I also voted to drop the card. I think it is a good idea to vote on this, I hope we can get more people to participate though.
CornishMMA
3/27/08 9:20:36AM
Its too gooder card to not pick on imho

As long as we have 24 hours with the final card to decide picks and wagers its fine i think
npayant
3/27/08 9:35:46AM
No way... this card definitely has some good fights (even if some of the prelim fights keep changing). I vote no!
tap_or_snap
3/27/08 10:51:28AM
Dont drop the card!! im going to score heavy on it and take jj's lead

After all it is the secondary league, the whole point of the secondary league is for people to pick on the lesser Known fighters, it favors those with a broader knowledge and interest.

Mayhem13
3/27/08 10:35:06PM
the changes suck...but the card is still good..and a lot of close fights to pick from..

i like it still
coldchillin
3/28/08 12:31:21AM
no, there's too many good fights.
Svartorm
3/28/08 2:53:51AM
The card is staying, but I'm not sure if we're doing another Strikeforce again. We gave them the benefit of the doubt after the last calamity with the tournament being rearranged at the last second, dropping two decent fights and not even announcing the undercard until the weight in. They fixed the undercard problem now, but their organization is way too unstable to deal with.

Next time they have an event, if the card is still stable a week before, we'll probably put it up, but if it goes like the last two, forget it.
CornishMMA
3/28/08 7:52:33AM

Posted by Svartorm

The card is staying, but I'm not sure if we're doing another Strikeforce again. We gave them the benefit of the doubt after the last calamity with the tournament being rearranged at the last second, dropping two decent fights and not even announcing the undercard until the weight in. They fixed the undercard problem now, but their organization is way too unstable to deal with.

Next time they have an event, if the card is still stable a week before, we'll probably put it up, but if it goes like the last two, forget it.

I actually think thats a lil bit harsh tho dude cos nothing seems to be "THEIR FAULT" really, Shields got injured, no big deal there, Diaz isnt allowed to fight cos of the CSAC likely nothing to do with SF ......... what else has changed? LOL i cant think of any other changes
LightsOut33093
3/28/08 3:21:20PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Svartorm

I actually think thats a lil bit harsh tho dude cos nothing seems to be "THEIR FAULT" really, Shields got injured, no big deal there, Diaz isnt allowed to fight cos of the CSAC likely nothing to do with SF ......... what else has changed? LOL i cant think of any other changes

Good point Cornish
steadymobbin
3/28/08 9:39:53PM
I wish they'd just drop the May CR card.
Svartorm
3/29/08 2:10:51AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Svartorm

Melendez was supposed to fight Josh Thomson, who was injured, then he was supposed to fight Masvidal, who was injured, then he was supposed to fight Cristianson, who backed out for some reason, and now hes got Lemley, who says himself hes going to lose.

Villesenor was supposed to fight Joe Riggs, who was hurt, followed by Cyborg, who couldn't get into the country, and now gets Jensen.

Diaz is off because the CSAC are a bunch of hacks. Shields got hurt. Strikeforce actually had a decent idea and threw the two opponents together, even though Jae doesn't stand a chance.

Gina Carano was supposed to fight but backed out because of American Gladiators.

This card, which was initially interesting, fell apart in a matter of minutes, and having a card with 9 fights featuring 5 underdog bouts says this is a lousy event. Some of this stuff was out of their control, but some of it most certainly wasn't, which is why Strikeforce probably isn't going to be featured here again.
tap_or_snap
3/29/08 9:07:55AM

Posted by steadymobbin

I wish they'd just drop the May CR card.

Not on your life buddie!!