Say it Ain't So, Royce! Notes on a Scandal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Say it Ain't So, Royce! Notes on a Scandal
aznteabagger
7/17/07 3:04:20PM
Here is the man, lean, lithe, and stoic. In a field of eight, he's a physical anomaly, with shoulders as narrow as his hips; a bulky pair of white pajamas conceals a set of pipe-cleaner arms.

LINK
silverbullet
7/17/07 3:37:30PM
Nice read
SpiderSilva
7/17/07 3:56:14PM
Royce Gracie say it anit so
lilz_gangsta
7/17/07 4:55:17PM
gotta love royce
spikerman19
7/17/07 4:57:08PM
nobody cares
jgtribbett
7/17/07 6:41:02PM
yeah i'm not so concerned about what is going on with him .. but sentimentally interesting
Cobbs666
7/17/07 9:30:26PM
Well i choose to remember the middle east that didnt attack america, but it just doesnt exist anymore, just like the royce gracie that didnt take roids
tommyprairie
7/17/07 10:43:46PM
It is sad that few stars fade away gracefully
gtmercury
7/18/07 10:17:26AM
Hes still my Hero. Id like to see Matt Hughes fight Kimo and Shamrock in one night even at there age today! The man was bad ass
thepunisher
7/18/07 10:20:35AM

Posted by gtmercury

Hes still my Hero. Id like to see Matt Hughes fight Kimo and Shamrock in one night even at there age today! The man was bad ass

I would bet on Hughes to win both of those fights
LHK
7/18/07 1:38:01PM
This was the first time Royce was tested. Who knows if he used before or not. The guy is a whiny punk, always requesting special rules and complaining when things don't go his way. Saku showed him what real heart and a real MMA fighter were (in the first fight). Royce is just a BJJ practicioner who beat hand-selected cans in a an event staged by family members. MMA was around long before UFC anyway (Pancrase, Shooto, many other less known orgs), what is with people giving this classless "fighter" all this credit? Any good fighter would have handed him his ass, like Bas (hell, any K1 or Muay Thai fighter from back then would have destroyed him had they been allowed in UFC).

Royce barely survived Kimo (even with hairpulling and headbutting), I mean come on! Saku battled for 90 min and didn't drop out of a tournament, going on to face IGOR of all people! Now that is a true warrior, not some 1-dimensioanl BJJ punk who is deluded with himself being a legend.