Just want to say

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Just want to say
kingsmasher
10/1/11 3:18:26AM
I love this site really..I really like everones opinions and I know I am not everyones favorite but I really feel like this is a family..

Also in my camp Im gonna start getting rid of guys that are not involved we came from espn and had a good board there...

then we came her and i go back and have never seen trolling on any site like is donw over on the new espn..

I will say anything goes as far as opinions on espn but now the trolling makes it so not interesting and insightful at all...

i read a recent post and someone said Mousasi would beat Jones...if you agree well oh well but thats ridiculous..

this is a great board and I know some think im dumb but I am a die hard and like most people think I know it all..bare with me.. im gettin there...

also as far as fantasy football i wish i had an excuse and thanks for not rubbing it in im 0 - 3....ridiculous
jjeans
10/1/11 3:42:48AM
Kingsmasher I just wanna say before I start this is the first time I've quoted you or replied directly to you, which is rare as the majority of my posts on the board are doing exactly that, you may not have noticed me post a lot but that's cause I'm on my iPhone a lot of the time but I have read a lot of your posts and I know whats going on whether I'm replying or not

And I wanna say you began as quite an outsider and a lot of people saw you as a troll and I won't deny it that I too thought you were. But this site is opinion based, any post is opinion based, and if your opinions differ then people should just get over it.

But some of the stuff you've said recently has saved me from posting at all!

Example:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by nowkissthis

Your Funky Ben is the most boring fighter. Its always a wrestling match with him. Take 'em down and maul them = BORING. Askren is a great wrestler, but MMA is not wrasslin'; learn striking, submissions, Judo throws like Uchimata, Seionage, etc. (not just single & double leg takedowns and then smother the opponent with FUNK). I will watch free MMA, and hope Ben has learned something other than the smother.

Way off base here Funky is always changing position and actually hitting somoene as he controls them...Hes working his stand up at the Roufus camp...

Hes the only guy who could come in and beat GSP with wrasslin!!!

If you get to know me you'll realise I watch my prop post ratio a lot and anybody who's said what I would have said saves me a lot of time and I thank them deep down, I shoulda propped you for that but I think this post is more rewarding than that one.

It takes a lot of courage to step out and view how people view your opinions and yeah you proved me wrong with the troll thing!

I enjoy reading articles from everybody who posts on these boards, and I see your a hardcore fan as you wager a lot of money on MMA, and your on here almost everyday.

Above it all If there wasn't someone going against the pack then surely the world would be a boring place?
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 4:02:01AM
That was wonderful you guys. I need a moment to myself. Something flew in my eyes(sniff, sniff).

Props to you, gentlemen - props.

I need to give away some free props to prop you guys. Where's Fleek? I bet he could use some...
cowcatcher
10/1/11 11:35:24AM
Just in the past week or so you've made some really good posts kingsmasher. I'm not a fan of the trolling and that kind of thing, but we are loosening the reins a bit here, and I think that once you learned how this site works compared to others you've reeled it in quite a bit, and I appreciate that. I don't dislike anyone on these boards as long as they play nice, and this thread has earned you points in my book.
prozacnation1978
10/1/11 11:36:44AM
this mma site is awesome .... regardless of all the times i almost get banned!
FastKnockout
10/1/11 11:58:43AM
I've been one of the members who came down hard on you when you first showed up and I apologize for that. You just had some radical opinions, and our MMA taste is the complete opposite from each other, so of course we butt heads from time to time. But you're not that bad of a guy. Here's hoping we will have more heated MMA debates in the future!

Oh, and WAR RUMBLE!!
prophecy033
10/1/11 12:12:36PM
There are times I don't agree with your posts and I say it, but people should be willing to also show they agree when you have a post they agree on. When I see one I agree with, I tell you as well. And as far a rubbing fantasy football in your face, I could just as easily be 0-3 instead of 3-0. It's not in my nature to kick a man while he's down. You help him up and move on. Plus, you'll have another crack at me later in the season and maybe then Welker won't have a 217 yard day and 2 touchdowns
This does feel like a family. Im, literally, talking to you guys more than my own family. This is the first site I'm on in the morning and the last one I'm on before I go to bed.
And do you remember what I said to you awhile ago Kingsmasher? If we hold back our opinions of eachothers posts, its actually hurting the playground? I meant that. This is a place where all opinions are valid and debatable. If we hold back, its hurting not only ourselves but the playground as a whole. Now that doesn't mean bash eachother as much as possible but it does mean putting thought into what you write and formulate good opinion.
I admire you writing this. I hope you continue to write on these forums. I speak for only myself here but I enjoy reading your stuff, good and bad
prophecy033
10/1/11 12:13:49PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I've never seen anything ban worthy from you...am I missing something?
Budgellism
10/1/11 12:15:17PM
I also came down on you hard and have disregarded some of your previous posts in the past. I've realized lately that I may have jumped the gun on my opinion of you and I'm sorry for that. You mentioned how this site is a family and that is definitely true. Every family fights and every family has some crazy members in it. So to wrap this up, thanks for this thread and keep up the solid posting

Also, who's going to be on the facebook chat tonight?
Poor_Franklin
10/1/11 1:46:29PM
does this mean you're going to stop bashing fedor?

i dont care if you like him or not, but must you always bring him up in threads that are unrelated to him?

i promise we all know how you feel about him so you don't have to keep reminding us

for the record
1. i am not nor never have been a fedor fan/nuthugger.
2. when you aren't trolling, i usually agree w/ you
kopower
10/1/11 1:57:39PM
I admire your willingness to post your thoughts on the playground, no matter how ludicrous they may be. I personally haven't agreed with many of posts, but it makes for good debate. It seems like you're toning it down a notch from when you first joined.

I do agree that the playground does have a family feel to it. I've posted before, that I don't know what I'd do if the site ever shut down. When it was down a few days ago, I felt lost, and aimlessly surfed the net for awhile, before I became frustrated and just shut my computer off.
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 2:24:55PM
I am glad some of you are warming up to this thread. I commend all the posters who have responded. It shows you have compassion and respect for others.

Below is a guideline I try to use when I am on the internet or simply talking to a person in real life. There is much more to this guideline but I have selectively chosen a few key points which address the never ending issues of any mma forum.

Discussion is the method by which adults learn from one another. And as so conceived, it differs quite strikingly from that sort of learning in which an older person teaches a younger person.

Real discussion consists of two or more persons talking to one another, each asking questions, each answering, making remarks and counter-remarks. Such conversation is at its best when the parties to it tend to regard each other as equal. That is the heart of the difference between learning by discussion and learning by instruction. In adult learning by discussion, each party to the discussion is both a teacher and a learner. Just as in the political republic, each citizen is ruler and ruled in turn. In the adult republic of learning, each adult is both teacher and student.

The three "emotional" rules:
1. Keep your emotions in place. That means, keep them out of the argument, for they have no place in the argument.
2. Catch yourself or the other person getting angry. Starting to shout, overemphasizing the point by repeating it again and again, using sarcasm, teasing, getting a laugh on the other person, all these are signs that someone's temper is getting out of hand.
3. If you can't control your emotions, at least beware of the results of emotional disorder. Realize that your emotions can lead you either to say things you don't mean, or stubbornly refuse to admit things you really do see.
Pookie
10/1/11 5:17:30PM
prozacnation1978
10/1/11 10:37:44PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by prozacnation1978

I've never seen anything ban worthy from you...am I missing something?

I proof read a lot more now than I did in the past
I don't intentionally say bad things but I guess it rubs some people the wrong way
Don't know why it aint that bad. I guess people can't have opinions these days
Kpro
10/2/11 12:59:29AM
I've come to understand that when you see things a certain way, no matter what anyone says right or wrong, you're still going to see things your way. So you'll never see me attempt to debate anything with you as I know it'd be an endless circle but at least your not a fence-sitter.

Props for the post. Sometimes it takes posters that come from other sites a while to see that there's really no trolling on the PG and everyone respects each other's opinion whether they agree or not and stays civilized in their discussions. That's why so many of us have been here for half a decade.
KungFuMaster
10/2/11 1:32:41AM

Posted by Kpro

I've come to understand that when you see things a certain way, no matter what anyone says right or wrong, you're still going to see things your way. So you'll never see me attempt to debate anything with you as I know it'd be an endless circle but at least your not a fence-sitter.

Props for the post. Sometimes it takes posters that come from other sites a while to see that there's really no trolling on the PG and everyone respects each other's opinion whether they agree or not and stays civilized in their discussions. That's why so many of us have been here for half a decade.

Then why is it I still get attack for my opinions?

I am never phased by any online attacks but I just wanted to point that out. We have to remember we are from different walks of lives and will see things differently from our own perspectives.

Anyway, I know what you mean. I sometimes refuse to respond to another member while knowing it could turn ugly or into a paradoxical discussion.
Kpro
10/2/11 1:46:54AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Kpro

I am never phased by any online attacks but I just wanted to point that out. We have to remember we are from different walks of lives and will see things differently from our own perspectives.

Anyway, I know what you mean. I sometimes refuse to respond to another member while knowing it could turn ugly or into a paradoxical discussion.

I've never seen anyone attack you on the boards. You are a Kung Fu Master after all. That wouldn't seem to be a smart idea.
Pookie
10/2/11 1:56:39AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Kpro

Dude, i'll tell you straight up. No bullshit, or sugarcoating, or dancing around the topic. Direct, and bluntly. We're just all after your balls man. When we see your typed monologues it inspires a vision of sexyness that can only be approximately understood by visualizing Akiyama in a turquoise sweater, hovering over an erupting volcano on a nimbus cloud. Covered in chocolate syrup. While drinking a Jamba Juice.
Kpro
10/2/11 2:01:00AM

Posted by Pookie

Dude, i'll tell you straight up. No bullshit, or sugarcoating, or dancing around the topic. Direct, and bluntly. We're just all after your balls man. When we see your typed monologues it inspires a vision of sexyness that can only be approximately understood by visualizing Akiyama in a turquoise sweater, while hovering over an erupting volcano on a nimbus cloud.

Can we please keep these comments and erotic feelings where they belong; in The Ringers fight camp forum under the thread "Posters who who may be hotter than Akiyama in a turquoise sweater".
kopower
10/2/11 11:24:06AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

Dude, i'll tell you straight up. No bullshit, or sugarcoating, or dancing around the topic. Direct, and bluntly. We're just all after your balls man. When we see your typed monologues it inspires a vision of sexyness that can only be approximately understood by visualizing Akiyama in a turquoise sweater, while hovering over an erupting volcano on a nimbus cloud.

Can we please keep these comments and erotic feelings where they belong; in The Ringers fight camp forum under the thread "Posters who who may be hotter than Akiyama in a turquoise sweater".

Damn, I'd love a free one day pass into the Ringers fight camp to check that thread out.
KungFuMaster
10/2/11 11:38:36AM
That was quite entertaining, gentlemen.
Drudinh
10/3/11 12:17:41AM
Thanks for the thread you guys. it helped me to put things into perspective more and squash some of the raw feelings/prejudices that I had. I was in the same boat with kopower in feeling lost w/o the playground when the site was down. That was a miserable situation and much worse than simply disagreeing with fellow playgrounders. I would be a sad man w/o this site.
Poor_Franklin
10/3/11 1:21:13AM
when i first joined, i prejudged jjeans bc he had that awful goth kid on his avatar.
(at the time i was unaware of av bets)
i thought he was going to be the guy i would hate the most on this site.

if this wasn't it, it was something very similar. ugh!
emfleek
10/3/11 10:16:24AM

ncordless
10/3/11 12:48:34PM
You guys are soooo cute!!

Seriously though, these forums are for discussion, whether it be agreement or disagreement. The days of being banned for saying things that too many people disagree with are over.

The thing that will still get people in trouble is when they attack the person instead of the position. This can be a little tough, as we are all passionate about mma and therefore are passionate about and identify with our positions. But it isn't that hard to get the hang of. And really, saying why you think someone is wrong is a lot more effective than saying anyone who doesn't think like you is an idiot as far as trying to promote your views.

for all the warm fuzzy in this thread. The playground is awesome because of stuff like this.
ncordless
10/3/11 12:51:37PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Kpro

You don't get attacked for your opinions!!! That is the stupidest opinion I've ever heard in my life!!!!11 How could you think something so ridiculous, n00b.