Saw an advanced screening of the movie 'Warrior'

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Saw an advanced screening of the movie 'Warrior'
TheBlackChip
8/22/11 12:08:53AM
So a week or so ago I saw an advanced screening of the new MMA movie 'Warrior' that will be released September 9th, and I wrote a review for a website about it.

The jist of it.. It was great. Think "The Fighter" with better acting. Seriously, not to be "that guy" but I've been an mma fan since about 1995, and I while I heard they were decent, I never watched 'Red Belt' or 'Never Back Down' because I knew they would most likely have cheesy, unrealistic fight scenes with horrible acting to boot and that it would most likely just be a waste of 2 hours of my life that I would never get back and an insult to the sport I love.

I only went to this because it was free and an "advanced screening". It goes without saying that I was thoroughly impressed, great fight scenes, acting, suspense, story. Some parts were a little inauthentic (they do like a 16 man $5 million dollar tournament with two guys basically off the streets), but all the rest makes up for it. I had my doubts about the realism of the fight scenes, but they were solid, and at one point someone even goes for an authentic omoplata.

Keep this in mind for when it comes out, it's worth seeing. Even for people that aren't MMA fans (your girlfriend). All in all I gave 4/5 stars.

Official Warrior Trailer

Warrior Review
FastKnockout
8/22/11 12:14:21AM
Thanks. I was on the fence about seeing it, although the trailer looks great.
Kpro
8/22/11 1:54:46AM

Posted by TheBlackChip

Even for people that aren't MMA fans (your girlfriend).

A girlfriend that isn't an MMA fan is an ex-girlfriend.

Thanks for the heads up on the movie
warglory
8/22/11 7:35:45AM

Posted by TheBlackChip

So a week or so ago I saw an advanced screening of the new MMA movie 'Warrior' that will be released September 9th, and I wrote a review for a website about it.

The jist of it.. It was great. Think "The Fighter" with better acting. Seriously, not to be "that guy" but I've been an mma fan since about 1995, and I while I heard they were decent, I never watched 'Red Belt' or 'Never Back Down' because I knew they would most likely have cheesy, unrealistic fight scenes with horrible acting to boot and that it would most likely just be a waste of 2 hours of my life that I would never get back and an insult to the sport I love.

I only went to this because it was free and an "advanced screening". It goes without saying that I was thoroughly impressed, great fight scenes, acting, suspense, story. Some parts were a little inauthentic (they do like a 16 man $5 million dollar tournament with two guys basically off the streets), but all the rest makes up for it. I had my doubts about the realism of the fight scenes, but they were solid, and at one point someone even goes for an authentic omoplata.

Keep this in mind for when it comes out, it's worth seeing. Even for people that aren't MMA fans (your girlfriend). All in all I gave 4/5 stars.

Official Warrior Trailer

Warrior Review

The Fighter with better acting? Sorry, I stopped reading after that.
Chael_Sonnen
8/22/11 9:45:04AM
Tom Hardy...aka Charles Bronson =
prophecy033
8/23/11 12:06:56PM
I thought it looked pretty good. Nice twist that its the brothers that end up in the finals. Maybe Kos and Fitch should watch it