Saunders, McCrory, Emerson whos next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Saunders, McCrory, Emerson whos next?
postman
8/12/08 5:17:29PM
With all the threads on who should Brock fight next I figured I would put one out on some guys that won over the weekend who r emore eperienced.

Ben Saunders is now 2-0 in the UFC the J-Roc fight didn't happen will it be his next? I would rather see him fight a little more established fighter he has 2 lower level fighters behind him I think Tamden McCrory would be a great fight to see.

Tamden is 9-1 overall and 2-1 in the UFC his only loss to Gono and wins over Cummo and Spratt I think Tamden is legit and a fight with Saunders would answer allot about both fighters.

Rob Emerson is now 2-0-1 in the UFC 155 class with that lightning fast KO over Manny on Saturday, I see Emerson getting a rematch with Maynard or maybe a shot at Nate Diaz.

What do you guys think?
gsquat
8/12/08 5:23:40PM
Saunders should get Rumble. They'd be good contrast to each other and Ben isn't afraid to trade on the feet.

McCrory should fight Hazelett. They seem to be in the same place right now.

I am still not impressed with Emerson (especially after his inability to finish off a sloth-like Nakamura). He really needs to showcase some skill. Give him to Aurelio, or a rematch with Maynard.
nickcuc547
8/12/08 5:24:02PM
i'd like to see saunders fight chris wilson, mccory fight dustin hazlett and emerson fight either tavares or pellegrino.
bullettdodger
8/12/08 5:35:01PM

Posted by gsquat

Saunders should get Rumble. They'd be good contrast to each other and Ben isn't afraid to trade on the feet.

I am not overly impressed with Emerson. He really needs to showcase some skill. Give him to Aurelio, or a rematch with Maynard.

I think Saunders would get murdered by Johnson for the simple fact that he isn't afraid to trade. I just think Johnson packs too much of a punch for him. I would love to see Emerson against Aurelio or a rematch with Maynard.
gsquat
8/12/08 6:11:00PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by gsquat

I am not overly impressed with Emerson. He really needs to showcase some skill. Give him to Aurelio, or a rematch with Maynard.

I think Saunders would get murdered by Johnson for the simple fact that he isn't afraid to trade. I just think Johnson packs too much of a punch for him. I would love to see Emerson against Aurelio or a rematch with Maynard.

I agree that Saunders would eventually fall to Rumble, but in the 2nd or 3rd.

mrkennedy
8/12/08 6:12:52PM
Saunders:Kevin Burns
Emerson:Matt Wiman
McCrory:Jonathan Goulet
Twenty20Dollars
8/12/08 6:12:53PM
diaz already beat emerson on TUF and why would diaz step down to face emerson.

Ben Saunders vs Matt Arroyo
Tamdam McCrory vs George Sotiropoulos
Rob Emerson vs Alvin Robinson
postman
8/12/08 6:39:52PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

diaz already beat emerson on TUF and why would diaz step down to face emerson.

Ben Saunders vs Matt Arroyo
Tamdam McCrory vs George Sotiropoulos
Rob Emerson vs Alvin Robinson

Yeah I think Diaz would win agian just figured since they fought before and Emerson looks improved makes for interesting fight. Plus if Emerson wins you get a rubber match and those are always good.
Khaos
8/12/08 8:36:48PM
Saunders-Hazzelett
Both going of impressive wins, both well rounded

McCrory-Kopenhaver
I just want to see this fight

Emerson-Clementi
This fight would give Rich the "Name Opponent" he's wanted and it'd be main card most likely the swing bout, and it woud prove if Emerson is a fluke or not.
Jason-plata
8/13/08 6:48:27PM
Diaz vs Emmerson... I think that that would be bad ass...
nickcuc547
8/13/08 8:10:03PM

Posted by Khaos

Saunders-Hazzelett
Both going of impressive wins, both well rounded

McCrory-Kopenhaver
I just want to see this fight

Emerson-Clementi
This fight would give Rich the "Name Opponent" he's wanted and it'd be main card most likely the swing bout, and it woud prove if Emerson is a fluke or not.

i think rich would have his way with emerson, he isn't ready for a savvy veteran like that just yet.
KYGUY07
8/13/08 11:53:30PM
McCrory - he should fight Dustin Hazelett I am so impressed with both of these guys and i think they both could be champions one day.

Saunders - he should go ahead and fight JRoc next i was really wanting to see that fight happen, I think he would beat rollins but it would be an exciting fight.

Emerson - he should fight the winner of the danzig vs guida fight i think either one of them will destroy him, but we could see how good emerson truly is.
Boo_Radley21
8/14/08 1:00:53AM
Emerson should fight Corey Hill again because the first time was a close decision.
Mayhem13
8/14/08 1:10:43AM
Emerson- Heurta
Saudners- Jroc
McRory- Amir