Saturday's UFC on FOX 3 lineup finalized with televised bouts and dark matches

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Saturday's UFC on FOX 3 lineup finalized with televised bouts and dark matches
Budgellism
4/30/12 6:55:49PM
Saturday's UFC on FOX 3 event will feature a mixture of both televised fights and dark matches.

The event, which takes place at IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J., features four main-card bouts on FOX national, six preliminary-card fights on FUEL TV, and two dark matches.

Lightweights Jim Miller and Nate Diaz headline the event.

The UFC occasionally has dark matches that aren't televised or streamed on Facebook. In this case, bantamweights Roland Delorme (7-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) vs. Nick Denis (11-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and middleweights Karlos Vemola (8-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) vs. Mike Massenzio (13-6 MMA, 2-4 UFC) can only been seen in person. The dark matches begin at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT), and FUEL TV prelims begin an hour later.

Then, at 8 p.m. ET, the main card goes live on FOX.

The full UFC on FOX 3 card includes:

MAIN CARD (FOX)
Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller
Johny Hendricks vs. Josh Koscheck
Alan Belcher vs. Rousimar Palhares
Pat Barry vs. Lavar Johnson

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)
Tony Ferguson vs. Michael Johnson
John Dodson vs. Tim Elliott
John Hathaway vs. Pascal Krauss
Louis Gaudinot vs. John Lineker
Danny Castillo vs. John Cholish
Dennis Bermudez vs. Pablo Garza

PRELIMINARY CARD
Roland Delorme vs. Nick Denis
Mike Massenzio vs. Karlos Vemola

LINK
Budgellism
4/30/12 6:57:33PM
WEAK
Poor_Franklin
4/30/12 7:04:08PM

Posted by Budgellism

WEAK

seeing Belcher on FOX will be more than worth it.

Palhares will finish this fight on the ground, but he will not win. Belcher by KO/TKO
Budgellism
4/30/12 7:11:22PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Budgellism

WEAK

seeing Belcher on FOX will be more than worth it.

Palhares will finish this fight on the ground, but he will not win. Belcher by KO/TKO

I'm just disappointed Denis' fight won't be viewable.
KaibaThedon
4/30/12 8:07:32PM
that is freaking terrible... budget as hell, what is the point of dark matches after having a years worth of facebook prelims and stuff.

worst news ever
Sir_Karl
4/30/12 8:58:30PM
The main card is decent enough I suppose but the prelims are pretty beat and the two "dark matches" only makes things worse. Shame on you UFC..you could have done much better.
FastKnockout
4/30/12 9:29:41PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

The main card is decent enough I suppose but the prelims are pretty beat and the two "dark matches" only makes things worse. Shame on you UFC..you could have done much better.

The prelims have some decent fights IMO
Twenty20Dollars
4/30/12 9:52:45PM
I didn't think there was going to be 8 fueltv fights.

Don't know why they can't put those two on facebook. I think they get more viewers on facebook than on fuel.
tallica62
4/30/12 11:17:16PM
this card i decent/good for an MMA fan...but for the general public, it's nothing... for marketing purposes, they need to get the biggest names on the Fox fight imo...i dont care either way cuz it free fight for me
airkerma
5/1/12 9:29:05AM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm just disappointed Denis' fight won't be viewable.

Exactly. What does the UFC accomplish (other than dbagism) by hiding an up and coming prospect? If they're going to drop the darkness on a few fights, at least make them guys who have been around and just keep going up and down, not someone untested who can build up some serious momentum and a fan base.