Saturday's DREAM 1 Fight Card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Saturday's DREAM 1 Fight Card
SmileR
3/13/08 8:38:12PM
DREAM, the upstart fight promotion born out of the former K-1 HERO'S organization with help from former staffers of PRIDE Fighting Championships, has (nearly) finalized its fight card for Saturday's debut show.

The event, which takes place at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, includes the opening round of a lightweight grand prix, as well as the return of former UFC and PRIDE fighter Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic.

The event airs in Japan on the Tokyo Broadcasting System beginning at 7 p.m. JST. The event won't be broadcast in the U.S.

"DREAM 1" is slated to feature a main event between Shinya Aoki (14-2) and Gesias "JZ" Calvancante (14-1-1), two of the 16 lightweights taking part in the grand prix. Ikuhisa Minowa -- who's slated to compete in the night's first bout -- is without an opponent. Additionally, only 14 participants have been announced for the 16-man grand-prix tournament.

The latest card, according to dreamofficial.com, includes:
Shinya Aoki vs. Gesias "JZ" Calvancante
Kultar Gill vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
Andre Amade vs. Eddie Alvarez
Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Yoshihiro Nakao*
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Jung Bu-Kyung
Katsuhiko Nagata vs. Artur Oumakhanov
Luiz Firmino vs. Kazuyuki Miyata
Koutetsu Boku vs. Joachim Hansen
Hidetaka Monma vs Hayato "Mach" Sakurai*
Ikuhisa Minowa vs. TBA*
* -- non-grand prix bout

Thats everything but click here for the site
nickcuc547
3/13/08 8:52:58PM
isnt cro cop fighting somebody else, some no name can.
SmileR
3/13/08 8:57:14PM
Thats the latest news according to mmajunkie. Its been changes so often i don't know anymore!
cmill21
3/13/08 9:01:25PM
Nakao signed with WVR, so now he's fighting the judoka named above.
loller90278
3/13/08 9:18:35PM
wait, dida pulled out?!

shiiiiitttttttty.

CantAndleDaRiddum
3/13/08 9:24:19PM

Posted by loller90278

wait, dida pulled out?!

shiiiiitttttttty.

lol Andre Amade = Dida
mrsmiley
3/13/08 9:31:28PM
You ever notice how the Japanese promotions have weird names,yet they seem to fit so well?

So is their anyway to watch this america?HD net isn't carring it,right?
juanez13
3/13/08 9:38:32PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by loller90278

wait, dida pulled out?!

shiiiiitttttttty.

lol Andre Amade = Dida

Mirko's opponent is now mizuno...lets take a closer look at him

Mizuno carries a 4-2 professional record contested entirely in Pancrase. His two most noteworthy opponents, Thiago Silva (Pictures) and Assuerio Silva (Pictures), dominated him in brutal fashion. However, the Japanese fighter has since picked up two wins, stopping Masayuki Kono (Pictures) in the first round in November and submitting Dave Frendin last month in Australia.
loller90278
3/14/08 4:23:09AM
wow how embarrassing. i wish i could say i was drunk or something but i wasnt, just a brain fart!

CornishMMA
3/14/08 8:54:14AM
LOL at mmajunkie not even knowing about the CC change, that fight was changed days ago ffs

Nice to see Minowa fighting as well
juanez13
3/14/08 9:09:35AM

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL at mmajunkie not even knowing about the CC change, that fight was changed days ago ffs

Nice to see Minowa fighting as well

it'd be nicer if they had found an opponent for him in time, not 2 days before the event

I just Found the picture of the Lightweight GP belts
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1