Sandy leaves death, damp and darkness in wake

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Sandy leaves death, damp and darkness in wake
prophecy033
10/30/12 11:44:12AM
Millions of people from Maine to the Carolinas awoke Tuesday without power, and an eerily quiet New York City was all but closed off by car, train and air as superstorm Sandy steamed inland, still delivering punishing wind and rain.

The full extent of the damage in New Jersey, where the storm roared ashore Monday night with hurricane force, was unclear. Police and fire officials, some with their own departments flooded, fanned out to rescue hundreds.

"We are in the midst of urban search and rescue. Our teams are moving as fast as they can," Gov. Chris Christie said. "The devastation on the Jersey Shore is some of the worst we've ever seen. The cost of the storm is incalculable at this point."

Link
prophecy033
10/30/12 11:47:27AM
First and foremost, i wanna say that i hope all you east coast playgrounders are safe and unharmed. I hope that you and your famikies found a safe olace to stay.

I feel everyone that has been effected by this. I couldn't imagine what they are all going through. You're all in my thoughts
prophecy033
10/30/12 11:53:00AM
Shawn91111, DTM and Scoozna.....you guys all good?

If i forgot anyone in that area, im sorry. If you're from the area post in here and let us all know you're safe
Bubbles
10/30/12 12:19:40PM
We haven't had much over here. The winds weren't even that strong, it's more like a normal rainfall than anything. Some airlines landed here in Hamilton which then bused the people to the proper airports as I guess the skies were calmer here.

I'm only a quick plan ride or a ~8h drive away from NYC/Manhattan so I'm not that far away, but clearly no where near where the storm actually hit. I do hope everyone is safe
airkerma
10/30/12 1:14:36PM
Snowing here in Ohio...but business trip flights all over the east coast are canceled
emfleek
10/30/12 2:13:26PM
Spoke with DTM briefly via text this morning - he's fine but will be without power today.
prophecy033
10/30/12 2:27:40PM

Posted by emfleek

Spoke with DTM briefly via text this morning - he's fine but will be without power today.

Thanks for the update Fleek