The sandman...The Spiders Toughet Test

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The sandman...The Spiders Toughet Test
Next Page »
POLL: who wins?
James by tko 15% (10)
Anderson by KO 43% (28)
Anderson by tko 38% (25)
James by Decision 0% (0)
Anderson by Sub 3% (2)
Anderson by Decision 0% (0)
joshryanshepherd
7/7/08 2:32:12PM
Their are some people that think James isn't a very big obstacle in Anderson's way. i disagree....i have always thought that James hasn't gotten much respect in the 205 division. i cant really say that he will beat Anderson but i think he will put up a hell of a fight. maybe pulling this fight to a decision.

my final prediction on this would be Anderson by 3rd rd TKO!!!
TWITA
7/7/08 2:36:06PM
Silva - KO - Round 1
MoJoy
7/7/08 2:46:47PM
Irvin has never beaten an A level fighter. Most of his notable wins, he was losing and got a big shot in. His style of fighting is terrible against Anderson. Hes not a guy who will rounds or is very versatile. He is a guy looking to explode with a single shot, look at all of his fights. He wont be able to touch Anderson, and will get knocked out. Its only a matter of when. I say Anderson Round 1 KO.
cowcatcher
7/7/08 2:52:48PM
the reason irvin gets little respect: his striking is as sloppy as the old chick goatses was posting on here after saturdays fights ended.(anyone who saw that knows what im talking about {shudders})
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/7/08 2:56:50PM

Posted by cowcatcher

the reason irvin gets little respect: his striking is as sloppy as the old chick goatses was posting on here after saturdays fights ended.(anyone who saw that knows what im talking about {shudders})

let's try to forget that

PLEASE
papercut
7/7/08 3:03:24PM
I would like to see james irvin take it to a decision but I see this ending late in the second by (T)KO for the spider.
mk1630
7/7/08 3:43:23PM
He doesnt get much respect in a stacked division because he is only 4-3 in the UFC, just over .500 against sub-par opponents. The only good fighter that he fought, Thiago Silva, he lost to. He was getting dominated against Cane but then Cane went and got himself dq'd. Not hating on the guy, but he is nowhere near Rich Franklin or Hendo, who was his toughest test. This will be another easy fight for Silva.
Jason-plata
7/7/08 3:46:26PM
I like Anderson alot. I feel that he has been where he is at for a long while now. Everyone has had alot of time to evaluate all aspects of Andersons game. I almost always love the underdog fighters cause they are the ones who are working harder, training harder and striving to suceed. I am almost positive that Anderson will get the win in round 2 by TKO, but my pick will be The Sandman by TKO in the 1st.
sammyd1213
7/7/08 3:50:11PM
Dangerous fight for Anderson...I wont be suprised if Irvin wins..
hippysmacker
7/7/08 3:57:03PM
No disrespect to Irvin, but I don't think even if he was a heavyweight he would last long against Anderson. This is the equivalent of a Luke Cummo( and I like Luke too ) fighting a BJ Penn in my book. Just way different skill and toughness levels IMO.
hotrodttt
7/7/08 4:17:24PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Yeah he swings really wildly which leads to him being Knocked Out in the case of his Fight with Mike Kyle
jawbreaker517
7/7/08 6:47:25PM
Usually i'd say its a fight and anything can happen, but silva will never get beat by a b-level fighter like irvin. Big deal, he knocked out alexander. hes not technical whatsoever.
eyeforeigneye
7/7/08 7:39:09PM
Anderson Silva would say it best himself in standard interview fashion..

Silva - (calmly and completely peaceful) "moosh moosh.. moosh moosh moosh moosha moosh.."
Translation - "i will shit in James Irvin's dinner and make him eat it while i'm removing my knee from his chest. Rich Franklin is a true warrior and is a better fighter then everyone combined, i love you Rich"

i mean seriously, Anderson was about to cry after beating Rich for the 2nd time.. never have i seen someone so upset about kicking someone's ass.

anyways, yea... no chance for Irvin. maybe he'll fake a knee injury again like he did with Thiago so he wont be so embarrassed at the end of the fight?
RandyCouture
7/8/08 1:37:23AM
Henderson and Franklin would both beat the sandman at 205 this is a weak match but i guess he has a shot for a big punch thats all.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 1:54:03AM

Posted by eyeforeigneye
i mean seriously, Anderson was about to cry after beating Rich for the 2nd time.. never have i seen someone so upset about kicking someone's ass.

You got that right.
Purge
7/8/08 8:22:36AM
I see Anderson having too many advantages

Power - equal (Rich said being in the clinch with Anderson, is like being in the clinch with Sylvia)

skill - Anderson

Grappling - Anderson

Wrestling - probably Irvin, but then again Henderson wasn't very successfull either.

speed - Anderson, Irvin's not quite as fluid in movement

size - Irvin, but not by as much as people think, Anderson cuts from 215 usually, but now im guessing he will cut from 225.

basically 3 big advantages to Anderson and 2 small ones to Irvin.

Also Anderson has said in interviews, that he only trains with bigger guys, so we will see what happens.

If I am wrong please correct me with this.
lance70301
7/8/08 10:26:04AM

Posted by cowcatcher

LOL...what happen to old goatses?..did he get banned?
lance70301
7/8/08 10:29:08AM

Posted by sammyd1213

Dangerous fight for Anderson...I wont be suprised if Irvin wins..

I know everyone has a punchers' chance, but Andersons' striking is supperb., He has proved he has a great groundgame. I don't see this lasting longer than the middle of the 2nd round.
Also this is my 100th post.
bigbubbano23
7/8/08 9:05:35PM
irvin is nowhere near as good as dan henderson, and we have seen what happened there. just because he fights in a bigger weight class dosn't mean he's superb.
Purge
7/8/08 9:23:21PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

irvin is nowhere near as good as dan henderson, and we have seen what happened there. just because he fights in a bigger weight class dosn't mean he's superb.

Also Irvin had a fight with Doug Marshall and struggled, it was a few years back, but still he hasn't improved all that much since then.
sammyd1213
7/8/08 9:40:10PM
I favor Anderson, but wont be suprised if Irvin pulls out the win.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/8/08 9:47:33PM
sand man will be put to sleep within 2 rounds. If james can make it to a decision , thats a win in my books.
Pitbull09
7/8/08 11:35:20PM
Seriously there is no reason to be on this site when drunk. What was i thinking.
Purge
7/9/08 5:00:07PM
Hmmm, I just realized that while on paper Anderson should take this, mentality might be the x-factor and Irvin seems very confident.

http://www.mmaroot.com/james-irvin-says-im-going-to-beat-anderson-silva-in-the-clinch/
RSH
7/9/08 11:12:50PM
Anderson 1st KO...
Just don't see Irvin leaving this alive...

Only chance I see for him is if Silva isn't mentally in it since his mother died. But that has been like a month ago and I think he will be ready, so buh-bye Irvin.
mrkennedy
7/9/08 11:46:17PM
What about hendo,franklin,okami and even marquardt(IMO)is better than irvin
Purge
7/10/08 6:25:31AM

Posted by mrkennedy

What about hendo,franklin,okami and even marquardt(IMO)is better than irvin

yes but not nearly as big, Irvin used to regularly fight at heavyweight, at about 235 pounds.
Scott_Revels
7/10/08 5:35:21PM

Posted by TWITA

Silva - KO - Round 1

This is the most logical choice. Silva hardly ever goes out of the first round, and Irvin isn't better than Franklin.
Kracker_Jap
7/11/08 8:35:07PM
Positive things about the Sandman that fight fans of Silva should respect

1. He will be one of the Biggest Strongest fighters Silva has faced

2. He has more than one way to KO his apponents in a surprising fashion

3. He has been very respectful and humble concerning the prefight hype

4. He is 1 of 5 people to accept this fight

5 He is not afraid of Anderson

IMO Henderson has been the tuffest test for Anderson to date But I think the Sandman has way more potential at shocking the MMA world
KYGUY07
7/11/08 9:07:00PM
Silva by k.o. but I wouldnt count Irvin out
Pages: [1] 2