Sanchez out, Koscheck in vs Thiago Alves @ UFC 90

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sanchez out, Koscheck in vs Thiago Alves @ UFC 90
ufc88
10/13/08 8:19:56PM
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/13/08 8:30:08PM
YES!!!! THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER!!

KOSCHECK FTW!
Pookie
10/13/08 9:19:03PM
This went from a really easy match-up for thiago to a very bad one.

Thiago had good enough takedown defense to keep the fight standing with Diego, but koscheck has some ridiculous takedowns when hes at his A-Game. And as long as he can consistently bring the fight to the ground i could see him convincingly winning a decision.
jiujitsufreak74
10/13/08 9:37:53PM

Posted by Pookie

This went from a really easy match-up for thiago to a very bad one.

Thiago had good enough takedown defense to keep the fight standing with Diego, but koscheck has some ridiculous takedowns when hes at his A-Game. And as long as he can consistently bring the fight to the ground i could see him convincingly winning a decision.

i am with you 100%. Thiago was in position to sprawl his way to another TKO victor, but with Kos i think he won't be able to handle the TD ability. Kos GnPs his way to 10 points in every round for a UD. good luck Thiago
HENDO915
10/13/08 9:39:28PM
I was looking foward to that fight but man does the UFC deliver, this fight is going to be 10 times as good this will be a great fight
Twenty20Dollars
10/13/08 11:13:21PM
I was looking forward to diego givin alves a beating.

But now that kos is fighting and he always has that powerhouse wrestling. I think kos will strike for a bit and then alves will hit him and then kos goes to the wrestling and wins a decision or maybe a tko depending on how both guys ground games are.
haggiswashere
10/14/08 1:37:35AM
I think thiago will be fine. Matt Hughes seemed to have better takedowns versus GSP then Koscheck did so i think Alves will be able to handle the takedowns better than you guys are saying. He was fine against hughes.
jiujitsufreak74
10/14/08 1:41:23AM

Posted by haggiswashere

I think thiago will be fine. Matt Hughes seemed to have better takedowns versus GSP then Koscheck did so i think Alves will be able to handle the takedowns better than you guys are saying. He was fine against hughes.

Matt Hughes dominated him for the whole first round and held him down for pretty much the entire 5 minutes. he just got caught in the 2nd and went to sleep. Thiago is gonna have his hands full as, unlike Hughes, Kos is continuously getting better.
haggiswashere
10/14/08 1:49:59AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by haggiswashere

Matt Hughes dominated him for the whole first round and held him down for pretty much the entire 5 minutes. he just got caught in the 2nd and went to sleep. Thiago is gonna have his hands full as, unlike Hughes, Kos is continuously getting better.

well put buddy. i dunno i just think alves isn't as big of an underdog as you guys think. Alves is a tough kid. He has just as impressive resume as kos imo. i could see him do better versus GSP then Kos. and i like fighters who actually finish fights.
mkiv9secsupra
10/14/08 6:20:02PM
I think Alves' striking is overrated. He beat two guys with very limited striking and was instantly given the title best stiker in the division. Spencer Fisher, a very small WW, was outstirking Alves without a problem. Kos has been impoving his striking by leaps and bounds everytime we see him. I think Kos can probably hang with Alves on the feet and is going to absolutely dominate Thiago on the ground where the majority of the fight will take place. Kos by UD.
fullerene
10/15/08 8:35:24AM
I'm sure this isn't completely fair, but I automatically assume that Fitch and Koschek will have the same types of results against the same types of opponents. With that in mind, I think Koschek dominates with takedowns.
keith-hackney1
10/15/08 11:58:35AM
Kos will finish alves, you wait, his wrestling, with his g&p is through the roof, he'll batter alves.