Sanchez vs Koscheck

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sanchez vs Koscheck
Gladiator
1/28/07 7:01:43PM
I'm curious what people think about this fight. Will it be another close decision fight, or will sanchez annihilate? they've both improved since the show and im not completely convinced this will be an easy fight for sanchez.
crimethinc
1/28/07 7:37:59PM
I could see this fight easily going to decision. Both have evolved a lot since TUF and Diego has locked himself in for title contention. He's had, I think, five fights since TUF and while everyone just remembers him KOing Riggs 3 of the 5 have gone the whole way (Diaz, Parisyan, Alessio). Koschek has had A few 1st round subs, a couple decisions and his first official loss since TUF. I don't anticipate either of these two submitting each other so unless they switch it up and bang for a KO I predict decision.
waylon_o
1/28/07 9:37:30PM
I'm pulling for Sanchez on this one. Koshchek has improved and I think he's going to improve anymore, but I think Sanchez is gonna wear him out.
the-james
1/28/07 10:11:56PM
Dieg takes this one i think,,hes improved his game alot at greg jackson's mma training with guys like rashad and KJ, KOS is at a good camp too but i dont think he has the skills to trade with diego, the only way i see koscheck winning is by lay and pray but i dont think its going to happen, Diego by tko third round
cam8528
1/28/07 10:17:01PM
Either way, this will be an interesting fight. I will bet on Sanchez, but would not be surprised to see Kos take it. This is Sanchez's year to get his first loss. It may not be Kos, but GSP will make it happen. Can't wait...
hippysmacker
1/28/07 11:25:22PM
Good wrestler's can frustrate anybody, but I'll take Diego by sub.
JimiMak
1/29/07 12:02:31AM
Should be better than a lot of people expect. I think it will go to decision, I think Dieago will take it, either split or unanimous. Not just cuz he's diego, I think he's that much better. To reallly hang @ that weight it takes a lot, and I see Diego like BJ- maybe never #1 (again in bj's case) but definitely a top contender. Kos, I think, will show that with a little more work he could be in the same class (or maybe already is) but there's just certain fighter's you may never get past. Diego could be considered top 3 and is definitely top 5. Kos I don't think will ever be better than 5th tops. Maybe if Pride ever opens an equal division he could rule the roost to start.
JimiMak
1/29/07 12:04:51AM
Should be better than a lot of people expect. I think it will go to decision, I think Dieago will take it, either split or unanimous. Not just cuz he's diego, I think he's that much better. To reallly hang @ that weight it takes a lot, and I see Diego like BJ- maybe never #1 (again in bj's case) but definitely a top contender. Kos, I think, will show that with a little more work he could be in the same class (or maybe already is) but there's just certain fighter's you may never get past. Diego could be considered top 3 and is definitely top 5. Kos I don't think will ever be better than 5th tops. Maybe if Pride ever opens an equal division he could rule the roost to start.

I hope I didn't just double post this, but I think so-- sorry.
ElGuApO91
1/29/07 12:52:16AM
diego by gnp
Stickan
1/29/07 1:52:21AM
Similar styles except Kos has way better wrestling and Diego waaaay better JJ...

I too would have to say Diego by submission ... prob in the 3rd round when they're both banged up and tired.
aceprone
1/29/07 2:17:30AM
In a fight with Diego and Kos, Kos is a fool to be underestimating Deigo. Sure Kos is a strong wrestler, but I think Diego will be able to nutrualize Kos, and Kos is going to get frustrated and mentally break down in the fight because of Diego's pace. I tihnk Diego would finish Kos by third round.
ac_gi
1/29/07 3:01:29AM
I hope Josh can pull it out, but I'm sure that Sanchez will get a sub or KO.
maxvoid
1/29/07 1:54:44PM
Diego will win this one without a doubt.... Kos talks a big game but Diego is too much for him.... Kos will be lucky if the fight goes the distance...
Jeffanori-Gomi
1/29/07 1:57:29PM
umm....anyone see them fight in TUFF????

The last kos fight his striking was unimpressive and he was getting the worst of the standup, his take-downs are unreal though but diego owned Karo and his Judo throws are really good. I really dont see Kos taking this fight at all.

SANCHEZ BY REF STOPPAGE
Hwarang
1/29/07 4:39:48PM
i think Sanchez will beat him
the-james
1/31/07 10:43:15PM
If sanchez works on his sprawl hes got this in the bag but if kos can take him down at will he might lay on top of him for 3 rounds and win a decision.
gspfan31
1/31/07 11:13:36PM
i see it going the same as thier first fight, kos has improved but so has diego
roadking95th
2/1/07 12:52:03AM
I agree that Snachez will win this one. His stand up is better and Kos doesn't have enough firepower on the ground yet.

If Kos can keep it even on his feet he has a chance. Kos's chances greatly increase as his GnP does.

His wrestling is already good enough to neutralize Sanchez's ground game. So basically, for me, the fight comes down to Sanchez's stand up vs. Kos' GnP. As of now, Sanchez wins this fight.
Sinical
2/1/07 1:11:28AM
Diego by brutal GNP

or a slick sub
shawneth
2/1/07 10:56:16AM
I think we are gonna see Sanchez on his back alot for the first time... but as far as im concerned Koscheck wont be able to do any damage and thus getting submitted or reversed and pounded out. We seen it in the Karo vs Diego fight, Diego has some great reversals. As far as who im cheering for... meh, i really dont care for either of them. Still an interesting fight though.
madmarck
2/5/07 10:06:02AM
KOS by KO
This fight will be a war full of Bombs and Slams.
BabbyHughes
2/5/07 10:34:33AM

In a fight with Diego and Kos, Kos is a fool to be underestimating Deigo. Sure Kos is a strong wrestler, but I think Diego will be able to nutrualize Kos, and Kos is going to get frustrated and mentally break down in the fight because of Diego's pace. I tihnk Diego would finish Kos by third round

I agree, but I think it will be a 2nd round submission by Diego. Sick Ju Jitsu.