How long can Sanchez avoid the high kick

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How long can Sanchez avoid the high kick
GNP4LYFE
2/1/07 9:40:07PM
I'd imagine he's putting a lot of time into his H/L kick defense

How long till CroZilla catches him with the high?
cowcatcher
2/1/07 9:42:18PM
under 15 mins
ElGuApO91
2/1/07 9:45:31PM
he wont really be avoiding it cro cop will be waiting for the right time to throw it he is very good at picking a good time. he might throw a few deadly body kicks and then when sanchez expects a body kick headshot. like cro cop vs wanderlei
hippysmacker
2/1/07 9:53:59PM

Posted by ElGuApO91

he wont really be avoiding it cro cop will be waiting for the right time to throw it he is very good at picking a good time. he might throw a few deadly body kicks and then when sanchez expects a body kick headshot. like cro cop vs wanderlei

Agreed, it's just as likely he chop's down his legs and punche's him, Also, a liver kick ( ala Herring) followed by punches
Reignofterror
2/1/07 9:54:09PM
For a second I thought this thread was about Diego Sanchez.

I say first second round until Crocop can start to wear Sanchez down where he lands his kicks. If not a high kick victory im smelling brutal leg kicks.
gspfan31
2/1/07 10:01:09PM
for some reason i see the fight ending from a liver kick or punches
aceprone
2/1/07 11:38:28PM
After watching Eddie Sanchez last fight from Hughes Penn card, if he keeps the stance he had in that fight, he isn't going to last long. Hunched over with his head exposed, not a good combination when fighting Cro Cop.
Rampage_Soldier
2/1/07 11:59:28PM
Most of Mirko's LHK victims think he' s either going low or middle then they get ktfo. Eddie should be able to avoid any high kicks until at least R2.
DoTheMMAth
2/2/07 1:43:49AM
Did any of you guys listen to Eddie talking on Sherdog radio this week? Don't get me wrong, I expect him to lose and become CC highlite reel fodder, but he was a pretty cool bloke on the show. I'd probably be an angry bastard if everyone on the planet was talking about me getting my head kicked into the upper decks of the stands, but he takes it all pretty well and did a decent interview. He's already earned some respect from me, but if he makes it to round 2 of the fight with one of the world's top strikers I'll respect him even more. Like the UFC marketing hype department has promoted, he's got nothing to lose... I'd probably fall out of my seat, but imagine the utter uproar if he landed his solid right hand on CC and somehow won, Randleman 2.0 style
gspfan31
2/2/07 1:50:12AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Did any of you guys listen to Eddie talking on Sherdog radio this week? Don't get me wrong, I expect him to lose and become CC highlite reel fodder, but he was a pretty cool bloke on the show. I'd probably be an angry bastard if everyone on the planet was talking about me getting my head kicked into the upper decks of the stands, but he takes it all pretty well and did a decent interview. He's already earned some respect from me, but if he makes it to round 2 of the fight with one of the world's top strikers I'll respect him even more. Like the UFC marketing hype department has promoted, he's got nothing to lose... I'd probably fall out of my seat, but imagine the utter uproar if he landed his solid right hand on CC and somehow won, Randleman 2.0 style

anybody who has the balls to step in the cage with cro cop gets a ton of respect in my book
DoTheMMAth
2/2/07 1:53:09AM
Yep, hard to not respect that. Plus the guy is only 24 !! He's 2 years younger than me and is fighting fuggin' Mirco CroCop!! I can't imagine being in his shoes right now.
Stickan
2/2/07 9:39:15AM
I think Sanchez will spoil the high kick KO that everybody expects.
He'll knocked out by punches or possibly by kicks to the body.
scoozna
2/2/07 9:58:51AM
You got it...
I'll be rooting for a second round just for the sheer amazement of it, not that I think the end result will be any different.

pv3Hpv3p
2/2/07 10:09:46AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ElGuApO91

Agreed, it's just as likely he chop's down his legs and punche's him, Also, a liver kick ( ala Herring) followed by punches

It's unbelievable that a guy with his skill can have so much patience... He is not the type to throw kicks and punches in large numbers playing the odds game, and thinking one will hit sooner or later...

He's quick, strong, accurate, and very patient... Deadly F**kin combination.

Props to Eddie for stepping up... 24 y / o? Just to think of me in there with CC less than two years ago, I can't fathom it... Best of luck to you, Eddie.
allevil86
2/2/07 11:26:59AM
First round i see alot of leg and body kicks. by the second he'll have his hands lower to block them and then lhk outta the park.
loller90278
2/2/07 1:26:27PM
i'll bet anyone money crocops not gonna win by LHK, its gonna be by G&P or strikes
tffdwg38
2/2/07 2:18:34PM
i bet a body kick ends his night early
AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT
GladE8R
2/2/07 4:32:57PM
Leg kicks....Missed High kick....Overhand Right....KO