Give Sam Stout another stand-up fighter please!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Give Sam Stout another stand-up fighter please!
ufc88
5/7/08 2:49:28AM
give the guy a chance his last two ufc opponents have been grapplers. If Melvin Guillard beats Dennis Siver give Stout Guillard. Or when Nate Mohr recovers from that knee injury from manny put him in with stout.
that guy can take a punch like no other
ocho-cinco
5/7/08 3:07:13AM

Posted by ufc88

give the guy a chance his last two ufc opponents have been grapplers. If Melvin Guillard beats Dennis Siver give Stout Guillard. Or when Nate Mohr recovers from that knee injury from manny put him in with stout.
that guy can take a punch like no other

bullettdodger
5/7/08 3:13:02AM
Really was pulling for him against Clementi
EON
5/7/08 5:43:09AM
I thought the venue would have gotten him a win like at UFC 75
Broknmunky
5/7/08 9:05:12AM
I agree. I'd like to see him in a stand-up war or in another Stout/Fisher type of fight.
Twenty20Dollars
5/7/08 9:06:37AM
Or how about stout gets with the time and becomes a well rounded fighter and get some take down defense.
Bonus-Jonas
5/7/08 11:02:55AM
I agree that a Stout/Fisher type fight would be great, but then again, the UFC is not going to cater to his fighting style. Hopefully this loss will motivate him to work more on his ground game.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/7/08 12:03:13PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Or how about stout gets with the time and becomes a well rounded fighter and get some take down defense.

now thats not fair to all the other well rounded fighters now is it?
Twenty20Dollars
5/7/08 1:07:29PM
what im saying is, stout needs to work on his takedown defense and ground game. instead of just hoping that stout gets an opponent that will stand with him thats too risky.
coldchillin
5/7/08 1:49:50PM
I would love to see a fight with him and Guillard. I have a feeling that Melvin would knock him out though.
DevonFoxy
5/7/08 3:27:21PM
See this is what I love and im not trying to point the finger at anyone its just what i seem to see. When a guy is pure stand up and no ground game he is often given a pass because he fits the worlds perspective of "exciting" But you get a guy like Josh Koscheck who when he came in was pretty much one dimensional and was a wrestler and considered "boring" he gets unmercifully bashed over and over and over again.

No saying either is right but im just saying I don't think its fair to bash either fighter just because one is looking to keep the fight standing while the other is looking for a slam and then control. Just my two cents. I used to be a wrestler and find wrestlers incredibly exciting to watch so i don't mind either, lets call it pedigree just kind of funny thats how it works sometimes.

tylerlee123
5/7/08 3:40:27PM
Stout should get another chance for sure, the match with Mohr would be interesting , as well as Guillard if he can get past Siver, Grice or Omigawa wouldn't be bad either
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/7/08 4:05:02PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

now thats not fair to all the other well rounded fighters now is it?

major sarcasm if u cant tell
Pookie
5/7/08 4:45:11PM
Id like to see
Stout vs. Huerta
EON
5/7/08 5:18:24PM

Posted by coldchillin

I would love to see a fight with him and Guillard. I have a feeling that Melvin would knock him out though.

Stout has the best chin at 155, almost no chance of this happening if Fisher couldnt do it.
Pookie
5/7/08 6:50:20PM

Posted by EON

Posted by coldchillin

Stout has the best chin at 155, almost no chance of this happening if Fisher couldnt do it.

Not the best chin at 155, i wouldnt put him in front of BJ, Gomi, or Sherk just because he only got a little bit messed up by spencer fisher.
EON
5/7/08 7:30:08PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by EON

Posted by coldchillin

Not the best chin at 155, i wouldnt put him in front of BJ, Gomi, or Sherk just because he only got a little bit messed up by spencer fisher.

Valid, I forgot about BJ, I always think of him as a 170 pounder, Im not a big fan of Sherks chin, if Hermes had a better killer instinct he would have put Sherk away after that brutal knee in the 2nd or 3rd round.

But seriously Sam took more shots from Fisher in 2 fights than Ive ever seen any of those choices take in any 2 fights, not a good thing tho, Sam needs better head movement / overall movement
coldchillin
5/8/08 10:35:00PM
I would say that Guillard punches harder than Fisher... Fisher has better overall skills of course but I think Guillard packs more power in his punches. If Stout allowed Guillard as many free shots that he let Fisher hit him with, I think Guillard would finish him.