Sam Stout vs. Spencer Fisher UFN 10

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sam Stout vs. Spencer Fisher UFN 10
JBatch
4/26/07 12:03:06PM
This is the first UFN 10 bout scheduled and it looks like a great one. source mmaweekly.com

This also means we have two free shows on the 9th (UFN 10) and 23rd (TUF finale) of June and a possible free PPV on June 16th in Ireland. Looks to be like another month like we just had.

UFC.com just added Scott Smith vs. Ed Herman to UFC 72 in Ireland.
tepid55
4/26/07 3:46:58PM
Spencer Fisher will be prepared this time.
hippysmacker
4/26/07 3:54:21PM
Definitely looking forward to this
rcg916
4/26/07 4:01:03PM
thanks for the info! WAR SCOTT SMITH!!!
(im from Sac, hes the hometown boy if you think Faber's a punk... And I do.
)
xthe_scottx
4/26/07 5:16:51PM
I saw this on MMA weekly earlier. Fisher vs Stout should be a great fight. Smith vs Herman is a good fight too, though I don't know who to pick.
OchoCinco
4/26/07 5:42:56PM
Definately a fight i'm looking forward to.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/26/07 5:47:42PM
i think this is a bad match-up for Fisher........Stout is the superior striker,and thats exactly what this fight will be...a kickboxing match

Stout.......Unanimous
xthe_scottx
4/26/07 6:41:46PM
Another bout that is rumored to happen:

Jon Fitch vs Roan Carneiro
hippysmacker
4/26/07 8:05:44PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i think this is a bad match-up for Fisher........Stout is the superior striker,and thats exactly what this fight will be...a kickboxing match

Stout.......Unanimous

When they fought the first time Fisher was a 3 day injury replacement, and had to cut 20 lbs, because he wasn't training. He still only lost a close split decision, and it looked like he just ran out of gas in the 3rd. I'll take a ready Fisher in this one
loller90278
4/27/07 2:21:24AM
ill watch it if jon fitch is confirmed.. the rest of the card seems like a yawn-fest
Chec22
4/27/07 12:06:08PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Stout.......Unanimous

When they fought the first time Fisher was a 3 day injury replacement, and had to cut 20 lbs, because he wasn't training. He still only lost a close split decision, and it looked like he just ran out of gas in the 3rd. I'll take a ready Fisher in this one

I agree. The first match would have been Fishers with proper 155lbs prep time. If Stout has worked on his ground game and came up with better take down defense Fisher will just have to work a little more. Fisher via submission in the 2nd.
Mayo
4/27/07 1:15:03PM
Their first fight was amazing. I can't wait for this rematch and I think Fisher is going to take it. I wish we could be on this.
methodman_90
4/27/07 1:53:35PM
Im glad Stout is being brought back into the UFC. There are alot of great matchups for him in the UFC lw division. Fisher will have more than a few days notice this time and its good that a rematch is happening between 2 lesser known guys seeing as its usually only big names who have rematches
pv3Hpv3p
4/27/07 3:48:59PM

Posted by loller90278

ill watch it if jon fitch is confirmed.. the rest of the card seems like a yawn-fest

Is there a rumor on who his opponent might be?
xthe_scottx
4/27/07 4:15:52PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by loller90278

Is there a rumor on who his opponent might be?

Roan Carneiro.

Sam_Rothstein
4/27/07 7:13:33PM
spencer fisher is a really good striker, and he looked like he was dominating his fight against hermes franca untill franca connected that wild ass punch that knocked the stuffing out of spencer

i think he will beat sam stout and prove to everyone why he is the king
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/27/07 8:34:42PM
My training partners were on an undercard with Sam Stout being the main event in 2005.

He won via decision against an amature who came out of retirement with 4 weeks notice to fight.

From that performance I gotta go with Fisher but im rootin for Sam
DevMahon
4/28/07 2:51:07AM
UFC 72 is going to be on free TV? Is that something that's confirmed, or is it just a rumor? Moving on. . .

I have to say, I'd like to see Sam Stout back in the UFC. He has good hands, and, if one of his fights since he left the UFC is any indication, he's been working on his submission game, too. I'm not sure why they're throwing him back to Fisher, though. This guy just can't seem to get an easy fight in the UFC.
JBatch
4/28/07 3:27:22AM

Posted by DevMahon

UFC 72 is going to be on free TV? Is that something that's confirmed, or is it just a rumor? Moving on. . .

I have to say, I'd like to see Sam Stout back in the UFC. He has good hands, and, if one of his fights since he left the UFC is any indication, he's been working on his submission game, too. I'm not sure why they're throwing him back to Fisher, though. This guy just can't seem to get an easy fight in the UFC.

From what I have heard so far it is free. And Stout can't buy an easy fight and Hominick gets shafted by the UFC. I hope the Tompkins boys like Hominick takes the WEC belt and Horedecki keeps tearing it up in the IFL.
JBatch
4/29/07 2:45:08AM
Newest rumour floating around is that Diego Sanchez vs. Thiago Alves (fresh off suspension) will be headlining UFN 10.

In my opinion that would be a wicked fight. With KO/TKO ending writen all over it.
xthe_scottx
4/29/07 2:55:49AM
I'm pretty sure Hominick chose to fight in the WEC, not the UFC, because he is 145 and would have problems with quite a few guys at 155. Also, the only place I've heard about Sanchez vs Alves is on the Sherdog forums, do you know the source?
methodman_90
4/30/07 2:51:10PM
Yeh I heard Sanchez vs. Alves being rumoured but nothing confirmed. Its a risky and tough fight for Sanchez and there is a chance that he could lose 2 in a row
Sam_Rothstein
5/8/07 5:02:39PM
i dunno maybe diego just needed to lose one so he could finally stop playing it safe and not worry about keeping his unbeaten streak a live

but then something makes me think that if he cant strike with josh koshcheck then theres no chance he could strike with alves
AdamG
5/9/07 2:51:41PM

Posted by DevMahon

UFC 72 is going to be on free TV? Is that something that's confirmed, or is it just a rumor?

This card should be free, if Okami hadn't gotten the nod to fight Franklin, I wouldn't have even watched UFC72, much less paid for it.

Fischer v. Stout should be a great fight. Last time, Stout seemed to have the defense to stop a sub, but he couldn't free himself. Let's hope he's worked on his escapes. I'm taking Fischer via TKO in rnd 3.
Trapt1nw0nder
5/10/07 3:31:33PM
im sure Stout has gotten better himself...and i think he will make easy work of Fisher this time.....Fisher is no Kenny Florian
johny_rotten
5/10/07 6:40:20PM
It was just anounced on UFC.com that a teacher at my GYM, Tamden McCory will be making his UFC debut against Pete Spratt. I am very excited for that fight. Fisher and Stout will be good, but this is another lack luster UFN.
Ultimate_fighter
5/13/07 7:40:48PM
Yea, cant wait till that night, i think stout second round ko