salmon-schafer

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » salmon-schafer
JunCTion
4/13/07 10:16:33AM
what do you guys think about salmon-schafer? on paper it looks so even.

last 5 fights
salmon - 3-2 (3 subs-1ko,1sub) 6 of 9 wins by sub, all 11 fights in last 2 years

schafer - 4-1 (4 subs -1 ko) 5 of 7 wins by sub, only 5 fights in last 2 years

should the fight be as close as it looks so far?
i know their last losses came at the hands of 2 really good fighters.
shouldnt salmon have the edge due to recent experience?
or maybe schafer cause of 3rd fight in ufc (probably doesnt matter much)
does schafer have a chance at getting his 1st KO or are they just going to grapple their way to a decision

im assuming this will be the hot bout under the new rule & its gonna be luck over knowledge for whoever wins the points.

feedback?
Mastodon2
4/13/07 10:18:36AM
Personally I'd pick Salmon, he has been active a lot so thats gotta give him the edge.
JunCTion
4/13/07 11:14:46AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Personally I'd pick Salmon, he has been active a lot so thats gotta give him the edge.

that was my thought and probably my pick. the more fights, the more experience, the more conditioning, etc.
methodman_90
4/13/07 11:43:45AM
They both looked good early on in thier fights that they lost. Schafer has the advantage on the ground and i beleive he can take Salmon down and sub him
warglory
4/13/07 12:05:48PM
Worthless fight
Stickan
4/13/07 12:08:07PM
Schafer is a skilled dude and can really take a shot. I say Schafer by submission. Probably an armbar or an RNC.
disorderlyvision
4/13/07 12:08:57PM

Posted by warglory

Worthless fight

thank you for your super informative post.
cowcatcher
4/13/07 12:15:07PM
i know rav red, and theres no way he knocks out anyone, hes a human punching bag. seriously though he got just ok hands but his bjj is really very good, one of the best at lhw in ufc. hes a great guy and is hilarious, plus he knows his weaknesses so he doesnt go in there looking for a ko, hes gonna sub you to beat you. salmons wrestling looked damn good against rashad in rd 1 so he has a definate shot. im excited for the first mainstream fight between 2 wisconsin born fighters but i have red by sub in rd 2.
JunCTion
4/13/07 12:16:53PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by warglory

Worthless fight

thank you for your super informative post.

how is any fight worthless? thay have to them an opponent and these 2 are very evenly matched. so it makes for a good fight. the only thing close to a worthless fight is when they give an A fighter a C,DorE opponent just to feed him a win.
nubby
4/13/07 12:30:20PM
Karate Kid will win it.
JunCTion
4/13/07 1:10:04PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i know rav red, and theres no way he knocks out anyone, hes a human punching bag. seriously though he got just ok hands but his bjj is really very good, one of the best at lhw in ufc. hes a great guy and is hilarious, plus he knows his weaknesses so he doesnt go in there looking for a ko, hes gonna sub you to beat you. salmons wrestling looked damn good against rashad in rd 1 so he has a definate shot. im excited for the first mainstream fight between 2 wisconsin born fighters but i have red by sub in rd 2.

thats awsome! born 9 days apart in 1977 in milwaukee
salmon - sept 11
schafer - sept 20
and now fighting 30 yaers later. wow. what are the chances of that?
cowcatcher
4/13/07 1:13:37PM
red told me he would win by cobra clutch then posted the same on his myspace so thats my final prediction: cobra clutch rd 2
JunCTion
4/13/07 3:17:19PM

Posted by cowcatcher

red told me he would win by cobra clutch then posted the same on his myspace so thats my final prediction: cobra clutch rd 2

but can he defend the crane technique?
cowcatcher
4/13/07 3:21:30PM
i guess thats yet to be seen, karate kid vs sgt slaughter
JunCTion
4/13/07 3:24:12PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i guess thats yet to be seen, karate kid vs sgt slaughter

wow. i really think that sgt slaughter could keep his hands down and defend the crane with his chin. its gotta be 1/2 of his head weight
cowcatcher
4/13/07 3:31:54PM
the sarge has better subs than danielsan. i didnt realize you were a sconny guy too, no wonder we are the only two that seem halfway interested in this fight. like i said im friends with eric so i have to pull for him but salmon seems like a nice guy and a decent talent. red said to me that if he loses this one he wont be back in ufc, so im really hoping he wins, the guy needs sponsors bad too, theres a new mma store called combat corner opening north of hwy 100 and greenfield in west allis thats sponsoring him but i know he needs more so a win would go a long way.
JunCTion
4/13/07 3:42:30PM
with the good ground games i really think this fight could go the distance. should also be fairly action packed cause niether will let the other LnP. they might not be top fighters yet but i do think it will be a really good fight to watch

i get the sence that a lot of posters tend not to like fights if they dont know 1 or both fighters. i like them just for that reason. curiosity

back to the milwaukee thing. i was living on fredrick in shorewood about 2 blocks from kohls when they were born
nubby
4/13/07 4:11:13PM
I'm surprised Salmon isn't universally known as the Karate Kid especially with that crane kick in the first round of his fight versus Evans.
cowcatcher
4/13/07 4:13:58PM

Posted by JunCTion

with the good ground games i really think this fight could go the distance. should also be fairly action packed cause niether will let the other LnP. they might not be top fighters yet but i do think it will be a really good fight to watch

i get the sence that a lot of posters tend not to like fights if they dont know 1 or both fighters. i like them just for that reason. curiosity

back to the milwaukee thing. i was living on fredrick in shorewood about 2 blocks from kohls when they were born

i lived on frederick and webster for 3 years back from 1999-2002, small world man. im in cudahy now like 2 blocks from the lake so apparently im gonna keep sliding south across the lakefront
p_unit23
4/13/07 4:48:00PM
SCHAFER ALL THE WAY BABY!! He's representing wisconsin in MMA!!!
keith-hackney1
4/13/07 5:25:57PM
salmon is a **** sucker, so is rashad "im hard bruce mohammed ali" evans, salmon aint worthy fighting in the ufc, schafer will take it with flying colours !!! Rashad will get trampled on by ortiz !!
JunCTion
4/14/07 12:05:30AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by JunCTion

i lived on frederick and webster for 3 years back from 1999-2002, small world man. im in cudahy now like 2 blocks from the lake so apparently im gonna keep sliding south across the lakefront

a friend of my wifes mother lives in, i think its called cudahay towers. is that it?
we still have some friends on the east side and my dad lives in brookfield.
i lived on stowell, fredrick, lake bluff (also went to school there). as an adult, lived on houlten & locust, northridge, west allis.
ButterBalls
4/14/07 12:13:16AM
Salmon by Lui Kang style bicycle kick, 1st round.
JunCTion
4/14/07 12:19:18AM

Posted by p_unit23

SCHAFER ALL THE WAY BABY!! He's representing wisconsin in MMA!!!

dude, theyre both from WI even though salmon doesnt live there now.
are you in WI?
JunCTion
4/14/07 12:20:24AM

Posted by keith-hackney1

salmon is a **** sucker, so is rashad "im hard bruce mohammed ali" evans, salmon aint worthy fighting in the ufc, schafer will take it with flying colours !!! Rashad will get trampled on by ortiz !!

dude why so harsh? did you lose $ on them?
keith-hackney1
4/14/07 4:57:13AM
No loss of money, i just hate rashad, he been over protected. Salmon is a nobody who made rashad more popular by ko'ing him.
thunder1030
4/14/07 8:38:03AM
red has been fighting mma for quite sometime, since 97, 98. Sean may have some good wrestling. but eric is brown belt bjj. under matamoros/ sauer. my monies on red!!!!!
BloodandTears
4/14/07 12:12:47PM
Give me Sal. R2 KO. I'm open to wagers on this one. No round bets though. Salmon should take this one.