Salmon out, Mayham Miller vs Tim Kennedy now.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Salmon out, Mayham Miller vs Tim Kennedy now.
Scott_Revels
11/21/07 3:02:48PM
Link

The International Fight League’s Tim Kennedy (8-1) will replace a medically suspended Sean Salmon to take on Jason “Mayhem” Miller (19-5) in the co-main-event of a Dec. 15 HDNet Fights event.

The exclusive news comes from Adam Morgan of fiveouncesofpain.com. (Don’t be surprised to see the news un-sourced elsewhere, though.)

A representative from HDNet Fights today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that an official announcement will be made sometime today.

The Dec. 15 event takes place at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, and features another co-main-event of Frank Trigg vs. Edwin Dewees.

Kennedy, an active Army ranger, is riding an eight-fight win streak, which includes a previous decision victory over Miller at a February 2003 Extreme Challenge event. Kennedy is a late replacement for Salmon, who suffered a quick knockout (via flying knee) to Jorge Santiago in this past weekend’s Strikeforce four-man middleweight tournament. Salmon was suspended indefinitely pending a doctor’s clearance, but even when cleared, he faces a minimum 45-day suspension.

Kennedy, who’s 2-0 in the IFL, has been tapped as a replacement even though he’s scheduled to fight in the IFL’s World Grand Prix two weeks after the HDNet Fights event.

Miller, who recently signed a three-fight deal with HDNet Fights, last competed at WEC 27 in May and picked up a unanimous-decision victory over Hiromitsu Miura. The former Icon Sport middleweight champion has won 12 of his past 14 fights. The two losses came to notables Georges St. Pierre and Trigg.

The full card for the event includes:

* Tim Kennedy vs. Jason Miller
* Frank Trigg vs. Edwin Dewees
* Yves Edwards vs. Alonzo Martinez
* Pete Spratt vs. Tristan Yunker
* Freddie Espiricueta vs. CB Dollaway
* Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Robert Villegas
* Chris Bowles vs. Cory Mahon
* Patrick Castillo vs. Jay White
* Jason House vs. Liam McCarty
* Lee King vs. Marcus Lanier

Looks like an easy win for Miller.. Salmon was an easy win too, but a more easier win now.

Edit: I just looked at Kennedy's record, and he has a win over Mayhem Miller.. I might need to reconsider my comment on it being an easy fight for him.
CornishMMA
11/22/07 9:45:53AM
dude just to save you time and hassle i thought id point out that this kinda stuff gets posted in the news share forum and is always mostly discussed there (which is why this thread has no replies), you can still post a thread about it in this section to discuss the fight but you dont need to include the link like you are doing etc