Sakuraba vs Aoki

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sakuraba vs Aoki
ICSlegend
5/1/08 10:41:57PM
Thought this one up...prime vs prime, or now, I actually don't think it would make that much different cause Aoki ain't dishin out any punishment striking-wise.

This might just be the greatest grappling match of the century. I think Saku would tear him up standing and striking on the ground (leg kicks, which JZ didn't use when Aoki was butt scooting, but Saku sure as hell would, maybe even baseball slides). And I think Saku knows what Aoki's plans are, and might be able to counter/reverse just about anything, and with his weight advantage he should be able to.

Saku by TKO or decision. Aoki getting subbed? Doubtful.
jiujitsufreak74
5/1/08 11:07:58PM
well Saku is heavier, by a considerable amount, but ill take weight out of the picture. i think Aoki presents some JJ that no Gracie has ever presented and Sakuraba would not be able to brush it off. i would see this fight going to a decision, and see Aoki being more active on the ground. although Saku in his prime was a beast so hard to say. like all dream match ups there is a lot of subjectivity, but i believe Aoki will win a decision based on being more active. he presents certain positions that are pretty hard to plan for and train for. Saku is more ell rounded and could win on the feet, but i think this one would hit the ground, especially since Aoki has some unorthodox ways of getting it there. Saku would most likely not get subbed, as his sub D is world class imo, and judo will help with passing and ground battles. this could honestly go either way, but it would be a decision.

Aoki SD due to more attempts to end the fight.
throwmeahotone
5/2/08 12:08:33AM
it would have been a good one who do think would have won it in The Dream Tourney
juanez13
5/2/08 6:54:22AM
Saku in his prime IMO would Dominate Aoki, nowadays he probably sit in aoki's Guard for the whole fight and take it to a decision.
tepid55
5/2/08 11:45:15AM
I think Aoki would out-trick Sakuraba on the ground and win by submission or decision.
chubbud22
5/2/08 5:30:06PM

Posted by juanez13

Saku in his prime IMO would Dominate Aoki, nowadays he probably sit in aoki's Guard for the whole fight and take it to a decision.

I think Saku's size advantage would be to much much for Aoki to handle.
ICSlegend
5/2/08 5:31:58PM

Posted by tepid55

I think Aoki would out-trick Sakuraba on the ground and win by submission or decision.

Saku ain't gettin subbed. If Aoki couldn't sub Bu Kyung he ain't subbing Saku.

And when was the last time Saku sat in someone's guard LnP style? He might not be as active as Aoki, but he will be going for subs, and if Aoki just sits around, Saku will leg kick him.
bustin_mma
5/3/08 3:34:18PM
i would probly give up my first born to see this one
ICSlegend
5/3/08 5:10:38PM
Yeah, this is a dream fight.

With both of them out of the GPs, DREAM should set this up. If he loses to Saku, it can be attributed to weight. If he wins, it could be a kind of passing-of-the-torch. But in all likelihood Aoki will just sit around and then take the title from the LWGP winner.