Why has saku-manhoef been scored a submission and not a tko/ko?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Why has saku-manhoef been scored a submission and not a tko/ko?
tap_or_snap
6/15/08 11:08:40AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/search/sakuraba/video/x5sd5d_kazushi-sakuraba-vs-melvin-manhoef_sport

Heres the fight, this should be scorred a tko/ko not a submission as has been done, for those wondering whether sakus left hand (obscurred from view) is tapping wait till the end of the video for an aerial replay where it is clear there is no tap.

For the record shitdog have it as a tko.
babalu2720
6/15/08 11:14:53AM
Ya I saw that...and Sherdog and MMAWeekly both said it was a TKO
juanez13
6/15/08 11:18:21AM
yea they should change it, that way i get my 11 points too

On a side Note: Saku needs to retire already, hate seeing him get brutalized over and over again....
Jackelope
6/15/08 11:19:23AM
It also has Mousasi as a Judge's Decision- Submission/Tapout

I blame sleepy mods who stayed up all night watching it for us, haha
npayant
6/15/08 11:24:33AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/sakuraba/video/x5sd5d_kazushi-sakuraba-vs-melvin-manhoef_sport

Heres the fight, this should be scorred a tko/ko not a submission as has been done, for those wondering whether sakus left hand (obscurred from view) is tapping wait till the end of the video for an aerial replay where it is clear there is no tap.

I didn't even notice that's how they scored it...

Thanks for pointing this out tap_or_snap!

That was a clear KO/TKO...in dominating fashion!!

npayant
6/15/08 11:26:12AM

Posted by Jackelope

Yeah...I got up and watched them this morning at like 7:30... there was no way I could get up at 3 am to watch it!!

tap_or_snap
6/15/08 11:59:28AM

Posted by Jackelope

Well noticed! and that makes a big difference too as two of the five joint second place guys had it a ud which means they should tie with cjb for first place with 93pts (all three had manhoef 1st tko too)...

All in all lots of people will of missed out on 4 or 8 pts and a few may of even gained 4 pts, that said who in their right mind would of picked melvin to beat saku via submission i dont know.
Jackelope
6/15/08 12:16:20PM
LOL yeah I was thinking "Manhoef sub??????????????" the thought never even crossed my mind
see_you_in_hell_brat
6/15/08 12:28:26PM
it's a mistake

mahoef by tko rd 1 11 pts, but i only took 7 for it
mousasu ud 11 pts, but i only took 7 for it.

something is wrong here, not to worry though,

i'm sure the mods will appropriately adjust the points, +8 points for me personally, not the 73 i have scored but the 81 I deserve.

thanks mods!
tap_or_snap
6/15/08 12:37:53PM

Posted by see_you_in_hell_brat

it's a mistake

mahoef by tko rd 1 11 pts, but i only took 7 for it
mousasu ud 11 pts, but i only took 7 for it.

something is wrong here, not to worry though,

i'm sure the mods will appropriately adjust the points, +8 points for me personally, not the 73 i have scored but the 81 I deserve.

thanks mods!

Puts you even further in front, great season so far for you
Raykill
6/15/08 1:38:53PM
That is strange, will I am sure they will correct it or provide an explanation. Gives me a couple more points, but not really much help.

Good eye
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/15/08 1:59:23PM

Posted by tap_or_snap

im very curious about this mysekf

the junkie has it 1st rd tko as well
wolfman
6/15/08 2:12:03PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by tap_or_snap

im very curious about this mysekf

the junkie has it 1st rd tko as well

It's clearly just a mistake on the site...It will be fixed people, don't worry.
Bosco
6/15/08 3:42:11PM
I am sure there will be a recount
Tombsuprat
6/15/08 4:27:40PM
I actully doubt they will fix it. At Cage Rage 26, Zikic tapped Faverus in Rd3 according to every PbP I read and the results on Sherdog yet MMAPlayground has kept it as a 2nd Rd tap since the event.

I even emailed them the mistake and they never fixed it. For a site based on ranking people by points, they sure don't care enough to make sure everything is 100%, those points could be the difference in someone winning real $$$.
npayant
6/15/08 6:54:28PM

Posted by Tombsuprat

I actully doubt they will fix it. At Cage Rage 26, Zikic tapped Faverus in Rd3 according to every PbP I read and the results on Sherdog yet MMAPlayground has kept it as a 2nd Rd tap since the event.

I even emailed them the mistake and they never fixed it. For a site based on ranking people by points, they sure don't care enough to make sure everything is 100%, those points could be the difference in someone winning real $$$.

Yeah the same thing happened in the secondary league in season 2: "HDNET: Reckless Abandon" on a couple of different fights. They listed the wrong endings on this site compared to every other site I looked at, but they never changed them (both of these fights weren't AS clear cut as this one though). But I suppose it's not that big of a deal, especially in the secondary league. I see your point though Tombsuprat that it could be the difference in someone winning real $$ I'm sure the MODS are quite busy with things on here and they'll probably get to it.

We'll see...
CornishMMA
6/16/08 7:49:16AM

Posted by juanez13

On a side Note: Saku needs to retire already, hate seeing him get brutalized over and over again....

No way dude, i hate seeing comments like this that seem to exaggerate ths situation, Saku is still fit and good to fight, he just won his last 7 fights ffs! just cos he loses to someone like Melvin doesnt mean he should rerite theres still tons of guys he can beat!