4/16/08 7:22:19PM
Does anybody know the record on sakuraba and the gracies
Tein_Lung
4/16/08 7:31:53PM
i know he beat alteast 4 of them
JimiMak
4/16/08 9:08:29PM
4-1

Beat Royler, ref stops to prevent broken arm (technical submission?)
Beat Renzo, broken arm (technical submission?)
Beat Royce, threw in towel to not come in for overtime rd
Beat Ryan, dec in 1 10min rd
Lost Royce, dec
jiujitsufreak74
4/16/08 9:25:16PM

Posted by JimiMak

4-1

Lost Royce, dec

i don't consider that loss to Royce a loss since he tested positive for steroids that fight. im not so sure Royce could beat Saku if he is clean, especially not back in the day.
JimiMak
4/16/08 9:30:28PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by JimiMak

4-1

Lost Royce, dec

i don't consider that loss to Royce a loss since he tested positive for steroids that fight. im not so sure Royce could beat Saku if he is clean, especially not back in the day.

I don't think that dec was reversed (not sure tho) so I gave him the official record. Back in the day he never could've beat him, imo. But that fight came down to Saku just not doing anything. Much as I hate to say it, as I love Sak, Royce won by trying (not a great try, but he tried). Sak made a career out of always moving and taking ppl out of their gameplans, that fight was what convinced me he should retire (sad)
jiujitsufreak74
4/16/08 9:32:54PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by JimiMak

4-1

Lost Royce, dec

I don't think that dec was reversed (not sure tho) so I gave him the official record. Back in the day he never could've beat him, imo. But that fight came down to Saku just not doing anything. Much as I hate to say it, as I love Sak, Royce won by trying (not a great try, but he tried). Sak made a career out of always moving and taking ppl out of their gameplans, that fight was what convinced me he should retire (sad)

i agree with you and i wasn't questioning the validity of the loss on paper i was just saying i personally don't count that as a win, just as i don't count barnett beating couture as a win. you were correct with he information i just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.
nix7777
4/16/08 10:56:17PM
thanx
ICSlegend
4/17/08 1:13:16AM
Yes, the loss against Royce should definitely NOT be counted. Royce tested an insane amount, but that's not why. That fight was a work. Saku was told it would be a five round fight (and it that's how it was publically announced as). Watch how confused he is when the final bell rings at the end of the 3rd. They didn't inform him of the change. Saku was wearing Royce down just like in the first fight. They both looked bad, but in my opinion Saku clearly edged Royce. Everyone I watched it with, also scored it in favor of Saku. And so did Sherdog.

And Saku is not ready to retire. That epic comeback (greatest in MMA history in my opiniong) against Smirnovas shows he's got more heart than anyone and will find a way to win. He's not done yet. Hope he takes the Dream GP.
ICSlegend
4/17/08 1:15:58AM

i agree with you and i wasn't questioning the validity of the loss on paper i was just saying i personally don't count that as a win, just as i don't count barnett beating couture as a win. you were correct with he information i just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

By the way Barnett did beat Couture and tested CLEAN. The commision messed up the results and failed to provide Barnett all the documentation. Tired of people just taking the commision's word. Read up on it. Barnett tested clean. But regardless, most pro althetes use, so get off your high horse. The playing field is even one way or another (legal supplements vs illegal, they're all performance enhancing). And as I mentioned before, steroids don't give you skill.