Sakara staying in UFC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Sakara staying in UFC?
Jackelope
3/2/08 8:21:10PM
Sakara's loss makes me wonder how much longer he'll be able to hang in the UFC. I like that he moved down to 185, and if Leben is anything to go by it sounds like he's still got some great power even after what looked like a rough cut. The guy has taken a lot of losses to some tough guys, but the fights have always been entertaining.

I'm thinking if the UFC cans him he might want to move over to EliteXC and make a matchup against Robbie Lawler. That's a slugfest I'd love to see since both of those guys have some great boxing skills and power behind their punches. Of course I'd take Lawler in a 1st rd KO, but I'm always up for watching a good slugfest.

What do you guys think is going to happen to Legionnarus?
bullettdodger
3/2/08 9:27:07PM

Posted by Jackelope

Sakara's loss makes me wonder how much longer he'll be able to hang in the UFC. I like that he moved down to 185, and if Leben is anything to go by it sounds like he's still got some great power even after what looked like a rough cut. The guy has taken a lot of losses to some tough guys, but the fights have always been entertaining.

I'm thinking if the UFC cans him he might want to move over to EliteXC and make a matchup against Robbie Lawler. That's a slugfest I'd love to see since both of those guys have some great boxing skills and power behind their punches. Of course I'd take Lawler in a 1st rd KO, but I'm always up for watching a good slugfest.

What do you guys think is going to happen to Legionnarus?

I think he gets probably one more fight in the UFC realistically before they can him. I would like to see him go to another organization to build up his confidence.. though you can't really teach composure under fire... thats what he really need imo.
bls1919
3/2/08 9:58:19PM
I think Sakara has beena huge let down in the UFC. He has been dominated in his last 3 fights. Time for Legionarivs to hit the road
postman
3/2/08 10:35:33PM
Anyone else watch that fight and think to themselves man these two should be fighting at WW
gartface
3/2/08 11:46:06PM

Posted by bls1919

I think Sakara has beena huge let down in the UFC. He has been dominated in his last 3 fights. Time for Legionarivs to hit the road

Didn't he dominate James Lee?
fonduktoe
3/3/08 12:12:05AM
leben would never try to make ww
Mayhem13
3/3/08 12:28:08AM

Posted by postman

Anyone else watch that fight and think to themselves man these two should be fighting at WW

I think the cut down to 185 was hard on Sakara, to make 170 would probably kill him.
Jackelope
3/3/08 2:32:02AM
Yeah, check out the weigh ins. Sakara was lookin rough and he went right for the Gatorade afterward. He's never been a totally ripped guy, but I don't see 170 happening. 15 more pounds... yeeeeesh
Svartorm
3/3/08 3:06:37AM
Honestly, theres not a lot for him out there. Hes a great technical striker with a weak chin. They could give him someone at MW he could beat, but eventually hes going to run into Rivera, or Cote, or Okami and get smoked. A few years with ATT and he might be UFC material again, but dropping down in competition for a bit might be a better idea.
Twenty20Dollars
3/3/08 8:48:27AM
let him go honestly..........unless someone else uses him as a stepping stone.
Silent-Sir
3/3/08 1:45:56PM
I think he probably has one more shot to with the UFC. If he wins, they'll most likely give him another fight, but if he loses, he'll probably be shown the door. That's not to see we'll never see him again, I just think that he'll need to prove himself outside the UFC before they invite him back.
Rush
3/3/08 3:15:42PM

Posted by Svartorm

Honestly, theres not a lot for him out there. Hes a great technical striker with a weak chin. They could give him someone at MW he could beat, but eventually hes going to run into Rivera, or Cote, or Okami and get smoked. A few years with ATT and he might be UFC material again, but dropping down in competition for a bit might be a better idea.

yeah, basically I think of him as the Goullet of the MW/LHW division. He'll probably do well in other "lesser" orgs, but be a .500 fighter in the UFC.
Kpro
3/3/08 3:23:27PM
He's been fighting on the main portion of the cards mostly so he's not going anywhere right now.

They're not going to have his fight to see if he'll stay or go in the middle of the main portion of the PPV. Once we see him on the undercard, we can discuss him getting the boot.
tylerlee123
3/4/08 2:28:03PM
A fight with Eastman would be cool or possibly Kalib Starnes, even Grove would be interesting