SAINTS OFFER TWO PICKS FOR SHOCKEY

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » SAINTS OFFER TWO PICKS FOR SHOCKEY
skinnator
4/26/08 10:19:58AM

We’re hoping that the Saints and the Giants work out a trade for tight end Jeremy Shockey, because the story is entering the realm of the Brett Favre retirement/unretirement watch.

Though it has been believed that the Saints offered only a second-round pick for Shockey, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Saints have added to the offer a sixth-round pick in 2008 or a fifth-rounder in 2009.

The Giants previously asked for the second-rounder and safety Roman Harper.

But the Saints and their second-round pick have also been linked to the Eagles and Lito Sheppard.

Shockey is signed through 2011. He’s due to earn a base salary of $1.92 million in 2008. His salary spikes to $3.0 million in 2009, and $3.8 million in 2010.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/26/08 11:13:52AM
hopefully the saints can get him, they need some big plays & consistent receivers & he will give them both if he goes
skinnator
4/26/08 11:15:20AM
I can see your a Saints fan
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/26/08 12:02:51PM
I LIKE THE FACT THAT YOUR THREAD TITLES ARE ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS

seriously though, i wouldnt go for it if I was the giants. he's a big part of their offense.
The_Ho_Bag
4/26/08 12:34:06PM
since i am a huge giants fan:

i would keep shockey,

i know boss did great last season but boss isnt that good as a blocker for jacobs and they need shockey in there for blocking, he had an ok season offensively(even though he dropped so many passes and his best game was against dallas at that was it), his numbers has been decreasing over time but i wouldn't trade him for a 5 and 6 th rd pick .

Either way the Giants will do some Damage b/c Boss is young and he time to mature as a good player =]
but like i said i rather have shockey in at TE due to experience and his ability to block better.

last season stats before a broken fibula:

REC
YDS
AVG
TDS
Copenhagen
4/26/08 4:23:07PM
They are wanting to much for Shockey. Saints don't need him that bad. Saints should be concentrating on upgrading their secondary not their offense.
Shawn91111
4/27/08 10:02:49PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

i would keep shockey,

i know boss did great last season but boss isnt that good as a blocker for jacobs and they need shockey in there for blocking, he had an ok season offensively(even though he dropped so many passes and his best game was against dallas at that was it), his numbers has been decreasing over time but i wouldn't trade him for a 5 and 6 th rd pick .

Either way the Giants will do some Damage b/c Boss is young and he time to mature as a good player =]
but like i said i rather have shockey in at TE due to experience and his ability to block better.

REC
YDS
AVG
TDS

I dont really think its about his offensive out put as much as its his attitude and his ego, everytime Manning misses him or doesnt look his way his arms flair up and he seems to bring down Mannings confidence imo. Then again Manning just won a SB without him so maybe he will now STFU and stop with his antics. Then again most likely not.
The_Ho_Bag
4/27/08 10:16:53PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

i would keep shockey,

REC
YDS
AVG
TDS

I dont really think its about his offensive out put as much as its his attitude and his ego, everytime Manning misses him or doesnt look his way his arms flair up and he seems to bring down Mannings confidence imo. Then again Manning just won a SB without him so maybe he will now STFU and stop with his antics. Then again most likely not.

i could deff see your point =] but every time manning threw to him he dropped the bal blehh but i would rather him stay for blocking =]