Saffiedine passes on fighting Condit at UFC 158

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Saffiedine passes on fighting Condit at UFC 158
FastKnockout
2/21/13 10:21:06AM
Fresh off a career-defining upset, Tarec Saffiedine opts to decline the offer to replace Rory MacDonald and fight Carlos Condit at UFC 158.

Link
Lungsofsteel
2/21/13 10:26:55AM
? he must still be banged up from the marquardt fight
tcunningham
2/21/13 12:53:57PM
this was probably a good decision. its important to start his ufc career on the right foot. i know he was SF champ but i dont think he's anywhere near ready for a top guy like condit. i think he needs a few wins before he takes on a top 3 guy. i would have liked to see him fight fitch but obviously that aint happening.
jjeans
2/21/13 12:54:56PM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

? he must still be banged up from the marquardt fight

Why jump to that conclusion? He might just have not wanted to fight on short notice, no fighter has to accept a short notice fight, in most cases they are at a much greater risk of losing as they haven't had the 2-3 month training camps, haven't sized up the opponent, etc
prozacnation1978
2/21/13 1:05:56PM
wasnt up for the test
if he beat condit he may have jumped to the front of the line
sparky
2/21/13 1:11:22PM
I dont blame Saffiedine.

Condit is to good of an opponent to fight on short notice.
OnyxShadow
2/21/13 3:15:46PM
No surprise. Saffiedine probably loses to just about any top 10 UFC fighter.
I-GOT-THIS-PICK
2/21/13 3:29:16PM
Offer the fight to Marquart I bet he will take it.
Chael_Sonnen
2/21/13 4:45:07PM
Vitor must've given him advice....
Sir_Karl
2/21/13 6:01:16PM
I wonder if Dana is going to put him in the Chateau Bow Wow for refusing the fight?
jae_1833
2/22/13 12:18:39AM
I don't blame anyone for not taking on Condit on short notice...that's how you become part of his highlight reel! Otherwise I think the fight is a good match up as thay have similar styles, if I were to give Tarec advice I would suggest he takes on the winner of Kos / Lawler.
BillsNewAccount
2/22/13 11:47:19AM

Posted by jae_1833

I don't blame anyone for not taking on Condit on short notice...that's how you become part of his highlight reel! Otherwise I think the fight is a good match up as thay have similar styles, if I were to give Tarec advice I would suggest he takes on the winner of Kos / Lawler.

In a division stacked with grapplers I think the smart move would have been to take the Condit fight. I'd rather have a shot at beating Condit and end up on a highlight real then get backpacked by Maia and cut after.