Sadollah out with leg infection(***UPDATED - Statement From Amir On Withdrawal + Hoping For Hospital Release Today***)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Sadollah out with leg infection(***UPDATED - Statement From Amir On Withdrawal + Hoping For Hospital Release Today***)
Next Page »
MMAcca
11/11/08 3:43:11PM
The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 7 middleweight winner, Amir Sadollah, has been forced to withdraw from his upcoming bout against Nick Catone at UFC 91: “Couture vs. Lesnar” at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on November 15 because of a leg infection.

Unfortunately, the promotion was unable to secure a replacement on such short notice, meaning that Catone will have to wait to make his Octagon debut and the show will go on with nine fights instead on the original 10.

In addition, according to an official announcement on UFC.com, the welterweight match up between Dustin Hazelett and Tamdan McCrory has been promoted to the televised portion of the pay-per-view (PPV) telecast.

LINK
4u2nv
11/11/08 3:44:40PM
u beat me by a few seconds... sweet!

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15767
MMAcca
11/11/08 3:48:02PM

Posted by 4u2nv

u beat me by a few seconds... sweet!

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15767

Not really
Wolfenstein
11/11/08 3:50:52PM
Good news in the respect that Dustin Hazlett vs Tamden will be a more entertaining fight, bad news that we won't get to see Sadollah and now have only nine fights.

Talk about late notice. I'm not sure if this just recently happened, or if it's something he was hoping would clear up. I'm surprised that the frequency of fighters dropping out of bouts hasn't prompted Dana to take some measures such as having a backup fighter beforehand that knows he might have to step up on short notice.

It's definetely time to start making contingency plans because now people who payed for tickets aren't getting what they payed for...and that's ten fights.
dannyfrank
11/11/08 3:56:30PM
ahh, thats some bad news for the Holla Train
Chuteboxer
11/11/08 3:57:42PM
The train might've just gotten derailed temporarily until 2009 now hahahaha....

it sucks, but there's not much we can do about it except bitch and moan.
billycarnage
11/11/08 3:58:52PM
I wanted Hazelett vs McRory to be on the main card anyway I think this will be the FON unless Randy beats Brock then you know they'll get the cash. Best wishes for Amir.

gsquat
11/11/08 4:03:13PM
Balls! Amir would've rocked his world!
CwB
11/11/08 4:18:20PM
when haggis hears about this i think he might cry.

its not all bad news to me i would much rather see mclovin and barn cat then sadollah and a nobody
Aaronno9
11/11/08 4:21:37PM
Bowen50
11/11/08 4:44:26PM
i'm actually really happy. not because Amir is out but because i get to see Hazelett Vs. McCrory live. gonna be a great fight.
Kracker_Jap
11/11/08 4:44:44PM
Which fight should replace it on the main card now????
wolfman
11/11/08 4:47:05PM
You guys were really counting out Catone, he had a great shot at upsetting Amir...He is a great wrestler and trains out of a good camp with Bill Scott and Ricardo Almeida.
GrandMaster313
11/11/08 5:12:28PM
they have soo many fighters u meen they couldnt find 1!!!!!!!!

i hate when they do this........ they better show an extra fight at least!!!!!
jiujitsufreak74
11/11/08 5:24:55PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

why would a fighter take a fight on 4 days notice? only a fighter that is not worth watching would take this fight on 4 days notice, and it wouldn't be pretty. they are moving Hazelett vs McCrory up to the main card which is a huge improvement and makes this situation blessing in disguise.
GrandMaster313
11/11/08 5:32:28PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by GrandMaster313

why would a fighter take a fight on 4 days notice? only a fighter that is not worth watching would take this fight on 4 days notice, and it wouldn't be pretty. they are moving Hazelett vs McCrory up to the main card which is a huge improvement and makes this situation blessing in disguise.

These guys are professionals u meen to tell me these guys only train and condition when the sign for a fight. These guys are constantly training. Im sure they could have found someone decent at the bottom of the food chain.
haggiswashere
11/11/08 5:36:04PM

sad stuff
haggiswashere
11/11/08 5:48:05PM

Posted by CwB

ya i really almost did....... someone hold me!!!

lol it sounds dumb but it is affecting me alot more than it should........ im pretty bummed out.
prozacnation1978
11/11/08 6:05:26PM
glad i am not going live
paying for 10 getting 9 fights
i won't cry for amir i think that fight should not have been on pay per view portion
i wanted to see mc lovin
Bowen50
11/11/08 6:09:35PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

Posted by GrandMaster313

These guys are professionals u meen to tell me these guys only train and condition when the sign for a fight. These guys are constantly training. Im sure they could have found someone decent at the bottom of the food chain.

fighters train year round but the intensity level of the training varies. fighters tend to have an 8-10 week long training camp before a fight where they get their most intense training in. that whole time they are developing a specific gameplan for the fighter they're scheduled to fight. taking a fight on 4 days notice means the replacement would be out of shape, probably miss weight by a lot, and be completely unprepared.
jiujitsufreak74
11/11/08 6:13:08PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by GrandMaster313

Posted by GrandMaster313

fighters train year round but the intensity level of the training varies. fighters tend to have an 8-10 week long training camp before a fight where they get their most intense training in. that whole time they are developing a specific gameplan for the fighter they're scheduled to fight. taking a fight on 4 days notice means the replacement would be out of shape, probably miss weight by a lot, and be completely unprepared.

exactly. to say that they train all year round and use that as an excuse to take a fight on short notice shows that you have never underwent the process yourself. like Bowen says fighters like to get 8-10 weeks of training before a fight designed to beat their specific opponent, to just go into a fight on 4 days notice puts you at a sever disadvantage. if what you say is true, coming in on short notice wouldn't be a disadvantage, which in the past it has shown to be a huge disadvantage
ziegler3334
11/11/08 6:35:24PM
Bummer about not getting to see amir. I want to see more of him to see if hes for real or not. He definitely has the charisma.

It is definitely a blessing in disguise for ppv viewers. while seeing amir would've been nice, hazelett/mccrory is a much more interesting fight. And hazelett is a soon to be contender. Amazing on the ground.

Hazelett sub 2nd
nickcuc547
11/11/08 6:36:38PM
not gonna lie i hope they throw mccory vs. hazlett off of the main card. just to piss off all these people that arre having an orgasm over it right now.
bls1919
11/11/08 6:48:32PM
Its sucks for Sadollah but even worse for Cantone. He doesn't get to fight and has nothing wrong with him. I hope for his sake he can make his debut soon.
haggiswashere
11/11/08 6:54:47PM

Posted by ziegler3334

Bummer about not getting to see amir. I want to see more of him to see if hes for real or not. He definitely has the charisma.

It is definitely a blessing in disguise for ppv viewers. while seeing amir would've been nice, hazelett/mccrory is a much more interesting fight. And hazelett is a soon to be contender. Amazing on the ground.

Hazelett sub 2nd

i agree actually. Im an amir nuthugger and i was suprised that sadollah vs catone made main card and the hazellet mccrory fight didn't. I wanna see amir again soon though. i don't want to wait another 6 months for him to fight again.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
11/11/08 8:32:04PM
def... dissappointed, I was looking forward to Amir fighting and winning and moving up in the division and taking on and taking out some big names at 185 or the 170 division who some think hes more suited for, either way.
Dissappointed but yeah Hazelett is cool too.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/11/08 11:16:37PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by GrandMaster313

Posted by GrandMaster313

exactly. to say that they train all year round and use that as an excuse to take a fight on short notice shows that you have never underwent the process yourself. like Bowen says fighters like to get 8-10 weeks of training before a fight designed to beat their specific opponent, to just go into a fight on 4 days notice puts you at a sever disadvantage. if what you say is true, coming in on short notice wouldn't be a disadvantage, which in the past it has shown to be a huge disadvantage

drew fickett will fight on 10 minutes notice , 4 days is a good training camp for him .
jiujitsufreak74
11/11/08 11:45:22PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
drew fickett will fight on 10 minutes notice , 4 days is a good training camp for him .

c'mon now, are you seriously trying to dispute that 4 days is too short notice to properly prepare?
Naturaldisaster
11/12/08 12:13:51AM
I was really lookin forward to this fight. But Hazelett vs McCroy will be a great fight so Im not TOO upset i guess
gsquat
11/12/08 10:29:32AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by CwB

ya i really almost did....... someone hold me!!!

lol it sounds dumb but it is affecting me alot more than it should........ im pretty bummed out.

Now you know kinda how I felt when Rashad vs Chuck was cancelled the first time. But seriously, Amir would've demolished Catone. If you look at the guys Catone beat, the only one who he finshed were guys with losing records. He had a very padded record and was nowhere near the level of a CB Dollaway.
Pages: [1] 2