Sadollah confirms UFC 101 Return

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Sadollah confirms UFC 101 Return
babytater03
4/2/09 9:55:12AM
Amir Sadollah, the middleweight winner from the seventh season of The Ultimate Fighter, has revealed that he’s slated to compete for the first time since winning the Spike TV reality series on Aug. 8 at UFC 101 in Philadelphia.

Sadollah made the revelation during a commercial insert that aired during last night’s premiere for the ninth season of The Ultimate Fighter. During the “Late Night News Presented by Burger King” segment, Sadollah interviewed TUF 1 light heavyweight winner Forrest Griffin.

click

awesome to see him back. i'm sure it's due to the infections and time off he's going to have to drop down from MW to a more optimum weight.

War Amir
cowcatcher
4/2/09 10:07:06AM
what date is the over/under for him announcing a new injury that will force him off this card?
DCRage
4/2/09 10:10:31AM
Was waiting for someone to ask about that. I'll set it at June 1.
cowcatcher
4/2/09 10:11:52AM
ill take the over
emfleek
4/2/09 10:30:26AM
I was just about to ask when he was going to confirm the injury that would eventually keep him from fighting on the card.
prozacnation1978
4/2/09 10:39:51AM
i caught that too
welter weight probably on main card curious to see who he fights though

Mayhem13
4/2/09 10:45:19AM
I wanna see Amir vs Hazelett
emfleek
4/2/09 10:47:52AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Hazelett would murder him, IMO.
wiggum
4/2/09 10:51:45AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Mayhem13

Hazelett would murder him, IMO.

i agree....amir has too much rust and even if he didnt, hes too green for a guy like dustin.....give him a can, build the confidence back up
Wallass
4/2/09 11:18:33AM
I like Amir but I dont think cutting to Welterwight would be a good idea for him. I can`t see him being able to beat, Fitch, GSP, Johnson, Koscheck, Davis, Hardy, Kampmann or Condit. I think him and Ben Saunders would be a good scrap though. Hazelett would destroy Amir.
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/09 2:18:19PM
Cross your fingers people!
sclasclemski
4/2/09 2:36:41PM
I will be very upset if he drops out of another fight due to injury...as it is it will have been over a year since he fought last...What camp is he training with?
emfleek
4/2/09 2:40:09PM

Posted by sclasclemski

I will be very upset if he drops out of another fight due to injury...as it is it will have been over a year since he fought last...What camp is he training with?

Xtreme Couture
sclasclemski
4/2/09 3:13:45PM
Thanks
kaskd
4/2/09 4:44:36PM
Look at everyone doubting Amir! Every round of TUF he was the under dog and beat all opponents. He was given an actual UFC fighter during his TUF tryout episode and still made it on. My brain says pick Amir to lose every time, but I'm not going to get burned again.
emfleek
4/2/09 4:49:01PM

Posted by kaskd

Look at everyone doubting Amir! Every round of TUF he was the under dog and beat all opponents. He was given an actual UFC fighter during his TUF tryout episode and still made it on. My brain says pick Amir to lose every time, but I'm not going to get burned again.

We're not doubting his ability to fight. We're doubting his ability to train without injuring himself.
Ordep
4/2/09 11:15:28PM
Get a possible replacement and inform his opponent of who would that be, so it can be an "already known" last minute replacement and no fighter will spend $$$ on fight camp w/o getting paid later (i.e. Catone).
101proof
4/4/09 4:20:24PM
Good I cant wait to see this dude fight again.For a guy with very little fight experience he seems comfortable fighting in the UFC Alot of fighters that come in with a bunch of fights and make thier octagon debut seem like they **** thier pants on the way down the isle but not this kid plus on top of that he seems to have alot of talent.
bls1919
4/4/09 7:20:05PM
I hope he stays injury free at least long enough to step back in the octagon