Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira light heavyweight bout booked for UFC 160

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira light heavyweight bout booked for UFC 160
FastKnockout
2/20/13 12:12:53AM
The UFC's annual Memorial Day weekend card continues to take shape and continues to add high-profile fights to the ledger. A light heavyweight bout between Ryan Bader and Glover Teixeira has been added to UFC 160 in May.

Link
FastKnockout
2/20/13 12:13:59AM
Damn. I don't want either of these guys to lose.
prozacnation1978
2/20/13 12:14:13AM
Very nice fight

Budgellism
2/20/13 12:26:37AM
Nice

Some solid fights being announced tonight. I like Glover to continue his streak here.
isk
2/20/13 1:47:24AM
Glover by murder. Probably.

I think Ryan Bader's shown what he can do. He hits hard, he's got a nice power double leg, and he's generally lost only by very good fighters, but he hasn't put in enough practice time for a dangerous guard, tactical clinch takedowns, or refined striking. I don't see him changing as long as he stays in Arizona, and even then, I think he's always gonna be one of those guys who wins more on athleticism than technique.

Not sipping the kool-aid or anything, I simply feel Glover's too strong in most parts of the game. If he gets on top of Bader with more than a couple minutes left, he's going to put it to bed. I have only 2 questions, and they're things that we haven't seen from Glover yet in the UFC - how does he deal with speed, and what kind of guard does he have. He's got a solid chin and incredible cardio, but can he handle a blitz from a fast guy like Bader. And while his top game is like giving Mjolnir to a python, I don't know what kind of escapes he'll have from the bottom.
sparky
2/20/13 2:16:01AM
Glover is going to destroy Bader. I got a feeling this will be a nasty KO

WAR GLOVER
Sir_Karl
2/20/13 3:41:27AM
A few bombs and some attempted wrestlef*cking is what Glover needs to avoid. If he can do this...he will win.
aussiemma
2/20/13 4:44:36AM
i think glover can ko bader..but im not counting bader out at all. He has only been beaten by former champs.
BigBadAl
2/20/13 8:24:48AM
Bader's a dead man walking
Theoutlaw08
2/20/13 9:00:37AM
This is going to be a close fight. I may take Bader.
SmileR
2/20/13 9:04:39AM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

This is going to be a close fight. I may take Bader.

Me too, Bader has solid wrestling and unlike Rampage he'll use it which should even things up! I'm excited for this fight!
tcunningham
2/20/13 12:26:40PM
great fight. i think glover takes this one. i was really impressed with how well rounded glover is. his wrestling may not be as good as bader's is on paper but to be honest i have never been that impressed with bader's wrestling. also, glover's standup is much more technical IMO. Bader FTW, probably UD
shaneTpain
2/20/13 12:59:10PM
Baders a goner
Bubbles
2/22/13 3:52:11PM

Posted by aussiemma

i think glover can ko bader..but im not counting bader out at all. He has only been beaten by former champs.

Can you see into the future? Chael will be a champion