Russian Sambo Championships: Fedor Beats Three Opponents in Under 2 Minutes

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Russian Sambo Championships: Fedor Beats Three Opponents in Under 2 Minutes
Manfred
2/8/08 5:30:39PM
Link (at the bottom of the page)

Today was the first day of the Russian Combat Sambo Championship and here are the results:

As predicted, Fedor Emelianenko easily won all of his three fights. None of his opponents in this Russian championship forfeited as it has happened before in world and European championships, to the credit of our fighters.

In his first fight, Fedor quickly attacked, after a combination of strikes he took his opponent down and submitted him. The fight was 35 seconds long. His second fight was even shorter - Fedor broke his opponent's nose on the 10th second.

The final fight against Stanislav Shushko took a little bit longer. Stanislav tried to keep Fedor at a distance using his height advantage, but Fedor closed the distance with a combination, went for a throw and a holddown. Then the fighters ended up in standing position again and the situation happened again - a combination of strikes from the champion, a throw, but this time Fedor finished his attack with a submission and won at 1 minute and 1 seconds.
cmill21
2/8/08 6:17:19PM
Lol so he's pretty good at sambo to I see. Thats a huge sport in Russia, and all Russian military personel are trained in Sambo I believe.
Pookie
2/8/08 6:20:08PM
his sambo skills make him the best in the clinch p4p IMO
bls1919
2/8/08 6:43:05PM
And this sport is what kept him out of the UFC. All of it so he could beat three guys in 2 mins. I think that shows u what kind of competitor he is. He's content with dominating nobodys and not coming to the big stage to prove what i think he can do
cmill21
2/8/08 6:49:26PM
I'll listen to the guy below me instead of answering lol.
loller90278
2/8/08 6:49:26PM

Posted by bls1919

And this sport is what kept him out of the UFC. All of it so he could beat three guys in 2 mins. I think that shows u what kind of competitor he is. He's content with dominating nobodys and not coming to the big stage to prove what i think he can do

i beg anyone and everyone to not reply to this please
Manfred
2/8/08 7:05:36PM

Posted by loller90278

*Re-holsters flame thrower*
cowcatcher
2/8/08 7:12:38PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by loller90278

*Re-holsters flame thrower*

you made me lol a couple times today man, cant prop you or i would.
wrestler189
2/8/08 8:45:11PM
good find. thats awesome
TuFanboi
2/8/08 11:40:48PM
I disagree with the above. Not an interesting find, and no I don't care. Fedor needs to fight real competitors not amateurs in sambo matches.
Pookie
2/9/08 12:11:42AM
amateurs?

no need to hate on the thread just because you are dissatisfied with the situation of a fighter.

This is one of the best news articles ive seen posted lately.

Everybody doesnt have your opinions, if you cant structure them appropriately keep them to yourself.
LayinFrame
2/9/08 12:48:52AM
great find! fedor is a beast, like it or not
rabbit915
2/9/08 1:18:13AM
Im always suprised at how Fedor dominates Sambo but not quite as much his MMA fights. I sometimes wonder if all these bouts are legitimate . . .
RMFG_187
2/9/08 1:30:10AM
hey, he did beat em in 2 minutes, still better than last time, where the finalist didn't even show to fight Fedor. lol hes a beast
Svartorm
2/9/08 2:57:10AM

Posted by rabbit915

Im always suprised at how Fedor dominates Sambo but not quite as much his MMA fights. I sometimes wonder if all these bouts are legitimate . . .

Its a different rule-set, but I've seen a lot of his matches, and they all look legit. He just completely outclasses every single person he fights.
cmill21
2/9/08 1:30:02PM

Posted by TuFanboi

I disagree with the above. Not an interesting find, and no I don't care. Fedor needs to fight real competitors not amateurs in sambo matches.

You do realize they are some of the best sambo fighters in the world. Sambo is very important to his country, Putin attends these matches, and I believe he was a sambo practitioner in his day.
The_Grim_Reaper
2/9/08 2:37:20PM
Fedor is not fighting amatuers he's fighting the best sambo competitors in Russia, its just, .....(sigh)..... Fedor is better than all of them
RMFG_187
2/9/08 3:06:38PM
the only thing that separates these guys from Fedor, is that Fedors CAREAR is fighting, there for he trains probably 2x more than them. when the only thing u have to do is train train train, u have a great advantage over the ones that train when they can.
cmill21
2/9/08 3:44:17PM

Posted by RMFG_187

the only thing that separates these guys from Fedor, is that Fedors CAREAR is fighting, there for he trains probably 2x more than them. when the only thing u have to do is train train train, u have a great advantage over the ones that train when they can.

How do you know their "CAREAR" isn't fighting?
The_Grim_Reaper
2/9/08 5:40:53PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by RMFG_187

How do you know their "CAREAR" isn't fighting?

How do you know their "CAREAR" isn't Sambo?