Top Rung Off Limits, Jardine Climbing Ladder

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Top Rung Off Limits, Jardine Climbing Ladder
MMAcca
3/3/09 1:07:23PM
Whether Keith Jardine is first, second, or third in the light heavyweight hierarchy, the important thing is that he’s there in the first place.

“I’m probably like the third person asked to the prom on this one, I think,” he said of his UFC 96 fight with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson during a media teleconference. “But I got a call and couldn’t turn it down.”

The announcement that he’d face the former UFC light heavyweight champion was dropped on fans during the telecast for UFC 93, scrapping earlier reports he would face Brazilian prospect Luis Cane at UFC 97.

LINK
finnish_line
3/3/09 2:04:32PM

One thing Jardine has to stop doing immediately is talking about not fighting his good friend and training partner Rashad Evans.

He's the champ of the division you are in.
jakeiceman
3/3/09 5:20:12PM
Hopefully Page will just knock him out and avoid the shenanigans of Jardine not wanting to fight Rashad.

Pookie
3/3/09 5:33:55PM
If jardine wins, Machida will get the title shot, i dont think there will be any shenanigans either way
dannyfrank
3/3/09 5:43:16PM
i like jardine. he actually realizes why he is fighting rampage and he's gonna use that as motivation. im still not picking him to win though.

as for him not wanting to fight rashad, i mean there's not much you can do. some people just plain dont want to fight their friends. personally, i like competing against my friends. better to be beat by a friend than a douche bag IMO
higdon10
3/3/09 6:13:23PM

Posted by dannyfrank

i like jardine. he actually realizes why he is fighting rampage and he's gonna use that as motivation. im still not picking him to win though.

as for him not wanting to fight rashad, i mean there's not much you can do. some people just plain dont want to fight their friends. personally, i like competing against my friends. better to be beat by a friend than a douche bag IMO

I personally dont like to hit my friends in the mouth
sparky
3/3/09 7:02:34PM
Rampage is going to murder Jardine in the 1st rd simple and plain.........I'll be surprised if he makes it out of the 1st rd!!!!
bls1919
3/3/09 7:55:32PM
I am pulling for Jardine to win this one in a big way. I think Machida is being completly screwd if Jackson gets the title shot before he does. I have Page picked to win but do not want him to. I would even settle for a number 1 contender match between Machida and Page, but that won't happen.
theguido
3/3/09 9:28:12PM

Posted by sparky

Rampage is going to murder Jardine in the 1st rd simple and plain.........I'll be surprised if he makes it out of the 1st rd!!!!

Bet you said that when he faced Chuck too.
finnish_line
3/3/09 11:11:54PM

If Jardine wins and Rashad beats Machida, the match between the two would be as likely as any.

If Jardine then turns it down because of his feelings, I'd not invite him back until Rashad isn't champ any longer.